Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by billy336
FLORIDA. Sure would be great here if all the fuggin Yanks would disappear. Too bad there isn't a trapping season on them bastids.
We'll keep that in mind next time you have the urge to hunt elk, moose, or wolf.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by K1500
California for sure except...well... it's California. Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana sound pretty good.

Not far from the truth.
I'm thoroughly disgusted with it's people and politics, but if you are aggressive and motivated, California surely ain't the joke many want to believe it is when it comes to hunting and fishing, trust me on that... wink

The three other states mentioned are really the only other options for me outside of Alaska.

You stay there and keep fighting the good fight.
We've got plenty of Californian's and the mentality they bring with them already.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho

hunting and the right mentality about leaving people alone

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Kinda like mexicans... being mexicans in mexico is fine... coming here and making pockets of little mexico isn't.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I havent hunted or fished in many other states, but Louisiana is gonna be hard to beat.

1/2 mile to the bayou and you can hunt, fish, and trap there. If you dont like that place, then its not over 15-20 miles to at least a 1/2 dozen other places.

Sportsman's Paradise

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Florida SUCKS. Been here practically my entire life, and when it comes to HUNTING, it just doesn't compare. Now if you like Salt Water fishing, a complete lack of changing seasons, heat, humidity and a FLAT landscape, then Florida's the place for you.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ironic that only one person said Colorado, but we have a couple hundred thousand come here to hunt from other states.

We looked at MT, too cold in winter. Wy,too windy. Lived in NM for 10years. Gave that up because you couldn't hunt elk every year.

Guess I'll stick to CO.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
South Dakota. My dog and I love to hunt pheasants.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I made that choice 15 years ago good fishing and hunting, and lots of public land to do it on. Mt, Wy, too much winter. I've lived in Florida. It's too hot, too humid, and has too many insects. My ideal would be CO, MT, or WY in the summer and become a snow bird in the winter to a lower latitude, like NM or Az.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a young impressionable teenager we vacationed in both Colorado and Montana. Great Cutthroat and brook trout fishing. The most beautiful place we visited and fished was British Columbia. All of those places would more than satisfy me. However, in my golden years, home sweet home Oklahoma is also a diversified sportsman's paradise, so I am also content here.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
As a young impressionable teenager we vacationed in both Colorado and Montana. Great Cutthroat and brook trout fishing. The most beautiful place we visited and fished was British Columbia. All of those places would more than satisfy me. However, in my golden years, home sweet home Oklahoma is also a diversified sportsman's paradise, so I am also content here.

Sounds like me. Some great places to visit, but great deer hunting in your yard and fishing right down the road are hard to beat. Golden years, love it.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Living in western SD, my choices would be WY/MT, ID, then AK.

AK would be first, but the darkness would kick my butt.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most of my life has been spent in Oregon and Washington. Populations have grown to where there is development in places you'd never have imagined and lots of places that were great hunting or fishing were attractive enough to become yuppie infestations. Still, this is home and there are still a couple corners of both states with decent local hunting and fishing. I've gone past the age of big hunting trips. My knees limit mobility so spending thousands on a hunt I cannot fully enjoy seems insane. The final element in staying in the Pacific Northwest is a need to occasionally be out on the ocean. Retirement is a few years off so we're looking for a place that will remain OK for a few more years where there's a small town lifestyle and I'll have a chance to do some hunting and fishing near home.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by billy336
FLORIDA. Sure would be great here if all the fuggin Yanks would disappear. Too bad there isn't a trapping season on them bastids.
We'll keep that in mind next time you have the urge to hunt elk, moose, or wolf.

Doesn't sound like a blacktail deer hunt is happening any time soon either.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me it would be in order: Montana, Wyoming, The western part of the Dakotas, Idaho, and Colorado

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I'm about to buy a motorhome so I can change my mind anytime I please.

That sounds like a plan!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Several I can think of. Idaho,Alaska,Wyoming,Colorado. But it seems like those Montucky boys have some great hunting and fishing from the pics they post.

If I had to choose just one it'd be Montana.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For diversified opportunities for hunting and fishing, Alaska tops them all. Just wish that I had discovered it when I was 20 years younger and had my career ahead of me...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
While S.C., does not have the variety of the western states, it is still a good state to live in for outdoorsmen; we have a 4.5 month deer season with no limit on bucks, and plentiful doe tags. Lots of hogs, great fishing at Clark Hill and Santee-Cooper plus good saltwater fishing. Turkey limit is 5. I am happy here and damn near tired of deer hunting after 4.5 months!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It would be hard to pick one since I haven't seen them all yet.
However, I'm pretty content. We have mountains, beaches and a little bit of everything else in between. We can take a deer a day from late October through early February. Excellent fishing year round. The bears and alligators are coming back. No elk, moose or antelope though. Maybe that's what vacations are for?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,664
Posts18,455,763
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.