Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanksgiving morning at about 4 a.m. I'll be heading out for deer camp in Pennsylvania. We go to Indiana and pick up my son. Friday morning we head down to Youngstown, Ohio and stay with my brother overnight. Saturday morning begins the pilgrimmage to Clearfield County, Pa. for the absolute best deer opener there ever will be. Bright and early Monday morning the Pumpkin Army will ascend the mountains of Penns' Woods once again. Shots will ring out, memories will be made. To all the Pa. boys, it's gonna be good to back home on the hill. 'Can't wait be there. Good Lord willing, I'll be there when my boy fills his first tag this year, with Dad's old 99.

Good luck to everyone, and we'll see you soon. Have an Iron City Light ready and waiting. I'm really thirsty, boys!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wish you nothing but the best of hunts.

Iron City aka "Red Dot"? Boys that stuff will ruin your taste buds. Pick up some Yengling, try Black and Tan, and move up more than a little while still keeping it Pa true. grin

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The folks in Pa. Sure have a great whitetail hunting tradition. Good luck on your hunt!

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Thanksgiving morning at about 4 a.m. I'll be heading out for deer camp in Pennsylvania. We go to Indiana and pick up my son. Friday morning we head down to Youngstown, Ohio and stay with my brother overnight. Saturday morning begins the pilgrimmage to Clearfield County, Pa. for the absolute best deer opener there ever will be. Bright and early Monday morning the Pumpkin Army will ascend the mountains of Penns' Woods once again. Shots will ring out, memories will be made. To all the Pa. boys, it's gonna be good to back home on the hill. 'Can't wait be there. Good Lord willing, I'll be there when my boy fills his first tag this year, with Dad's old 99.

Good luck to everyone, and we'll see you soon. Have an Iron City Light ready and waiting. I'm really thirsty, boys!

Where at in Clearfield County?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm gonna miss another PA season.

I'll be thinking of my dad, Baby, Digger, Rabbit, Uncle Floyd, Maz, Don, Uncle Ed and all the other fellas that used to make deer camp in PA the best time of year for a young kid.

Roll 'em!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Good luck, looking forward to the start of the season in the northeast as well.

Yeunglings oktoberfest, is a good one too...grin

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm gonna miss another PA season.

+1, didnt think it would ever happen that I would not be home in PA for deer season again but it has been too many years since I roamed the mountains of Potter county!

I am hunting Texas Dc 4 to 8 but it sure isnt like being home ...

Ted
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ridgerunner85

Boone Mountain between Beers Road and the Boy Scout Camp. The camp's been in our family for all most 70 years now. Sadly, all the original members are gone. None of the other guys had kids that showed any interest in it, so the camp came down to me and my brother. My brother's days afield are probably done. Knee surgery and other ailments have taken their toll. We're struggling just to hang on to the camp right now. Keep your eyes posted guys-it may be for sale next spring.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Yeah, nothing stays the same (Except for Yuengling, that is still good)for years. The amount of hunters at all the places I go is really down. Ever stop going to an area for a while and try to find a certain place a couple years later? Even the woods changes after a few years. Well, sometimes change is good. It really does feel good to go back to a place where you grew up hunting for years. Good luck out there.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good luck.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still dealing with some issues, but ill be up. Whether in the woods or on the couch I gotta be there. Good luck all and bring home the big one!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cheers to a great season and great memories!

Brandon Gleason
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here is a shout out to Coalcracker, his son, Z, Cousin Dale, the Breiners and all of the other guys chasin whitetails in eastern PA. Shoot strainght and be safe!

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The folks in Pa. Sure have a great whitetail hunting tradition. Good luck on your hunt!

+1

I have gone to the "big woods" of Pa. for over 50 years. The only year I ever missed was that of a new job and out of state boss.

In 16 years, I never attended a public school that even tried to have classes on the first day of deer season.

Good luck and shoot straight. I'll be over in Forest Co.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
me and my son on one side of the hill in Bradford county, and my wife and daughter on the other side of the hill....I get more excited for deer season than anything else, when my children started hunting 4 years ago I now get even more excited! by the way, they have the first two days off. My boy is 11 and has shot 3 bucks and 5 doe in the last 4 years, and my daughter is 9 and whacked her first doe last year. hopefully a buck finds her scope this year. lenny

guns to me are like legal crack
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good Luck to All & Happy Hunting!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We will scout Saturday afternoon and Sunday if necessary, but we will most likely end up in spots that our family has hunted for over 7 decades now. Dad's Tree, the Witches Tit, the Pallet Stand. No matter what else happens at deer camp, these tried and tested spots always seem to produce. I have no doubt that Dad the other members of the Old Guard will once again be watching over us. Here's to all the guys that will be in the hills, and to those who won't. Good luck guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ridgerunner85

Boone Mountain between Beers Road and the Boy Scout Camp. The camp's been in our family for all most 70 years now. Sadly, all the original members are gone. None of the other guys had kids that showed any interest in it, so the camp came down to me and my brother. My brother's days afield are probably done. Knee surgery and other ailments have taken their toll. We're struggling just to hang on to the camp right now. Keep your eyes posted guys-it may be for sale next spring.

What antler restriction do you guys have in your hunt area?

I'll be with my dad & 2 brothers. We'll be between sigel and brockway in 2f. Good luck, and most importantly...stay safe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck and drive safe!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We're struggling just to hang on to the camp right now. Keep your eyes posted guys-it may be for sale next spring.

Did you ever consider leasing it rather than selling it? you might make enough to cover the exspenses and still keep it in the family.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,092
Posts18,464,055
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.