Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I understand the oil is headed for export, and Canadian oil companies get the profits.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I understand it will also carry the oil from western ND and eastern MT. If that is so, that can't be even a little bit bad. US can't export oil if I remember.

Jobs and the safest method of oil transfer we have can't be all bad.....

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by White_Bear; 11/20/14.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
According to Fox News, 1/3 of the oil Keystone delivers will be exported. The balance will be processed here.
Also, although the pipeline starts in Canada, a large portion of the North Dakota production will be piped south in it.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From what I have read/heard on the radio, baaken oil can be 10% of total capacity placed into this pipeline. I believe it was something the Governor of MT negotiated with the Keystone folks...

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I understand the oil is headed for export, and Canadian oil companies get the profits.

What's wrong with that?

But we get some benefits too, like jobs and lower cost of gasoline, diesel and fuel oil. Also pipeline transport of crude is much safer than rail. On a net/net basis, all that rail transport of crude does is unnecessarily take money out of consumer pockets and puts in into the coffers of the railroad companies. I have no objection to the railroads making a profit, but it shouldn't be driven by government fiat, in my opinion

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Ha...you understand wrong. It is illegal for oil to be exported from the United States. Refined products...yes. Do you have a problem with things that are made here being sold abroad for profit?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
It pisses off greenies and the CorksuckerIC and creates some wealth.

I'm in....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HNIC opened up the gates to illegals coming in and staying tonight, but still wants to shut down anything leaving this country?
Sounds par for his course......

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by achadwick
But we get some benefits too, like jobs and lower cost of gasoline, diesel and fuel oil. Also pipeline transport of crude is much safer than rail. On a net/net basis, all that rail transport of crude does is unnecessarily take money out of consumer pockets and puts in into the coffers of the railroad companies. I have no objection to the railroads making a profit, but it shouldn't be driven by government fiat, in my opinion

Jobs, yes. The rest not so much.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Ha...you understand wrong. It is illegal for oil to be exported from the United States. Refined products...yes. Do you have a problem with things that are made here being sold abroad for profit?

Alaskan oil is exempt, exports to Canada are exempt, and export anywhere else isn't illegal - it just requires a special license.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I believe it will be transporting oil produced in Canada,a nd that the export restriction would not apply to that oil.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by JOG

Jobs, yes. The rest not so much.

"The rest" are the main benefits. Jobs are secondary.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Alaskan oil is exempt, exports to Canada are exempt, and export anywhere else isn't illegal - it just requires a special license.

That must be a expensive license...Exxon/Mobil can't afford it. Why would anybody but us buy crude oil anyway? We have the only government in the world that makes it more expensive to produce domestically than to import.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd like some cites to authorities. Not saying anything posted here is wrong, but it is inconsistent.

I do appreciate the discussion here, since the MSM certainly does not give the full picture.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not building the pipeline insures large campaign contributions grin

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
How about aiding a good neighbor/ally? Setting up the infrastructure when the SHTF to make more/better use of "our" (Canada and the US) resources.

Imagine if things go to heck and middle eastern exports shut down. If the pipeline is developed and all that tar sands oil comes through and to the US, we will have much more flexibility because we have more ready access to Canadian oil. Versus the opposite. If Canada is forced to ship westward and have a point of export on their western seaboard, our options are much more limited with regard to utilizing our neighbors' oil. Makes good sense to me given that scenario.

Last edited by Tarkio; 11/20/14.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I believe it will be transporting oil produced in Canada,a nd that the export restriction would not apply to that oil.

Once it hits the pipeline junction in Cushing Oklahoma, it's all just the same oil.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
been several derailments close to here, only luck so far that it hasnt been any of the oil tankers but they have derailed in other places.....whole lot of the oil produced in the Bakken is leaving by rail, not pipelines....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

What's wrong with that?

You're dreaming.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Canada exports oil to other countries and the US imports oil for our use?

If so, that makes as much sense as me driving 75 miles to Houston for a Quarter Pounder after passing the McDonald's 2.5 miles from my house.

Dave

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 10gaugemag, 48 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,238
Posts18,466,745
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.