-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,445 of 1,842 1 2 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1841 1842
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Guys hope all is well. Some awesome deer showing up here in the thread. Lotta memories and good times being made. Getting ready here for Thursday to go for some illusive fuzzy black trash can wreckers. I did get my deer mount back from last year and oh I am going to have a baby girl showing up in 6 months. Well Im not "Punches me in the Eye" is LOL. here's some deer pics. Hunt safe and hunt hard guys and ladies... have fun Sorry for huge pics
[img:right][Linked Image][/img] [Linked Image]

Last edited by Dv8uagain; 11/14/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dv8uagain
Hey Guys hope all is well. Some awesome deer showing up here in the thread. Lotta memories and good times being made. Getting ready here for Thursday to go for some illusive fuzzy black trash can wreckers. I did get my deer mount back from last year and oh I am going to have a baby girl showing up in 6 months. Well Im not "Punches me in the Eye" is LOL. here's some deer pics. Hunt safe and hunt hard guys and ladies... have fun Sorry for huge pics

Wow, that's a heckuva nice buck. I saw one out behind the house back in late June/early July that was sized very similar to that monster. I'm hoping to see him again shortly after first light tomorrow morning.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Dv8uagain

Wow, that's a heckuva nice buck. I saw one out behind the house back in late June/early July that was sized very similar to that monster. I'm hoping to see him again shortly after first light tomorrow morning.

Thanks that dummy ran out in front of two of the 4 bullets I threw at him but it worked out for me better than him. He got a nice spot in my living room (thanks wifeboss)but also in allot of my meals lol. Second deer I ever got but I don't think I'll ever get any better so he gets to hang out and watch tv. Hope ya getum in the AM to me it's 5% get outta bed 95% holy poop that just happened. I wish ya all the luck stay safe!!!

Last edited by Dv8uagain; 11/14/14.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice Buck!

Our oldest son's football team went into the playoffs as the number 5 seed. They kept winning until they won the section. Then won the state quarter final and today played in the final four, state semi final.

Well our little "Cinderella" team started slow and lost but on the bright side, they played their hearts out and ended the season farther than they have ever gotten before in the history of the 3 school districts that make up the team. (They just joined last season so in their second year they made the state tourney)

The cool part for us personally is, they put our son in at QB after half time and he sparked a comeback from a 20 - 0 deficit and led the team to a chance to tie at the end of the game but it didn't work out for them.

They are done now and it was a hellova season for "our little team that could!" So proud of those boys!!

Meanwhile, while we were at the game, my brother in law scored on a 6 point buck from my homemade ground blind so that was good news!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I feel both guilty and extremely appreciative of my deer hunting season. As you know my daughter shot her first deer this year at 10 years old. We spent a lot of time practicing and it paid off.

Well this morning I pulled the trigger on a nice 10 pointer that we have been playing cat and mouse with all week. He went 50 yards and piled up. For the season I passed up 11 bucks including an 8 right before dark tonight with one of my 6 year old boys. The other twin also got a chance to see me pass up an 8 from the same stand on Thursday. Just plain awesome deer hunting week. Nobody else in my group has pulled the trigger.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I sure wish we could transfer a few up your way Dave. I was hoping to hear they were coming back strong.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday was our firearms opener. It was cold, cloudy, breezy and snowy. I saw 6 within the first 45 minutes, including one small spike. I saw several more throughout the day, but expect for a couple does that came in at dark, they were the same 6 from the morning in varying combinations. The little spike turned out to be quite the pint sized bully, chasing most of the other deer around when he felt that they were crowding him. Nice to see deer, but it'd be nice to see some moving through in hopes of them dragging a shoot able buck along with them.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have yet to see a deer but the boys teamed up and brought in a little buck yesterday. They didn't have a very good shot in him so they had to track and finish. I'm very proud of the boys for sticking with it and finding the deer. Sounds like it was a little work.

We tried the new cabin oven, did a really nice pork loin roast with taters and veggies in a big deep cast iron skillet. It was very good.

Super windy this morning.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear your camp had some success, Dave.

Calm and chilly here this am with a few inches of fresh snow and more silently fall, sometimes heavily.

Had a coyote sprint across the snow globe-like landscape in front of me shortly after 1st light, but couldn't get the crosshairs on him through the white blur. Spotted a couple deer chasing back and forth at about 200yds, but couldn't make out what they were, even with the binocular.

Probably only hunt the morning today. Got to take the kiddos shopping for a birthday gift for Momma and then watch the Lions take on Arizona. It's kind of a big one. Winner will be tops in the NFC.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think the vikings are playing the Nimrod Jr high science club.

Its kind of a big deal too. If the vikings can pull off a win I guess the Nimrod shop class made a really nice trophy out of macaroni noodles and gold spray paint. That would be a nice piece for the team's trophy case, a good confidence builder.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Its kind of a big deal too. If the vikings can pull off a win I guess the Nimrod shop class made a really nice trophy out of macaroni noodles and gold spray paint. That would be a nice piece for the team's trophy case, a good confidence builder.

LMAO laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
This has been by far the worst deer season as far as deer sightings for me. I have seen a total of 5 deer in 6 days of hunting and 3 of those were a doe with twins. Yesterday, I sat from dawn until dusk on prime river bottom butting up to cut corn and soybeans and didn't see one deer.

I blame the 5 deer per person thing on the decimated numbers. I blame the coyotes on the slow recovery. I seriously think the DNR should shut the season down for a year or two and in order to get a tag when it opens, each hunter has to turn in a predetermined number of coyote hides. That would get people out killing those fawn eating bossturds smile

Or even if they put a bounty on them, it would get more people out shooting/trapping them.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I feel both guilty and extremely appreciative of my deer hunting season. As you know my daughter shot her first deer this year at 10 years old. We spent a lot of time practicing and it paid off.

Well this morning I pulled the trigger on a nice 10 pointer that we have been playing cat and mouse with all week. He went 50 yards and piled up. For the season I passed up 11 bucks including an 8 right before dark tonight with one of my 6 year old boys. The other twin also got a chance to see me pass up an 8 from the same stand on Thursday. Just plain awesome deer hunting week. Nobody else in my group has pulled the trigger.

Sounds like you had a great season Bman! Congrats!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gophergunner is awesome.

That is all.

smile

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Went up to Goalie's palatial estate yesterday and helped him bag up some venneyson. Good to see the ol' Puckhead again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was good to have you gopher. The help was much appreciated, and made the wife very happy, which makes me very happy...

smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

No macaroni trophy for da vikes. Gawd our O-line sucks!

Adrian Peterson made them look WAY better than they are

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Haven't heard from Tommy T-zone in awhile. Wonder if his hinder butt froze to da ground up Nort der?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Now it's froze to da grond down here eh!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody interested in a last gasp hit the woods hunt this Sunday somewhere in zone 1?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,445 of 1,842 1 2 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.