Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Around here, it seems, it's only the black and white trash that have dogs like that, the kind of people that feel like they need protection, but aren't allowed to have guns..... course, that's the root of the problem. Rule one for dog training is you've gotta be smarter than the dog. So they aren't smart enough to train a dog, and they aren't responsible enough to own a gun so they sure aren't responsible enough to own a dangerous damn dog.

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Getting rid of stupid people would be a good start.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Now this is a good dog!

Dog is hungry, let him eat!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...;type=3&video_source=pages_video_set
That was great. Reminded me of my protection trained Doberman, and an incident with him. I was stopped and talking to my neighbor on the street, who was walking her German Shepherd, when, unbeknownst to me, a construction worker was approaching me from behind with a length of 2X4 over his shoulder. I only became aware of it when he was just about on me because suddenly my Doberman lunged for him with all seriousness, intent on latching on. Fortunately for me, I had a good grip on the leash, or I would have been in for a world of hurt in the courts, and could even have lost my dog. Dog did right, none the less, as (from his perspective) that guy was sneaking up from behind to bean me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Getting rid of all Pit Bulls would set a great precedent. We can start there and move on to all kinds of stuff. What fun we will all have!
Bingo! Just let your politicians know you want them to start picking and choosing which dogs we can own, then stand back and watch what happens.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Getting rid of stupid people would be a good start.

Who gets to choose? Oh wait, I think the politicians have already made that decision and they win. It's just a waiting game now.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
Should have shot the damned pit bulls on sight.

The lawyer who would take this case should be shot on sight.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's right?

[Linked Image]

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Guys, it ain't the pit bulls fault. They should be put down humanly and the stupid owner fed to the gators. Blaming the pit bulls is like blaming the gun for school shootings. Dogs do what they are taught.

fully agree

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
If you laid loaded guns out on your driveway and neighborhood children found them and shot someone, you would not be responsible enough to own a gun.

Similarly, if you want to keep dangerous animals and let then get out and kill something, that is your fault. The pit bulls should be offed and you should pay.

There is no second amendment right to own a pit bull.

It reminds me of people who keep wild animals like tigers and full-grown [bleep]. These psychos confuse the wild animals with their children. Then they're surprised with the [bleep] gets out and bites off their friend's face and hands.

If my neighbor owned four pit bulls, I might go shopping for a .300 Whisper.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've owned both pit bulls and Beagles, and both are/can be good breeds. Had a friends Beagle jump my pit once, without provocation, but we got him off (got the Pit off) before any harm was done. The average Beagle is fearless and thinks he's as big and tough as any dog he comes across. That said, the story I read was the Pits had gone under the fence and were probably eating the Beagle, lady that owned the Pits also went through the fence into her neighbors yard, got bit and scratched trying to break up the fight - but her own dogs, I suspect.

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That was great. Reminded me of my protection trained Doberman, and an incident with him. I was stopped and talking to my neighbor on the street, who was walking her German Shepherd, when, unbeknownst to me, a construction worker was approaching me from behind with a length of 2X4 over his shoulder. I only became aware of it when he was just about on me because suddenly my Doberman lunged for him with all seriousness, intent on latching on. Fortunately for me, I had a good grip on the leash, or I would have been in for a world of hurt in the courts, and could even have lost my dog. Dog did right, none the less, as (from his perspective) that guy was sneaking up from behind to bean me.

It would have been a world of hurt in the courts when they find out the dog's name was Eichman, and the construction worker was Jewish.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.