Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9356736 11/22/14
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My gawd our local Bakan Park store sucks!

We're going on three months trying to get my wife a new phone. Maybe some of you will be able to laugh at our misery.

We have little to no Verison coverage at our home so we are trying to switch over to AT&T. So I go into the local ATT store, and of course I have to wait then get some young twit that stands there snapping a little suction cup against the counter every couple of seconds until I have to tell him that it is annoying. His manager was standing only a few feet away but must of thought the behaviour was acceptable.

We be my wife's iPhone 6 on order and I pay the full $650 up front cost. I get home and am reviewing the order and find they ordered the 16G model and not the 64G model I had requested. Now you would think one would be able to easily change the order but NO. Even though the store manager says I can change the order he is wrong as I clearly learn from AT&T website and again after speaking with a service rep. You wouldn't believe their their solution: wait the four weeks and then refuse delivery BUT the phone is being delivered to the store so of course they accept delivery. So it's back down to the store and explain the situation and they graciously agree to waive the restocking fee for the phone I didn't request.

Thinking it might work if my wife was actually there at the store (a mono thing), we go in and reorder the phone taking care to double check their work before leaving.

I track the USPS shipment and see the phone arrive at the store last Saturday. We wait all this week but no notification from the store. I look again at the USPS tracking and it says, rerouted. Oh carp!

This morning I log into ATT and receive an error message whenever I attempted to pull up our phone order. So I call AT&T and get some mush mouthed, English is my second language, person. Obviously something is wrong so mushy says they'll transfer to someone that will resolve the issue. Bet you know how this goes: yep, on hold for a long time until I hear the click and see my call has been ended.

I'm not one to give up so I call back, get in their wait que, they say 2 minute wait, and after 5 minutes someone answers. This call goes for 25 minutes and they still don't have a resolution but said, "We'll call you back." So now I know my order will be resolved - they're going to call me back.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You need to go up the ladder until you are happy.

Try calling customer service until an American answers your call.... I get an Indian/Pakistani, I just hang up and call again. It doesn't take long to get a real American, (and worth the effort.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I called Verizon and complained about there coverage where i live. solution was they gave me a 50% discount on a device that plugs into my internet and provides great coverage as long as you are with in about 30 feet of the device with your cell phone and with an ear piece i can be another 20 feet from my cell phone.

Verizon next day delivered the device at no extra cost and i was given a 30 trial period to test the device to see if i would be happy with it. works great by the way.

Here is what i would do:
I would call the AT&T business manager you are dealing with and ask them where your new phone is at and give them 2 business days to get it in your hands. Explain that to them and that after the two day and you do not have the phone that you will be calling your credit card company to dispute the charges as you have not received your merchandise as promises.

Last edited by Bwana338; 11/22/14.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get my phones through Sams Club. They handle both AT&T and Verizon.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Verizon offered the PC based fixed but our internet is so slow it wouldn't work. I complained numerous times about coverage, they even noted I had numerous dropped calls but there was never any mention of a discount. They did lie to me several times saying they would be improving service to our area but of course that never happened.

It is my intention to sue them in small claims court for the extra I'm paying for my wife's line and for what ever else I can get. I'm betting my complaint will fall on a sympathetic judge's ear.

I tried our local Sams Club and they didn't have the latest phones available when I was at the store but that's been nearly 3 months ago so... This may be a better plan.

Still no ATT call back.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

ATT sucks donkey balls. The entire corporation. I decided this about 15 years ago and see no reason to change my opinion of them now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
att= sucks I have a tower 7 miles away in the middle of no where on top of a mtn ...and I can only receive calls I can't make any ...and no amount of talkin to them gets ya any where...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
several years ago I needed a cell phone for about three months. ATT had a deal where you bot a cheap phone and got a grate monthly rate by allowing them to do an automated debit withdrawal. In big bold letters you could stop service at any time. Three months were up and I called to stop service. They could not stop it because there software system was down. called back the next week, same story. Up the chain to district CS and got the same story. Three months later I closed my bank account and started another in order to get them to quit the automatic withdraws. Then they sent ma a nasty letter threatening be with legal action if I did not pay them. I had a laugh at that as my contract stated clearly I could stop at any time.

