Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Is there anyone else that wishes Remington would make a three position safety on their 700's that locks the bolt when closed and can still unload the rifle with the safety in a safe position?

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nope

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Still no.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
No...but I do like the old 2-position safety lever that locked the bolt closed. Just like a current Tikka T3 does.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You mean like this one, made by PTG?

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nope here also.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NULA makes a two position safety that locks the bolt but still allows it to be operated with the safety on. It looks like a standard Remington two position safety lever except it locks the bolt. But if you push it straight down, you can lift the bolt with the safety on.

I believe that was an aftermarket option for Remington triggers, it's still listed for $36 on their website, but you might give them a call to see if it still fits the latest triggers.

http://www.newultralight.com/HTML/custom-rifles.html

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No here also.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When I hear people crow about the 3 position safety being one of the best features of a M70 I KNOW they've read too much Field & Stream.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. No reason for it.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nope

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hell no

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
YES

Life is life and fun is fun but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.
Bror Blixen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
When I hear people crow about the 3 position safety being one of the best features of a M70 I KNOW they've read too much Field & Stream.

Nailed it.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's easy to see who don't hunt horseback much. Most scabbards tend to open the bolt in rough country. The bolt lock tends to keep pine needles, snow, and chit outta the rifle. They gots their place....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I fugging hate horses.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd happily hunt a horse and I don't need no flipping 3 position safety to do it....

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yeah, but when you say "hunt a horse," most people don't understand what you mean. smile

I like the three position, BTW.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott. I've learned to respect your opinion Could you share the rationale for your preference of the 2 position safety?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lotta these safety issues can be solved by not running around hot chambered alla the time. YMMV

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yep...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
My first rifle was a M70 and I love a 3 position safety for no other reason than that is what I shot for years. I've got a lot of rifles and I can make them work just fine without a three position safety, but I do prefer them. Only time I read Field and Stream is at the Doctors or Barbers.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
TWO positions--on or off. No messing around, no wondering, no accidents in the middle, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check out Rich Riely of High Tech Customs for a three position safety.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
TWO positions--on or off.

That's what SHE said.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by lonehawk
Is there anyone else that wishes Remington would make a three position safety on their 700's that locks the bolt when closed and can still unload the rifle with the safety in a safe position?

Buy a winchester....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
thats why i buy rugers.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
No...but I do like the old 2-position safety lever that locked the bolt closed.

Me too.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good points about 3 position safeties:

Bolt is locked when safety is fully engaged. This means bolt cannot be inadvertently moved slightly "up"which will case a misfire since action is not now fully cocked.Yes there is some hunting where hunting "hot" is required.If you never have had to hunt "hot" and hunt long enough, eventually, you will.

With a Rem 700 safety not an issue if you constantly roll your thumb over the bolt handle to make sure it is fully "down" and not moved out of position by brush, or rubbing on your coat or the conduct of gremlins,which of course never happens to anyone on here. smile

Provides a middle position to field strip bolt without special tools, dimes table tops etc,. This is handy when rifle gets cold and wet or frozen or immediate access to inside of bolt will be required for cleaning in the field.

The Rem 700 lets you do this afield.....no?

Also, prudent hand loaders always run loaded ammo through rifle prior to hunts.Firing pin can be removed easily and done safely. Also helpful to hand loaders when the bolt is used as a "feeler gauge"for sized cases with the firing pin removed.

Shroud mounted safety less likely to be inadvertently hit when cycling rifle from shoulder in rapid fire, than a side tang mounted safety.Also less likely to freeze in place from snow and ice during tough conditions. (This may not be an issue from blinds or where weather does not go from freezing rain and snow to below freezing in the span of an hour or two).

If you can't get a 3 position M70 safety from safe to "fire" in the span of a second or two, more familiarity and practice with the rifle is required.If a 3 position were such an impediment to moving a fully engaged safety to "fire", then guys like Harry Manners would not have ended a career as a PH untouched by dangerous game. The notion that we can't do the same in the presence of a little old deer or elk is hard to swallow.

I didn't learn any of this reading F&S . Actually I can't recall that it was ever explained in that or any other magazine. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some folks just can't figure out how to safely carry and hunt with a hot rifle. For those, there's the M700.

