Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Got it through the head with a CCI CB short.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yea, Those CCI CB shorts are greatest thing since apple pie.

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a batch of old CCI CB shorts that are not accurate.
But the newer batches are all accurate.

The important thing is that they sound like a BB gun and don't wake up the wife.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Clarkm: Good work on the Varmint there!
I have never tried those bullets thanks for the tip.
The hanging tags on your Model 75 Sporter (?) reminds me of my old friend Ron Kesslering who owned a large gun shop in N.W. Washington.
I would host him and a few other friends every year from his area and Ron was always showing up with a couple of Rifles that had the store hang tags still on them.
He often had to sight them in once he got here to S.W. Montana and I would give him the gears over that.
I assume once he got back home he would then put those Rifles back on his stores ample shelves?
Is your 22 for sale?
Again good work on the Raccoon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I only went to Kesselring's a couple times. That place had a reputation as a Mecca for gun collectors.

In Scientific American 40 years ago that hummingbirds can only remember 16 locations for flowers. My memory is not that good, so I have labels on a lot of guns that tell me when I bought them, from whom, how much I paid, the make, the model, the cartridge, and the year manufactured. And if any repair work is needed. That one in the pic still has the label from the pawn shop where I snapped it up for $550 as soon as it went on consignment in February. I had to find some parts for the Lyman 57E rear sight. Lyman is still makes the parts, but were not interchangeable. But I lapped them to fit, and it is ok now.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is the reason not to shoot CB Longs in a 22lr chamber over a CB short?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
availability, maybe?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The argument goes that with the shorter case and continuous use, a build up of crud from the shorter rounds will prevent chambering the longer rounds.

The problem with the argument is the 22 Long case and the 22 LR case are the same length. So if it has any validity, it would only work with the 22 short case being used in a long or LR chambered gun.

Regular cleaning should resolve the issue.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The CB short has the powder space volume smaller than the CB Long.
Both the CB Long and CB short have ~ 0.45 gr powder.
So they both can stay below 1 atmoshpere of muzzle pressrue with a 24" barrel. So they have sub sonic gas escapement, and sound like a BB gun.

But the CB short will get more velocity and less accuracy.
[Higher expansion ratio, and longer jump to the lands.]

Recent batches of CCI CB short are much more accurate than a few years ago.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[Linked Image]

President Obama meets his half brother from Kenya...

Inspiring, isn't it?

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[quote=VarmintGuy]Clarkm: Good work on the Varmint there!
I have never tried those bullets thanks for the tip.
The hanging tags on your Model 75 Sporter (?) reminds me of my old friend Ron Kesslering who owned a large gun shop in N.W. Washington.
I would host him and a few other friends every year from his area and Ron was always showing up with a couple of Rifles that had the store hang tags still on them.
He often had to sight them in once he got here to S.W. Montana and I would give him the gears over that.
I assume once he got back home he would then put those Rifles back on his
stores ample shelves?

Is your 22 for sale?
Again good work on the Raccoon.
Hold into the wind

Did you guys know Kesselrings lost their license and don't have a gun in the place...

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
September 2014
1941 Win 75 [$550] CB short

[Linked Image]
November 2014
1955 Win 61 [$620] CB short

[Linked Image]
Today
1941 ~ 1964 Marlin 80 [$40] CB short

That is (3) 11.5 lb female coons in a row.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
704 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.