They got me once, they will never see another penny from me.

Ten years with Verizon and they have bent over backwards to keep me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Several months ago, my wife switched from Verizon to ATT. Verizon had apparently done something to piss her off. since then, we have had nothing but problems with the way the phones function and service at the local AT&T store. I wish we could get Verizon back, but we are in a contract.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you think that's bad,try working for those a-holes for almost twenty years and get hurt in a car wreck. Your little rant ain't spit...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

My next door neighbor wired up his house with ATT U-verse.

The ATT truck is parked in his driveway so often, he's renting out one of his spare bedrooms to the crew.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've been with AT&T for over 15 years and just switched to Verizon, I love it, don't know why I waited so long.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
If you think that's bad,try working for those a-holes for almost twenty years and get hurt in a car wreck. Your little rant ain't spit...
lay it on us oh great Story Feller

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had AT&T for years because Verizon told me they had no service in this area. I've never had a serious problem, but I'm glad you folks are happy with Verizon. It helps keep those pension checks coming in every month!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Truth.
They just bailed on us and sold us to Frontier last month. Glad they're gone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't expect any miracles out of Frontier. I've been a Frontier customer since they bought out Citizens years ago and they do okay, but they're stretched pretty thin.

The fact is that there's just not any money to be made in the landline business. A lot of new companies tried, but even by cherry-picking the prime markets, they pretty much all went under.

Thirty years after the feds broke up the Bell System, they still control prices and even force the local companies to allow competitors to install their equipment inside their offices. The only way to make a profit is with internet, cellular, and video, which aren't covered by the original ruling. The competition for those services is pretty fierce.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been with AT&T for years. Only been in an AT&T store once. Customer Service / Sales Reps are the biggest idiots I've seen in the Cell Phone business.

I've bought all my IPhones through BestBuy. Great service, knowledgable sales staff, and better than going direct through AT&T on the Phone's as they will meet or beat anyone's prices.
I just have them pull up my AT&T account, buy the phone at BestBuy, and I'm done. And usually end up with at least a $100.00 or more free BestBuy Gift Card to boot. If there is not a BestBuy locally, then got to a Sam's Club.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I've been with AT&T for years. Only been in an AT&T store once. Customer Service / Sales Reps are the biggest idiots I've seen in the Cell Phone business.

I've bought all my IPhones through BestBuy. Great service, knowledgable sales staff, and better than going direct through AT&T on the Phone's as they will meet or beat anyone's prices.
I just have them pull up my AT&T account, buy the phone at BestBuy, and I'm done. And usually end up with at least a $100.00 or more free BestBuy Gift Card to boot. If there is not a BestBuy locally, then got to a Sam's Club.

This is my experience as well. ATT stores are only good for messing around with the phone before you buy since that's the only place that they're turned on. Other than that, ATT stores suck.

I will say that whenever I've called ATT customer service, they've been great. I've had them take money off my bill that I was up front about being legit charges (son didn't understand the way it worked and charged up hundreds of dollars). I was just trying to set up a payment plan and set up alerts for certain usage. Lady said no problem, alerts are set up and we'll just remove the charges. Very cool.

Just stay away from the stores (and iPhones grin ) and you'll be fine.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was an AT&T Uverse customer for a while and this sale to Frontier gave me a great excuse to bring in Comcast which I am thrilled about.

When they flipped the switch at AT&T, they effectively [bleep] over every Connecticut Uverse customer. I went 4 days with partial service, then 8 days with nothing. No phone, internet, or TV.

Had 2 technicians in my house, about twenty phone calls in a bunch of excuses....an epic cluster [bleep].

Last edited by CLB; 11/23/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I left Honduras in Mar 08 and was headed to AL. Went to TX for a couple weeks on the way and decided it was time to get a cell phone. Roll into the AT&T store, pick one I want, dude assures me they have service and coverage in Enterprise, AL. I get there and the service sucks, no bars at the house, a couple in the local area.

Soooo, after I get a landline turned on at the house, I place a call to their customer service. Long story short, guy tells me I need to move about 25 miles north to ensure good coverage. I was still in the 30 day trial period, cancelled it and never looked back.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 63 invisible), 2,926 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.