Other folks know how and when to carry hot. For those, there are the M70's, M77's, Montana's, Mausers, et. al.

Don't try to turn a turd into a real hunting rifle.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't care if it has 2 positions or 3. I do want the bolt handle locked down

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've carried Remingtons hot for 35 years. 700's and 721's. Damn sure don't need a 3 position. Muskeg, you make no sense. mtmuley

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Bolt is locked when safety is fully engaged. This means bolt cannot be inadvertently moved slightly "up"which will case a misfire since action is not now fully cocked.Yes there is some hunting where hunting "hot" is required.If you never have had to hunt "hot" and hunt long enough, eventually, you will.

With a Rem 700 safety not an issue if you constantly roll your thumb over the bolt handle to make sure it is fully "down" and not moved out of position by brush, or rubbing on your coat or the conduct of gremlins,which of course never happens to anyone on here. smile

Provides a middle position to field strip bolt without special tools, dimes table tops etc,. This is handy when rifle gets cold and wet or frozen or immediate access to inside of bolt will be required for cleaning in the field.

Also, prudent hand loaders always run loaded ammo through rifle prior to hunts.Firing pin can be removed easily and done safely. Also helpful to hand loaders when the bolt is used as a "feeler gauge"for sized cases with the firing pin removed.

Shroud mounted safety less likely to be inadvertently hit when cycling rifle from shoulder in rapid fire, than a side tang mounted safety.Also less likely to freeze in place from snow and ice during tough conditions. (This may not be an issue from blinds or where weather does not go from freezing rain and snow to below freezing in the span of an hour or two).

If you can't get a 3 position M70 safety from safe to "fire" in the span of a second or two, more familiarity and practice with the rifle is required.If a 3 position were such an impediment to moving a fully engaged safety to "fire", then guys like Harry Manners would not have ended a career as a PH untouched by dangerous game. The notion that we can't do the same in the presence of a little old deer or elk is hard to swallow.

I didn't learn any of this reading F&S . Actually I can't recall that it was ever explained in that or any other magazine. smile

Sweet Jesus, if you can't disassemble a Remington 700 in the field you shouldn't be trusted with a rifle to begin with.

I've no doubt much stumps you Bob.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knew we would get to the carrying hot BS..

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I was thinking about this the other day, so I might as well throw a log on the fire.

We were told as kids the safety is a mechanical device, and to never trust it. Hence don't carry hot.

Virtually in the same sentence we were told to ALWAYS treat a firearms as if it were loaded.

Bearing those things in mind, doesn't it boil down to muzzle discipline? Do you trust yourself with a gun ( hot or cold) or don't you?

There...that oughta spool a few people up..... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Do all you cold chamber advocates carry your shotguns with empty chambers when hunting pheasant/grouse/quail too ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The one thing I like about a 3-position safety is when I'm sizing brass for a slight crush fit on the shoulder or necking it down to leave a false shoulder. Putting the safety in the middle position and chambering the case makes it easier to feel the amount of resistance I'm getting because the lugs aren't camming hard when I close the bolt.

No big deal either way though.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If you are always supposed to carry cold, then there's no reason for a safety at all and no gunmaker would waste time and money putting one on there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Do all you cold chamber advocates carry your shotguns with empty chambers when hunting pheasant/grouse/quail too ?

Not a one.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Some folks just can't figure out how to safely carry and hunt with a hot rifle. For those, there's the M700.

Other folks know how and when to carry hot. For those, there are the M70's, M77's, Montana's, Mausers, et. al.

lol..

Also, I hunted horseback for the first half of my life..Dont recall a single problem with 700's..Seen lots of guys have problems tho. Wonder why?

rhetorical..

To answer the OP,no..I wouldnt give a dam if my rifles didnt even have a safety.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Sweet Jesus, if you can't disassemble a Remington 700 in the field you shouldn't be trusted with a rifle to begin with.

I've no doubt much stumps you Bob.

I'm stumped by lots of things.....one thing is how anyone takes you seriously on anything.

FO. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I prefer 3 position safeties.

Bob has a point.

