Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know a lot of folks who went for Nevada and it seemed to work out well for both them as well as their extended families. And as you pointed out it's a great place to visit for 6 months out of the year. AZ makes sense as well.

Glad to see you really are making your dream and goals a reality.

Congrats!!!

BTW in case you decide to look east TN and FL seem to be the best options.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love Wyoming.
The wind howls like a [bleep], the snow blows and it hurts to go outside sometimes, but it's about as polar opposite of liberally f * c k e d up California as you're going to find, best of all it's deep dark conservative red.

Tons of antelope, lots of elk, and decent deer.
They'll have the wolf thing figured out soon too.
Shoot the [bleep] out of the coyotes, and fly the bird to every vehicle you see bearing California plates.... grin

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Nevada is better than California, but it's no paradise. They have a serious bureaucracy here and they'll nickle and dime you to death on everything under the sun to make up for not having an income tax. Cops are a bit overbearing on the highways, they'll pull you over for anything you can imagine; just another tax if you ask me.

No, I'd recommend Arizona or Texas. If it were up to me, I would have never left Arkansas.

The NHP are extortionists with a blue car and a badge here. They were once well respected and helpful. None of the other LEO forces in the State have any use for them now.

As stated, we get fee'd to death in lieu of taxes that are actually called taxes. State government is entirely self-serving. It costs a state fee of $25.00 for a Brady check for example. One day late paying your vehicle registration...$25.00 late fee...and on and on.

I'm a 67 y/o native of NV and don't recognize the State anymore. With the influx of N.E. liberal Jews, illegals as manpower for the tourist industry, and retired blue-noses from LA and the Bay Area we're no longer populated with Nevadans. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, but he's 100% mobile. He could go anywhere in NV and leave the state at will.

Go Maverick!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho or Wyoming.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the idea of Wyoming. AND we can all stay with Keith!!!!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Knowing Keith, he probably will put you all up, cook you great meals, and guide you on great hunts.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

Now wait just a doggone minute...conservatives welcome here ...liberals too since the wolves and grizzle bears need to eat... wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Middlefork,

I'm in the same boat. We live in what might be the most beautiful state in the country, but its full up of political hostiles. Every time I turn around one governmental entity or another wants money from us.

While I'm not LDS, I'd check in to Southern Utah. It's not too far from CA should one want to escape the cold. Utah is conservative. It has excellent hunting & fishing. I might be wrong here, but I believe it has the lowest crime rate of any state in the country.

On my way to a Utah elk hunt last September, I drove through Flagstaff. I couldn't believe how much that city has gown. I hadn't been through it in about 25 years. A woman I used to date graduated from NAU. She has always spoken positively about Flagstaff. So Flagstaff might be another consideration. I'm not sure about fishing & from what I understand it's hard to draw big game tags. But at least it is sportsman friendly.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

+2 ^^^^^^
All you guys looking to relocate (especially the Californians) should give WY first consideration.
ID has nothing to offer unless you just like potato's.

Yep,,, WY,, hands down.

MT's nice too.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Charlie has an extra room to rent laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I'm in the process of trading the equity of my house for a motorhome...(great deal if it goes well)... Being a current resident of Ca. I'm looking at establishing residency in one of the neighboring states...My basic concerns are vehicle fees/smog...gun laws...
What are smog and gun laws?????? whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Middlefork, aint you the very same who has been stuck living in a hellish neighborhood for years?

IF so CONGRATS on escaping all of that coolcoolcoolcool

I have little specific information to offer, but I'm guessing an option to escape the cold and snow while still residing in one's legal state of residence might be useful. I think I'd pick Arizona.

I WOULD pick a state with lots of public land, which probably applies to all the ones under consideration here but which rules out Texas.

I figure in Arizona you would be within 24 hours of places like Wyoming and Montana on the one hand, and both coasts on the other (Texas has some great parks on the Coast).

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Middlefork, aint you the very same who has been stuck living in a hellish neighborhood for years?

IF so CONGRATS on escaping all of that coolcoolcoolcool

Yep...5 gunfights within 100 yds. of the front door this past spring & summer.
I'm gonna have lunch with the guy later today & hopefully seal the deal. I'm pretty sure I'll be spending most of my time in Az. so I'm probably gonna have to spend some time in a mobile park for a physical address...not sure how long it'll be required, but I don't really care. I'll admit it's a little unnerving to do what I'm gonna do, but life hasn't been good here for quite a long time. It's time to move on down the road...

