-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am looking into doing my first AR build. I have owned and shot AR's for years but have always got rid of them because they were never exactly what I wanted. So this led me to thinking maybe I should just build one.

Has anyone here used Mega billet lowers and uppers for their build or have any first hand knowledge of them. I have read a lot of information on them lately but I want to hear from guys here who use their stuff.

Thanks all.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Reno, Mega stuff is top shelf! Expensive but top shelf.

Randy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mega makes great stuff. I used their .308 receivers on a rifle and the fit and finish is top notch. I would definitely buy again.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys. That's what I had read elsewhere too. A guy never knows if it's interwebs BS or real world experience. I appreciate the info gentlemen.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mega is good stuff but you can get the same results with a forged upper and lower at a lot less cash. Just saying.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Can be best stuff but is it needed? If its only wanted thats cool, but the recievers "quality" has very little to do with accuracy.

Just FYI.

Barrel, how its set up and chambered has the most to do with accuracy.

This from winning more than a few matches with one of the cheapest lowers and uppers ever out there... and fugly to boot...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I recently built a 6.8 on a Mega MKM upper and Ambi lower, yes its very nice stuff but its also a little pricey. is it needed? entirely up to the guy pulling the trigger but as rost said, the real accuracy comes from the barrel, skimp on the barrel and it will only look good...

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It is pricey but like I said I want something built to my specs. I agree the billet uppers and lowers aren't needed but I like they way they look and I know I will be much happier and more likely to keep it around if I build what it is I want the first time.

Reno

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used mega on a couple of builds the most recent being a . 308. Fit and finish was excellent. I feel like the finish itself is of a higher quality than some of the other stuff I've used like spikes. I like that they used set screws instead of roll pins. I prefer cnc'd stuff just cause of the different look you get with the different angles etc that are machined in. It's small but if your gonna build one... I like Seekins too but it may be a little state based bias. Bottom line is I didn't regret the extra money spent. I haven't tried their barrels but if they are like the rest of their stuff, they'd be worth a shot.

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mega is great stuff! The fit and finish is top shelf. If one has and wants to drop the coin on a quality billet upper/lower combo. Mega is way to go.

[Linked Image]

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I ended up finding a used gun built with Mega parts so I bought it. It is gonna be a little cheaper way for me to try them out. I should see it next week. I'm anxious to see it and put some rounds down range!!

Reno

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

571 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,823
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.