I wish Remington would either go with a 3 position or go back to the old bolt locking one.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Don't hold your breath. After all these years Remington is still trying to figure out how to make a safety that doesn't also double as a trigger occasionally.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by RDFinn

Not a one.

Because handling a shotgun safely is SOOOOOOO much different than a rifle. crazy

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Muzzleloader season must be a b*tch for the cold chamber guys.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A rifle safety will get you killed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't hold your breath. After all these years Remington is still trying to figure out how to make a safety that doesn't also double as a trigger occasionally.

Only after fumble fingers "gunsmiths" attempt to adjust them and don't take responsibility for their incompetence. Not, all, but the vast, vast majority are improperly adjusted (sear engagement) and it has been proven time and time again that this is the case. Still feel nervous, spring $80 for a Timney and get a better triggers to boot. Two positions safeties.....? If they were remotely as "dangerous" as many of the m70 cheerleaders would want you believe, then the military wouldn't hundreds of thousands of them ins service in conditions, I might add, that are far, far more demanding for reliable weapons, so spare me the anecdotal BS. How many m70's are in the hands of our troops.......rest my case. Oh and I know this is coming in this juvenile thread, so lets address the issue of the self-ejecting bolt handle. Now, last figures I've heard was that Remington has sold more than 5 million M700, probably even more by now. We see the same guys (less than a half dozen) posting the same several pictures of faulty bolt handles. Now if I were to tell anyone here that if they played the lottery tomorrow and they had a 99.99999999 percent chance of winning, would you buy a ticket ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Which Bob we talking?
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Bob has a point.

I wish Remington would either go with a 3 position or go back to the old bolt locking one.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/24/14.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just saw this. Best post ever written. Both with brand and needing a safety.
Originally Posted by rosco1

lol..

Also, I hunted horseback for the first half of my life..Dont recall a single problem with 700's..Seen lots of guys have problems tho. Wonder why?

rhetorical..

To answer the OP,no..I wouldnt give a dam if my rifles didnt even have a safety.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not a one.

Because handling a shotgun safely is SOOOOOOO much different than a rifle. crazy

A "hot chambered one" ?. Do share.....Yes they do have different safety systems, but we're still talking about a chamber hot gun regardless, and all these conversations revolve around how stupid it is to carry a hot chambered guns afield. Sure, you could carry the breech open and rounds in the chambers (on SXS and O/U's but if we are honest, I think we already know that's most likely not the case.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Which Bob we talking?

Bob has a point.

BobinNH

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Roy chamber one and then open you bolt. When you get ready to send-it close your bolt. Its takes 198 trick moves to blow your head off while the bolt is open.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how do the cold guys hunt heavy timber. i know they can chamber before i can think, but often i cant get a shot let alone load the rifle. just my 2 cents but from my personal experience hunting without the chamber loaded is like gutting a deer without a knife. YMMV

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe this barreled action by one of the masters with make all those nervous Remington guys a little more at ease.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/7487749

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Roy chamber one and then open you bolt. When you get ready to send-it close your bolt. Its takes 198 trick moves to blow your head off while the bolt is open.

If you spend all your hunting/shooting time in a blind with a belly gun, shooting tame farm animals in a bean field,everything works.

" Your advice ain't worth a squirt of dog piss....."

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/24/14.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Amen, very well said... A lot of truth to that..

Originally Posted by JMR40
I don't care if it has 2 positions or 3. I do want the bolt handle locked down

Yep..

I wouldn't carry "hot" with a rem 700 either. Now I'm starting to understand these rem 700 cheerleaders point of view on this..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Want to compare say the last 5 years whites and mule's with a public wager? Grin...

Feel free to Plagiarize me anytime make sure to use my words. Unlike yourself I tend to tell the truth

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Want to compare say the last 5 years whites and mule's with a public wager? Grin...

Feel free to Plagiarize me anytime make sure to use my words. Unlike yourself I tend to tell the truth

Tell me where I lied?

If you are going to accuse me of lying, then be specific.Tell me where I did not tell the "truth".....Pretty heavy accusation. Let's hear it.

Why 5 years? Didn't you do anything before that? Or is that about the time you started hunting the west? You don't look too young to me.

