Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
...what kind of discounts can be expected on the 2014 models that haven't sold?

And similarly, if shopping a 1-year old used bow...hunted just this past season...what's a good deal - 1/2 off what retail was or something different?

BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Half-off would be good, but 2/3rds is probably closer to what folks will ask in the first exchange for a one year old bow. Another common approach is to keep the price up with the "accessories" that come with it. You've been doing your homework, you'll know the BS when you see it.

Keep in mind that the bow value will continue to drop over the next two-three years on last years bow to about 1/4 - 1/3 the cost of new, IMHO.

Keep watching the web, prices will drop in the next two weeks, but the bigger drops will be after the first of the year.

Also depends on the parent bow company, some will hold the dealer (G-5) to a set price point through out the year with limited flex on sale pricing, or they pull the dealer's license for their bows.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oddly enough I'm not sure what you will find remaining if the best or mid popular bows

I sure could not find what I was looking for. I did pay about 2/3 or a bit less for an as new " used" elite bow.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're patient enough, you can find some screaming deals over on Archery Talk. That's where I found my bow a few years ago.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's where I bought my last two. Both used but like new for way less then new.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of the 14s will hold value a bit better than others. But if it's previously owned, 2/3 retail is a very good ball park figure. Remember, accessories usually depreciate faster than the bow. So a "loaded" bow doesn't warrant practically new price.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Oddly enough I'm not sure what you will find remaining if the best or mid popular bows

I sure could not find what I was looking for. I did pay about 2/3 or a bit less for an as new " used" elite bow.

Sounds like the most popular bows were hard to find when you were shopping. Were you shopping for 1 specific bow or were you open to a few different options and took the elite because of the deal?

I still have a list of potentials, so I'm not down to exactly what I want yet. But in reviewing ads on AT, as AkMtnHntr says, the deals look good...so good, it made me wonder if the like-new/1 year old market is the place to shop rather new.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just one and in a specific draw,color,and model

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by setch
Originally Posted by JJHACK

Sounds like the most popular bows were hard to find when you were shopping. Were you shopping for 1 specific bow or were you open to a few different options and took the elite because of the deal?

I still have a list of potentials, so I'm not down to exactly what I want yet. But in reviewing ads on AT, as AkMtnHntr says, the deals look good...so good, it made me wonder if the like-new/1 year old market is the place to shop rather new.

It depends...so far (sound of knocking on wood/skull), I haven't been burned on a used bow from the web. Concerns would be a cracked limb, dry-fire, tree stand drop, etc or general abuse that isn't evident through a picture.

Going through Hoffmans, you get a bit of peace of mind that a local shop will take care of any issues you have, but the intial investment is higher.

Last edited by AH64guy; 11/21/14. Reason: Spelling...I R graduated, gradu-te, got a degree...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's why you buy a bow with a full transferable lifetime warranty. Such as an Obsession or Elite.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly, buying the elite was good. The only bow I wanted and full transferable warranty.

setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Good advice guys...

I shot a a bunch bows today out at Hoffmans: synergy, Z2, HTR, creed XS, chill, prodigy. I think I liked the synergy best, loved the break into the valley and hold at the wall, but wasn't wild about the aggressive let-down. I also liked the HTR and prodigy, but I want to shoot a couple xpeditions and the phoenix as well.

...too many choices

Last edited by setch; 11/21/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.