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes, Texas would be quite low on the list.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Hell, come to Texas. As pro-gun as it gets, year-round hunting and no property taxes.

Whaddya mean by "no property taxes"...?
We didn't have a state income tax there, but the property taxes on our house were outrageous...!

I wouldn't call our property taxes outrageous compared to others I've seen.

I don't like em, but I am not much aware of anything thats scott free other than Alaska but I could be wrong...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
+2 ^^^^^^
All you guys looking to relocate (especially the Californians) should give WY first consideration.

Yep,,, WY,, hands down.

MT's nice too.

With all due respect sir.....Blow it out your ass! cry

I'm certain, I'll never be the ultimate conservative, hunter, trapper, fisherman or model human being you are so maybe you have some advice for "us Californians" wink that want to emulate guys like yourself and be accepted by the royal blooded natives.

I will try to change my California ways , if only you can give me some advice on how I can be more like you.
I'm serious.
Just exactly what is it about you that makes you a superior candidate to live in Idaho and why I'm wrong for your state?

I hunt (wolves too wink ) I've spent all of my adult life killing, skinning and dissecting the flesh of animals.
I trap.
I fish.
I vote straight R down the ticket, vote against spending, vote against stupid environmental proposals and against anything that restricts personal freedom.
I despise liberals, treehuggers, anti gunners etc, and in general, people that don't mind their own effing business.

I love my family and the traditional western lifestyle.
I'm certainly no city dweller...lol! I've lived on Cattle ranches and owned a number of horses and other livestock.
I've raised my kid to be a hardcore outdoorsman and to proudly defend his way of life.

Every time I see myself or another 'Fire member from here looking to relocate, you come on here and post up that "Go Away" stuff as if we are part of your problem.
Certainly I can understand your disdain for liberal trash of which there is an enormous amount of here in CaliHell, but the guys that post here are generally good, gun owning conservatives, often better than many of your fellow natives.

You sure as Hell don't have to worry about me wanting to change your state, unless I can make it even more undesirable for liberals and a deeper shade of red.

BTW, that's just fine as I'm a meat & potatoes guy and I can certainly find my own meat.... wink

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude, just let it go.

One thing I've noticed after I moved, was that the good people here get to know someone before they pass judgement on their character or intentions.

It's a lot different from the internet.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wyoming Concealed Carry

If you truly plan to travel, recognize that WY's carry permit is honored in more places than just about any other western state.

A couple of buddies who retired to Wyoming seldom leave...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
+2 ^^^^^^

Yep,,, WY,, hands down.

MT's nice too.

With all due respect sir.....Blow it out your ass! cry

I'm certain, I'll never be the ultimate conservative, hunter, trapper, fisherman or model human being you are so maybe you have some advice for "us Californians" wink that want to emulate guys like yourself and be accepted by the royal blooded natives.

I will try to change my California ways , if only you can give me some advice on how I can be more like you.
I'm serious.
Just exactly what is it about you that makes you a superior candidate to live in Idaho and why I'm wrong for your state?

I hunt (wolves too wink ) I've spent all of my adult life killing, skinning and dissecting the flesh of animals.
I trap.
I fish.
I vote straight R down the ticket, vote against spending, vote against stupid environmental proposals and against anything that restricts personal freedom.
I despise liberals, treehuggers, anti gunners etc, and in general, people that don't mind their own effing business.

I love my family and the traditional western lifestyle.
I'm certainly no city dweller...lol! I've lived on Cattle ranches and owned a number of horses and other livestock.
I've raised my kid to be a hardcore outdoorsman and to proudly defend his way of life.

Every time I see myself or another 'Fire member from here looking to relocate, you come on here and post up that "Go Away" stuff as if we are part of your problem.
Certainly I can understand your disdain for liberal trash of which there is an enormous amount of here in CaliHell, but the guys that post here are generally good, gun owning conservatives, often better than many of your fellow natives.

You sure as Hell don't have to worry about me wanting to change your state, unless I can make it even more undesirable for liberals and a deeper shade of red.

BTW, that's just fine as I'm a meat & potatoes guy and I can certainly find my own meat.... wink

Take a pill killer...

It was said tongue in cheek just like Keith's recommendation to move to ID was.

The fact is though,,, "MOST" Californians insist on bringing California with them when they leave. And I'm not the only one who says that so it must have some merit whether you agree with it or not.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.