Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Good news but I cannot see that I would ever need or use a suppressor.

You must never have served in a combat zone on the sharp end of the stick 'cause tinnitus sucks.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
I will applaud the decision as a step in the right direction for the 2nd Amendment, but would someone explain to me why a suppressor is necessary for hunting?

Again, you obviously never served on the sharp end of the stick, because tinnitus is, to you, a word in the dictionary.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You have hunting in Florida? wink
No, just saying where I'd use them if legal. As a Minnesota resident,I can't even own one, so as long as I live here, it doesn't really matter what other states allow.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Glad to hear of Florida's display of common sense. I don't have much hearing left, and I'd to keep what I have.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

If you might like 40% less recoil and 70% less muzzle blast, you'd like using a suppressor. Your hunting buddies will appreciate it too.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will applaud the decision as a step in the right direction for the 2nd Amendment, but would someone explain to me why a suppressor is necessary for hunting?

In a free country, "necessity" is not a prerequisite to exercise a right.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

It would be a boon to fire hunters and poachers, especially in wooded country.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
geez, that's lame eyeball. Like illegal hunters have NOT been using silencers all along? Find another reason to dislike honest Citizens using these.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/25/14.

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by eyeball

It would be a boon to fire hunters and poachers, especially in wooded country.

Sounds like if we ban guns crime will go away to me
and we should cut mag caps that will straighten things out

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Sorry, Mann,I have never heard of a poacher being caught in Texas with a silencer except for one. I thought there were really severe penalties for doing so, whether a person with one was poaching or not.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There will be a lot more second and third shots at sounders of hogs. Tinnitus will be less common as well. Good on y'all Florida.

There's been no issues in Texas after the law was passed here.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stevelyn

In a free country, "necessity" is not a prerequisite to exercise a right.

+1 for Freedom

Suppressors should be taken of the NFA list and be sold over the counter at your local gun shop, as they are in other countries. We have too many laws based on ignorance by oppressors determining what we "need".

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I am glad Florida passed the law.
I will never own one and besides ear plugs are really inexpensive, and no paperwork---

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by EdM
Protects your ears while hunting. When calling coyotes or other animals you can kill one without disturbing the others.

Not only the hunting aspect, but shooting in general.

Ever restricting suppressors was pure ignorance and stupidity with legislation. Too many legislators were watching the old James Bond movies, and didn't have a clue about the real world.

There were no James Bond movies when suppressors were first restricted. The NRA stumped for NFA 34 so it was and is a good law that we all support with our dues and our voting.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Now Florida needs to nullify ATF regulation of Florida manufactured suppressors purchased within the state, i.e., so we don't need to register them with the ATF and pay their illegal tax.

Every state needs to do this, not just Florida.

Great news Sam.

Never going to happen.
AMEN

Yep, I am with eh76 never going to happen and like TLEE I am praying it never will also.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by EdM

You must never have served in a combat zone on the sharp end of the stick 'cause tinnitus sucks.

Exactly! I listen to that friggin' noise 24 hours a day and will until the day I kick the bucket.

You really don't appreciate silence until it's gone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.