Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Plan for my wife that cost $269 in 2010 went to $391 this year and will be cancelled(Doesn`t meet the Emperor`s standards). The new policy beginning in July will be $679.

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bea175
How many on this forum have lost or had their Health Insurance double because of the Affordable Health Care Act known as Obama Care?

Add me to the list of premiums doubled, shopping but the plans SUCK. NOT happy.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by 40O
I'd be interested in hearing from other people in Arizona. What people are saying in this forum indicates that there is a big difference between what is going on in AZ and other states.

Here, the ACA is nothing more than a web cite where you go to shop different health insurance plans. Like gunbroker for health insurance. Don't like the premiums/deductible/max out of pocket get a different health insurance plan. For the people who DON'T qualify for subsidies there are PPOs, HMOs, etc. (For all I know the people who do qualify for subsidies have the same options that I see).

We have four kids so we opted for a PPO that will run the family about $1,369.02 this year. This policy is with $15 co-pays, 750 per person/1,500 family deductible and a $2,500 max out of pocket. (Plan is called: Health net PPO platinum with 15/30/750 with pediatric dental).

I don't qualify for any assistance, so I suppose people that do may be directed to a different location where they are treated differently.

My brother and friends work for a private company in Tucson. They were concerned that the ACA would either cause considerable increases to their premiums, reduce their coverage or otherwise screw them out of their insurance/money. It hasn't.

Haven't met anyone in Arizona who has seen the catastrophic effects on their insurance I read about on the web. Then again, Arizona's conservative government did come out in favor of taking the funds related to ACA. Maybe Arizona got thrown a political bone. Seems unlikely the way she was shoving her finger in his face, but you never know with politics.

Most years of my life, I haven't had $750 in medical expenses. As I understand it, you are paying $1,369.02 a year for something that will pay you nothing. This is why I call it a catastrophic health insurance plan. Pretty much it won't come into play most years and you will be paying everything out-of-pocket.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Postoak,
That's my monthly hralth care cost. Pretty much covers everything.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Wait, you are paying $16,500/year for health insurance that pays nothing until you've spent $750 for health care?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thank your obama supporters, nwa I believe was one of them, wonder how all those voters feel now. cry grin

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Premium actually is down a little, about $280/month my share for our family, but coverage is way down. No more cheap doctor visits. No more co pays up to max out if pocket of $4k. We are simply $10k deductible, 100% on me until that is met.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The individual policy I had on my children was cancelled and the replacement policy was 250% higher.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 11/20/14.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Premiums used to be 0$. Now $100 a week with a $3000 copay.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Company I work for has moved to a basically self insured plan. I pay 107 every two weeks for the wife and I, company supposedly pays 307. Works out to about 897 a month. It's 2600 deductible with nearly everything paid after that. Plan pays some regular checkup type stuff before deductible is met.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Our Just Went Up Again. We Pay.$1029 Month For Myself, Wife And A 9 Year Old Son.To H-ll With Obama Care...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Work went up 2.3 percetn this year. BUT they won't tell us what changes are. So we have to accept before we find out supposedly? WTF?

Work keeps threatening not to pay our insurance and I keep saying I"ll find another job. Its an empty threat though.

But next year I expect it will go up considerably.

The last 5 years or so we've gone up varying degrees of single digits. And lost benefits.

BUT I talk with some folks that simply are too stupid to ever make anything of themselves and they are getting some type of coverage now for almost nothing.

It will get worse.

I go back to the days where almost no one had employee provided coverage though in my mind.... Things were a lot easier and cheaper before it became the norm. Only thing that would have helped was catastrophic coverage.... you could afford small things and doctors visits and such were affordable enough easily.

I just don't see this getting better and having to cover all the broke folks for free basically will get horrible in the end. They demand everything else anyway.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
How many on this forum have lost or had their Health Insurance double because of the Affordable Health Care Act known as Obama Care?
In a few years all employers will be paying the cadillac insurance tax of 40% which will raise the cost of employee health insurance through the roof. I expect that employers will stop providing health insurance because of this.

Last edited by ConradCA; 11/22/14.

[Linked Image from ]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Partsman
Thank your obama supporters, nwa I believe was one of them, wonder how all those voters feel now. cry grin

Last thing a liberal will do is admit they plucked up. It is not in their DNA.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My insurance is gone in March 2015.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My insurance Co. bumped up the cost of insurance significantly in anticipation of Obama Care. The actual cost of premiums has gone down a % or two for the last couple of years, but new policies have been introduced each year and the deductible has doubled. The way my coverage sits now except for a pretty major operation, I'll be paying for any medical expenses for my family out of my pocket. I don't know what I'll be looking at on Jan 1,2015. My current policy has been canceled and I was told a new policy is coming out in the next few weeks.

Harry
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 15 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.