Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have used Blue Fox spinners for years and love them better than most. A few weeks ago I bought a inline spinner called a Joe's Flies. Thet are a spinner with a large fly on the back instead of a dressed treble hook. The fly has a wire tied into it that makes a loop behind the hook and it holds a small treble trailer/stinger hook. Plus the fly is removable, it has a clip like a jig spinner/ beetle spin.

I fished the Clinch River sunday and caught lots of smallmouth and spotted bass also several redeyes (rock bass) but what was crazy was all the sunfish I caught. Most of the time you don't hook sunfish cause the lure is to big for them but when they nip at that trailer hook it nabs'em. A JOE's FLIES kicks azz. Would probably work on them trout you western guy are always chase'n.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We use a lot of Joe Flies trout fishing when we go to West Virginia every spring.They work well.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I use Blue Fox a lot, works very good for multiple species fishing.

Who sells the Joe's Flies?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I use Blue Fox a lot, works very good for multiple species fishing.

Who sells the Joe's Flies?

Local sporting good store has a few. The bass pro in kodak tn has them and walmart has them but only some locations.

My favorite is the 1/8 oz. black wooly worm. only down side is they twist your line a little more than a Blue Fox but you can always use a swivel to combat the line twist. they fish slow better in shallow water better than others too, if you fish shallow water that is.

Last edited by seal_billy; 09/17/14.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to use and lord knows loose lots of spinners. But lately I have found that I do better with little cleo's and kastmasters in 1/4 oz.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Kastmasters and swedish pimples are a favorite of mine for vertical jigging. I've never used a little cleo. My best day of fishing ever was 2 years ago in may. I caught spotted bass about every 3 casts for 45 minutes, all on a 1/4 oz. Kastmaster off of one bridge pillar over 80' of water. Craziest day I have ever had.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I discovered the little cleo about 10 years ago on this lake, I'd had one in my tackle box but had never tried it as spinners always seemed to work.

[Linked Image]

I'd tried every spinner I had in my tackle box and just couldn't get a rainbow to bite. I'd picked up the silver/red little cleo but had never tried it until that day. First cast, wham fish on. Since then little cleos and kastmasters in silver, silver/blue, silver/green, silver/red and brass, brass/green and brass blue have become my favorites for rainbows either fished from shore or from a boat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the best spinner days I ever had was with a yellow body with orange spots Panther Martin. I have had very good luck with Panther Martins as a rule but also gold Kastmasters.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info. I can't recall ever using these. Don't know why they wouldn't be good for trout, most or all of the selection look like trout patterns. Their website show a number of choices in two different sizes. and the prices seem reasonable.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
And they're made in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! No [bleep], by bigger hillbillies than me in West by God Virginia, none of that chinese bull$hit. chuckle

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 3,248 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.