I don't have to apologize to you, or anybody on here for the hunts I've made,the places I've been, and the game I've killed. I don't make public bets for the sake of showing off but someone on here might have some photos of a few animals( the one's I've killed in my "slow years").I'm 64 now....you?

Plagiarize ? You? How can you plagiarize someone who never says anything worthwhile? I am just giving back what you dished out.

Let's hear it....tell me where I did not tell the "truth".

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/25/14.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Know Bob smile I'm the one that hunts in a pen and bean field. You started this not me. Know Bob- I'm sure your a fine outstanding person that's very close with The Lord and all. That being said words do hurt and you will not internet bully me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Never said you hunt in a pen Rick...but doubt you have done much hunting that's "tough" either. Being you're from Oklahoma, I can imagine you have been west a few times.

To refresh your memory,you started this little pissing match by telling everyone that my "words ain't worth a squirt of dog piss" a few months back.....nice way to treat a gawdamned customer. smirk

I guess you didn't like the fact that I'm not in love with a 25/06.

Then you tell me, obliquely,that I don't tell the truth, which is another way of saying I'm a liar. I want you to tell me how, and where on here, I lied? I could not have survived and thrived, as an attorney for 30+ years, if my reputation was that I lie. So I take those accusations pretty seriously.

Once again, please tell me where I lied?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, it looks like the shack nasties are startin' early this year....... grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
B
Never said you hunt in a pen Rick...but doubt you have done much hunting that's "tough" either. Being you're from Oklahoma, I can imagine you have been west a few times.

To refresh your memory,you started this little pissing match by telling everyone that my "words ain't worth a squirt of dog piss" a few months back.....nice way to treat a gawdamned customer. smirk

I guess you didn't like the fact that I'm not in love with a 25/06.

Then you tell me, obliquely,that I don't tell the truth, which is another way of saying I'm a liar. I want you to tell me how, and where on here, I lied? I could not have survived and thrived, as an attorney for 30+ years, if my reputation was that I lie. So I take those accusations pretty seriously.

Once again, please tell me where I lied?

Bob it's breed in you. I'm sorry. You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the ass. I'm understanding know being a attorney and all your whole life is a lie.this hunting busneiss ain't new to me . So make it easy on yourself Hint....:) 25-06??

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/25/14.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Whilst hunting this morning I thought that I should make a little video of how to disassemble a Remington 700 bolt in the field. All without a dime, table top or shaman.

Of course I've never had the need to disassemble one in the field, but I'll make a video anyways for the Outdoor Life readers that might feel the need to do so betwixt shots at charging brown bears.

I also appreciate the point about hunting with a shotgun with the chamber hot or cold. [bleep] shotguns should have a 3 position safety too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
O bob you are a dandy. Your getting a little smarter Bering a attorney and all. Editing your words in the night:). You best bit may be to shut your mouth

Ps words hurt! please try to be a happier person.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Whilst hunting this morning I thought that I should make a little video of how to disassemble a Remington 700 bolt in the field. All without a dime, table top or shaman.

Of course I've never had the need to disassemble one in the field, but I'll make a video anyways for the Outdoor Life readers that might feel the need to do so betwixt shots at charging brown bears.

I also appreciate the point about hunting with a shotgun with the chamber hot or cold. [bleep] shotguns should have a 3 position safety too.

If a person can lace their boots they are half way there.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
multiple positions ain't got nothin' to do with rifles...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Only after fumble fingers "gunsmiths" attempt to adjust them and don't take responsibility for their incompetence. Not, all, but the vast, vast majority are improperly adjusted (sear engagement) and it has been proven time and time again that this is the case. Still feel nervous, spring $80 for a Timney and get a better triggers to boot. Two positions safeties.....? If they were remotely as "dangerous" as many of the m70 cheerleaders would want you believe, then the military wouldn't hundreds of thousands of them ins service in conditions, I might add, that are far, far more demanding for reliable weapons, so spare me the anecdotal BS. How many m70's are in the hands of our troops.......rest my case. Oh and I know this is coming in this juvenile thread, so lets address the issue of the self-ejecting bolt handle. Now, last figures I've heard was that Remington has sold more than 5 million M700, probably even more by now. We see the same guys (less than a half dozen) posting the same several pictures of faulty bolt handles. Now if I were to tell anyone here that if they played the lottery tomorrow and they had a 99.99999999 percent chance of winning, would you buy a ticket ?
Spare me your uneducated opinions Finn. After 5.5 years as a professional gunsmith I have a VERY good grasp of how the Remington trigger mechanism works and what it's design shortcomings are. The problem is caused by one part that no other trigger mechanism utilizes and it is not imaginary, nor does it require improper adjustment to rear it's completely unpredictable, ugly head. But hey, you and the rest of the Remington faithful go right on believing whatever you want. I've been through this debate a time or three before and I know trying to convince you is a complete waste of time.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Geezus, learn how to spell or at least use spellcheck Menefee. You sound like a retard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SLM

