H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Last edited by heavywalker; 11/20/14.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What little I know about EO's is there are two ways to look at them.

1 - That most are unconstitutional, not just BHO's but all since at least back to Lincoln, probably further.

2 - Since EO's have never been clearly defined or challenged by SCOTUS, the other side of the coin is they're all constitutional and the power of the EO is unlimited.

Obama is not the first to do something VERY controversial through EO. But this one seems a bit dumb, even for BHO. Congress has been battling this one for over a decade, and to have one person just circumvent the entire legislative process on an issue that is so tied to the legislative process.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I'll give you a hint Walt. It isn't the EO's that are a problem. Everyone here realizes that they have been a tool for the Executive Branch to govern for long before any of us were around. However it is the intent to circumvent the checks and balances within our system and the effects those orders will have that are alarming.

Get it?

Got it...

Do yo think it has anything to do with the lack of meaningful legislation coming out of the GOP controlled house that has caused this circumvention issue? The house has chosen to offer nada-nothing, zip in the past 6 years thus we have EO run a muck.

Get it?

The house has offered up plenty of bills, that would advance the countries interest. Your boy Reid refuses to put them up to a vote and your Man Obama will veto them if they pass.

Remember when the government shut down back in 2013 Walt?

Remember that the R's put forth a bill that would have kept the Government running but has a provision to push back the Ocare mandate because the system was not ready?

Do you remember that Obama came out and said he would veto any such bill?

Do you remember that he publicly called the GOP terrorists for putting such a provision in the bill?

Do you remember how he allowed the government to shut down because he said he wouldn't negotiate with Terrorists?

Do you remember the Governement shutting down and him blaming the R's?

Do you remember that shortly after a bill was passed to get the government back up and running that Obama pushed back the deadline for the mandate?

Now do you think that Obama has at any point tried to reach out to the R's and work with them to get a reasonable bill through or do you think it is always Obama's way or nothing?

Now that may give you a glimpse of why nothing has came out of the house has passed in the last 4 years, if it makes them look good Obama won't do it, if it isn't what obama wants he won't budge, if he don't get his way he throws a tantrum. He leads like a petulant child, and nothing can get done with that type of leadership.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
I'd rather not start eroding posse comitatus to any degree. Institute a flat/fair tax, fire the IRS, redirect funds to BP. Problem solved.

what I'd give to hear one politician of national prominence have the balls to say and believe in

therein lies the rub, 4ager doesn't want anything to do with politics as he enjoys living his life with honor

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Commissioned to sit in the Senate Rotunda to sternly remind them of their irrelevance. (H/T Jon Gabriel Ricochet.com)

[Linked Image]

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I'd rather not start eroding posse comitatus to any degree. Institute a flat/fair tax, fire the IRS, redirect funds to BP. Problem solved.

what I'd give to hear one politician of national prominence have the balls to say and believe in

therein lies the rub, 4ager doesn't want anything to do with politics as he enjoys living his life with honor

If you're insinuating you'd want me to consider running for any political office at all, I ought to come up there to AK and b!tch slap you with your own curling iron.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you're insinuating you'd want me to consider running for any political office at all, I ought to come up there to AK and b!tch slap you with your own curling iron.

shotgun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

well if you'd let me shake your hand and buy you a meal afterwards, I believe it'd be worth it.

but damn man a curling iron? is it ok if it's a cold one?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would love to enter the world of politics.

But I can't afford the lawyer fees for expunging that many records.

Maybe I should go full safariman and start a collection?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I would love to enter the world of politics.

But I can't afford the lawyer fees for expunging that many records.

Why lose your street cred?

It's your best marketing foundation.

If anyone gives you crap about your history, hit them with a bible.

-Rove WannabE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

shotgun.

Oh, you know this.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
We passed the verge a long time before this travesty of a President came on the scene and Republicans are just as culpable as Democrats.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Read this this morning. Hard to disagree with it:

" �No, the president didn�t kill the process all by himself. Bush did it! Reagan did it!� True or not, twenty years from now, the minions of some Republican Napoleon will be screaming �Obama did it!� And they�ll have a sad story or a chilling warning that will justify why it�s ok. Because all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States � unless the president says it�s super important. Then anything goes."

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I'll give you a hint Walt. It isn't the EO's that are a problem. Everyone here realizes that they have been a tool for the Executive Branch to govern for long before any of us were around. However it is the intent to circumvent the checks and balances within our system and the effects those orders will have that are alarming.

Get it?

Got it...

Do yo think it has anything to do with the lack of meaningful legislation coming out of the GOP controlled house that has caused this circumvention issue? The house has chosen to offer nada-nothing, zip in the past 6 years thus we have EO run a muck.

Get it?

The house has offered up plenty of bills, that would advance the countries interest. Your boy Reid refuses to put them up to a vote and your Man Obama will veto them if they pass.

Remember when the government shut down back in 2013 Walt?

Remember that the R's put forth a bill that would have kept the Government running but has a provision to push back the Ocare mandate because the system was not ready?

Do you remember that Obama came out and said he would veto any such bill?

Do you remember that he publicly called the GOP terrorists for putting such a provision in the bill?

Do you remember how he allowed the government to shut down because he said he wouldn't negotiate with Terrorists?

Do you remember the Governement shutting down and him blaming the R's?

Do you remember that shortly after a bill was passed to get the government back up and running that Obama pushed back the deadline for the mandate?

Now do you think that Obama has at any point tried to reach out to the R's and work with them to get a reasonable bill through or do you think it is always Obama's way or nothing?

Now that may give you a glimpse of why nothing has came out of the house has passed in the last 4 years, if it makes them look good Obama won't do it, if it isn't what obama wants he won't budge, if he don't get his way he throws a tantrum. He leads like a petulant child, and nothing can get done with that type of leadership.

What this country needs right now is a leader. Not just a leader who will work with congress to get things done collectively - bipartisanly- (exactly not how the ACA was accomplished), but a leader who will bring the American people together on common ground. All of these ideals are just exactly the opposite of what we have in Obama. He does and always has appealed only and pandered to his base. He really doesn't care about the rest. And he has no clue about what diplomacy is or how to go about it. He is so lacking in the basics of human social skills that he has no idea how he comes across just in the simple words he phrases together when speaking. He is a man of very shallow experience. His delivery skills fooled plenty of people and it was early foreshadowed in the early aftermath of his nominating speech back at the Democratic convention.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He will be remembered as the absolute worst president in our history.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not by the ones that voted him in. To them the ass clown will never do anything wrong. He will always be the visionary that tried.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Not by the ones that voted him in. To them the ass clown will never do anything wrong. He will always be the visionary that tried.

They can say that now. But history is going to mark him as the worst president this country has ever had.

Travis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jimmy Carter is now in second place.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is pretty hard to be a bigger schit head than Lincoln, but history remembers him differently because the north won the war.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

They can say that now. But history is going to mark him as the worst president this country has ever had.

Travis

You and I know that, but the leftist elite asswipes that write history books will never admit it. His face will be on postage stamps, food stamps, three dollar bills, and Mt Rushmore in the near future.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 81 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.