Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by twofish
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Whilst hunting this morning I thought that I should make a little video of how to disassemble a Remington 700 bolt in the field. All without a dime, table top or shaman.

Of course I've never had the need to disassemble one in the field, but I'll make a video anyways for the Outdoor Life readers that might feel the need to do so betwixt shots at charging brown bears.

I also appreciate the point about hunting with a shotgun with the chamber hot or cold. [bleep] shotguns should have a 3 position safety too.

If a person can lace their boots they are half way there.

Yep cool

In the book. Pop Tart probably read it in SOF.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Wow. Do you always post $hit 2x in hopes it will take on more meaning?

Any time you would like to profess your vast knowledge of rifles to me, let me know, princess. Just remember that you got laughed outta the building last time laugh

It is a GREAT little read, isn't it?

Any time, Mr "Gunsmith". My last fart exceeded your total rifle I.Q. by at least 5X.....
Wow it must be something living in that pretend little world in your head. Here's a news bulletin retard. You didn't prove a goddam thing last time. I quit the thread because there's simply no point in arguing with someone as completely stupid and clueless as you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you realize just how easy it is for me to make you look silly? You do it all on your own. You just did it again.

You are too stupid to know when you are made to look stupid. Because Lord knows you were you made to look VERY stupid.

That is the problem with stupid people. They are too stupid to realize it. You can't fix stupid, and you obviously qualify, in spades.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shall we go back to the original questions? Feel free to categorically expound on each. If need be, I can help you remember what each were/are.

Or you can just disappear when confronted, per usual.

Ain't this fun? I can grab you by the earlobe and drag you around the classroom all day long laugh

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Don't hold your breath. After all these years Remington is still trying to figure out how to make a safety that doesn't also double as a trigger occasionally.

Only after fumble fingers "gunsmiths" attempt to adjust them and don't take responsibility for their incompetence. Not, all, but the vast, vast majority are improperly adjusted (sear engagement) and it has been proven time and time again that this is the case. Still feel nervous, spring $80 for a Timney and get a better triggers to boot. Two positions safeties.....? If they were remotely as "dangerous" as many of the m70 cheerleaders would want you believe, then the military wouldn't hundreds of thousands of them ins service in conditions, I might add, that are far, far more demanding for reliable weapons, so spare me the anecdotal BS. How many m70's are in the hands of our troops.......rest my case. Oh and I know this is coming in this juvenile thread, so lets address the issue of the self-ejecting bolt handle. Now, last figures I've heard was that Remington has sold more than 5 million M700, probably even more by now. We see the same guys (less than a half dozen) posting the same several pictures of faulty bolt handles. Now if I were to tell anyone here that if they played the lottery tomorrow and they had a 99.99999999 percent chance of winning, would you buy a ticket ?
Spare me your uneducated opinions Finn. After 5.5 years as a professional gunsmith I have a VERY good grasp of how the Remington trigger mechanism works and what it's design shortcomings are. The problem is caused by one part that no other trigger mechanism utilizes and it is not imaginary, nor does it require improper adjustment to rear it's completely unpredictable, ugly head. But hey, you and the rest of the Remington faithful go right on believing whatever you want. I've been through this debate a time or three before and I know trying to convince you is a complete waste of time.

You are a PISTOLSMITH and I have forgotten more of 700 triggers than you will ever fricking know. And all things rifle related in general. Save it, dumba$$. We HAVE been down this road before. And it has been been well documented that it takes me no time to expose you for the true DUMBFUCK that you are.

Rick Menefee has more knowledge in his pinky finger than you have in your whole body.

Run away and hide now, like you ALWAYS DO. OR, OR, we can debate that in which I will unquestionably expose you for the RETARD that you are. But PLEASE, don't PM me again asking to forgive your perpetual ignorance.........
Thanks for the words. Don't get in know pissing match on my behalf.
I had my 3 accidental discharge last Friday in almost 20 years of carry and using a rifle (daily). Had to through that in for dumb [bleep] (Bob). Anyway a safety on a Winchester or 700 sooner or later will get you killed. Its the season most of us are hunting with are loved ones. Be carefull

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You're too stupid to realize you aren't leading me anywhere and have never proved anything other than you're a huge, gaping dumbazz.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I prefer 3 position safeties.

Bob has a point.

I wish Remington would either go with a 3 position or go back to the old bolt locking one.

I shoot nothing BUT the old 700's that had the locking bolts. The first thing I do is fix it. Then I carry it HOT.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're too stupid to realize you aren't leading me anywhere and have never proved anything other than you're a huge, gaping dumbazz.

Yes, but I notice you still dodge every question I ask. Unable to back up a single word you say. That would be because your tiny brain is unable keep up with your big mouth....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[quote=rickmenefee..... Thanks for the words. Don't get in know pissing match on my behalf.
I had my 3 accidental discharge last Friday in almost 20 years of carry and using a rifle (daily). Had to through that in for dumb [bleep] (Bob). Anyway a safety on a Winchester or 700 sooner or later will get you killed. Its the season most of us are hunting with are loved ones. Be carefull [/quote]

Rick you didn't really have three accidental discharges in one day did you..?

In any event don't mention it on my behalf since I don't recall talking about that issue with Rem 700's....never had it happen myself so will leave that to others.

As to your reference to my lack of intellectual capacity, all I can say is that your spelling and word context apparently improves when you try to insert deleted expletives into your sentences,since this website picked it up....kind of like someone who has not progressed beyond the age of 12.

I wish like hell I understood the rest of what you wrote but it's a bit too painful to bother with.

Have another drink,Muffin, and you'll be fine... wink

Oh...BTW......Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/26/14.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the real question is whether or not I can get a two position safety for my model 70's...

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nah, that's not the real question.

12 pages, max. This one's about out of insults.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BobinNH
[quote=rickmenefee..... Thanks for the words. Don't get in know pissing match on my behalf.
I had my 3 accidental discharge last Friday in almost 20 years of carry and using a rifle (daily). Had to through that in for dumb [bleep] (Bob). Anyway a safety on a Winchester or 700 sooner or later will get you killed. Its the season most of us are hunting with are loved ones. Be carefull

Rick you didn't really have three accidental discharges in one day did you..?

In any event don't mention it on my behalf since I don't recall talking about that issue with Rem 700's....never had it happen myself so will leave that to others.

As to your reference to my lack of intellectual capacity, all I can say is that your spelling and word context apparently improves when you try to insert deleted expletives into your sentences,since this website picked it up....kind of like someone who has not progressed beyond the age of 12.

I wish like hell I understood the rest of what you wrote but it's a bit too painful to bother with.

Have another drink,Muffin, and you'll be fine... wink bob I'm what I am you are what you are. Grin...

Oh...BTW......Happy Thanksgiving![/quote]

Bob good to hear from u. I am what I am you are what you are. Acknowledging the problem is half of it. Grin....
P.s. I saw you had "another" friend with a trigger problem. LMAO

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/26/14.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Rick hey it happens! What can I say?

Maine is not as dry as Oklahoma, if you know what I mean.... smile

But what is a guy to do if the damned rifle won't go "bang"?

If you want to talk to Jerry yourself, I can ask him.....just so' you know I'm telling the "truth"..... wink

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No I TRUST you. Laughing

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
wink

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,614
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.