Yep cool

*Master of random precision*
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Geezus, learn how to spell or at least use spellcheck Menefee. You sound like a retard.
not retarded just a disability. Sorry

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Positive proof anybody can get a masters 😄

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/25/14.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
funny how the 3 position vs 2 position discussion is rarely really about gun safety... generally just an excuse to argue about remingtons vs winchesters...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
not retarded just a disability. Sorry
Sorry to hear that Menefee. I've got a few of those myself these days and it's a PIA.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No need to be sorry. I'm just glad I'm goodlooking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Spare me your uneducated opinions Finn. After 5.5 years as a professional gunsmith I have a VERY good grasp of how the Remington trigger mechanism works and what it's design shortcomings are. The problem is caused by one part that no other trigger mechanism utilizes and it is not imaginary, nor does it require improper adjustment to rear it's completely unpredictable, ugly head. But hey, you and the rest of the Remington faithful go right on believing whatever you want. I've been through this debate a time or three before and I know trying to convince you is a complete waste of time.

You are a PISTOLSMITH and I have forgotten more of 700 triggers than you will ever fricking know. And all things rifle related in general. Save it, dumba$$. We HAVE been down this road before. And it has been been well documented that it takes me no time to expose you for the true DUMBFUCK that you are.

Rick Menefee has more knowledge in his pinky finger than you have in your whole body.

Run away and hide now, like you ALWAYS DO. OR, OR, we can debate that in which I will unquestionably expose you for the RETARD that you are. But PLEASE, don't PM me again asking to forgive your perpetual ignorance.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blackheart's claim to fame. Read it all with a glass of whiskey. It is HIGHLY entertaining, Right up until the point where he disappears for a whole month. LMAO.............. laugh laugh laugh

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9088899/7

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, full time pistolsmith for the past year and a half. Four years general gunsmithing before that. You don't know your azzhole from your elbow. You've just got a big fuggin' mouth and a severe "little man" complex, most likely due to an extemely tiny penis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. Do you always post $hit 2x in hopes it will take on more meaning?

Any time you would like to profess your vast knowledge of rifles to me, let me know, princess. Just remember that you got laughed outta the building last time laugh

It is a GREAT little read, isn't it?

Any time, Mr "Gunsmith". My last fart exceeded your total rifle I.Q. by at least 5X.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by twofish
Originally Posted by SLM

Yep cool

In the book. Pop Tart probably read it in SOF.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Wow. Do you always post $hit 2x in hopes it will take on more meaning?

Any time you would like to profess your vast knowledge of rifles to me, let me know, princess. Just remember that you got laughed outta the building last time laugh

It is a GREAT little read, isn't it?

Any time, Mr "Gunsmith". My last fart exceeded your total rifle I.Q. by at least 5X.....
Wow it must be something living in that pretend little world in your head. Here's a news bulletin retard. You didn't prove a goddam thing last time. I quit the thread because there's simply no point in arguing with someone as completely stupid and clueless as you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you realize just how easy it is for me to make you look silly? You do it all on your own. You just did it again.

You are too stupid to know when you are made to look stupid. Because Lord knows you were you made to look VERY stupid.

That is the problem with stupid people. They are too stupid to realize it. You can't fix stupid, and you obviously qualify, in spades.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shall we go back to the original questions? Feel free to categorically expound on each. If need be, I can help you remember what each were/are.

Or you can just disappear when confronted, per usual.

Ain't this fun? I can grab you by the earlobe and drag you around the classroom all day long laugh

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

You are a PISTOLSMITH and I have forgotten more of 700 triggers than you will ever fricking know. And all things rifle related in general. Save it, dumba$$. We HAVE been down this road before. And it has been been well documented that it takes me no time to expose you for the true DUMBFUCK that you are.

Rick Menefee has more knowledge in his pinky finger than you have in your whole body.

Run away and hide now, like you ALWAYS DO. OR, OR, we can debate that in which I will unquestionably expose you for the RETARD that you are. But PLEASE, don't PM me again asking to forgive your perpetual ignorance.........
Thanks for the words. Don't get in know pissing match on my behalf.
I had my 3 accidental discharge last Friday in almost 20 years of carry and using a rifle (daily). Had to through that in for dumb [bleep] (Bob). Anyway a safety on a Winchester or 700 sooner or later will get you killed. Its the season most of us are hunting with are loved ones. Be carefull

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You're too stupid to realize you aren't leading me anywhere and have never proved anything other than you're a huge, gaping dumbazz.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Bob has a point.

I shoot nothing BUT the old 700's that had the locking bolts. The first thing I do is fix it. Then I carry it HOT.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're too stupid to realize you aren't leading me anywhere and have never proved anything other than you're a huge, gaping dumbazz.

Yes, but I notice you still dodge every question I ask. Unable to back up a single word you say. That would be because your tiny brain is unable keep up with your big mouth....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[quote=rickmenefee..... Thanks for the words. Don't get in know pissing match on my behalf.
I had my 3 accidental discharge last Friday in almost 20 years of carry and using a rifle (daily). Had to through that in for dumb [bleep] (Bob). Anyway a safety on a Winchester or 700 sooner or later will get you killed. Its the season most of us are hunting with are loved ones. Be carefull [/quote]

Rick you didn't really have three accidental discharges in one day did you..?

In any event don't mention it on my behalf since I don't recall talking about that issue with Rem 700's....never had it happen myself so will leave that to others.

As to your reference to my lack of intellectual capacity, all I can say is that your spelling and word context apparently improves when you try to insert deleted expletives into your sentences,since this website picked it up....kind of like someone who has not progressed beyond the age of 12.

I wish like hell I understood the rest of what you wrote but it's a bit too painful to bother with.

Have another drink,Muffin, and you'll be fine... wink

Oh...BTW......Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/26/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the real question is whether or not I can get a two position safety for my model 70's...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nah, that's not the real question.

12 pages, max. This one's about out of insults.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[quote=rickmenefee..... Thanks for the words. Don't get in know pissing match on my behalf.
I had my 3 accidental discharge last Friday in almost 20 years of carry and using a rifle (daily). Had to through that in for dumb [bleep] (Bob). Anyway a safety on a Winchester or 700 sooner or later will get you killed. Its the season most of us are hunting with are loved ones. Be carefull

Rick you didn't really have three accidental discharges in one day did you..?

In any event don't mention it on my behalf since I don't recall talking about that issue with Rem 700's....never had it happen myself so will leave that to others.

As to your reference to my lack of intellectual capacity, all I can say is that your spelling and word context apparently improves when you try to insert deleted expletives into your sentences,since this website picked it up....kind of like someone who has not progressed beyond the age of 12.

I wish like hell I understood the rest of what you wrote but it's a bit too painful to bother with.

Have another drink,Muffin, and you'll be fine... wink bob I'm what I am you are what you are. Grin...

Oh...BTW......Happy Thanksgiving![/quote]

Bob good to hear from u. I am what I am you are what you are. Acknowledging the problem is half of it. Grin....
P.s. I saw you had "another" friend with a trigger problem. LMAO

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/26/14.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Rick hey it happens! What can I say?

Maine is not as dry as Oklahoma, if you know what I mean.... smile

But what is a guy to do if the damned rifle won't go "bang"?

If you want to talk to Jerry yourself, I can ask him.....just so' you know I'm telling the "truth"..... wink

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No I TRUST you. Laughing

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
wink

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.