24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Call me batshit crazy but Parnell was a good governor, so was Frank Murkowski. They both tried to kick the greenies in the nuts with their pro-development stance and they made Alaska 'open for business.' I can't think of any other governor EVER, besides Parnell that actually tried to address the decline of oil in this state.

Walker's candidacy doesn't matter. The republicans will have veto-proof majorities in the Senate and House--and he's NOT on their side. Walker's against Sb-21. Not sure what he'll do, but it doesn't seem like he can do much. This state would be better off with Parnell/Sullivan than Walker/Mallott. The liberals won with the election of Walker. Like mtn hunter said, he'll put libs in cabinet positions to show his 'unity.'

Parnell will bide his time and run for Don Young's seat or Rino Lisa's.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agree 100% Wook.

And don't forget Mayor Dan Sullivan, I think he will either go after Lisa's seat or make a run for governor in 4 years.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wook
Call me batshit crazy but Parnell was a good governor, so was Frank Murkowski. They both tried to kick the greenies in the nuts with their pro-development stance and they made Alaska 'open for business.' I can't think of any other governor EVER, besides Parnell that actually tried to address the decline of oil in this state.

Walker's candidacy doesn't matter. The republicans will have veto-proof majorities in the Senate and House--and he's NOT on their side. Walker's against Sb-21. Not sure what he'll do, but it doesn't seem like he can do much. This state would be better off with Parnell/Sullivan than Walker/Mallott. The liberals won with the election of Walker. Like mtn hunter said, he'll put libs in cabinet positions to show his 'unity.'

Parnell will bide his time and run for Don Young's seat or Rino Lisa's.

Okay, you are batshit crazy! I cannot agree with you on Frank Murkowski... The shady schit he pulled with Cook Inlet natural gas producers to intentionally create brown-outs should be considered a criminal act.

He was not bright enough to really do much though... Nepotistically giving his seat to his POS daughter did us a huge disservice, too.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm from the camp of give credit where credit is due.

Didn't vote for Murkowski, Frank of Lisa, some things he did as governor were okay with me, trying to ensure that we had a steady flow of oil through TAPS was prolly top of my list for the good he did.

some things really irritated me, his arrogance, his sense of entitlement up to and including appointing his daughter

was glad we booted him out.

Proud day for Alaskans imo. we got Sarah, well now she's gone on to other things and I don't see that as being bad for Alaskans either.

Parnell again worked to try and create an environment where oil companies will explore again, a good thing imo.

I'd have been fine with him as governor again. But I hope Walker does well for our state.

Begich, glad he's gone, but if you're gonna have a dem senator, you could do much worse than him, imo.

I'm for voting all the bums out.

keep a revolving door in DC till we get leadership we deserve.

and so far most of what I see in DC is just hogs that get elected leading themselves to the trough of the public treasury.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Point taken, Deer. You're right! Lisa wasn't a conservative. John Binkley got robbed of that Senate seat!! The brown-outs sucked too. I still thought he was a good gov. He got things done (gas line contract), although his means of accomplishment were right up there with Obbys.

Mtn hunter's right too. Kinda forgot about the 'other' Dan Sullivan. Thought he was a great mayor too. I'd love to see him take Walker's seat, or ideally, Lisa's! Two Dan Sullivan's for Senate!

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
One of the things that hurt Parnell is the Senate Bill 21 Tax give away. The idea that we should give the oil companies a tax break is not the problem. What hurt Parnell is that he gave them the tax break with no strings, bench marks or deadlines attached. It was a promise to produce more if you feel like it, when you feel like it that sticks in many folks craw.

The tax break may work to increase production and only time will tell. Take a look at where your public school is right now thanks to Senate Bill 21. Millions in the RED and having to slash budgets and throw in the drop in oil on the world market and it is a perfect storm for school districts state wide. Oil has dropped 28% on the world market which is about 28% less in taxes to boot. The combo of Parnell and a soft market will spank the public sector for the next 2-3 years. Regardless how you feel about taxes you need to start thinking about what you want to do without! Schools, fire protection, troopers, snow plows, potholes, airports or ????

Lets see what Walker can do and I hope he can push the Gas pipeline through, Parnell had no interest in seeing it built!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Lets see what Walker can do and I hope he can push the Gas pipeline through, Parnell had no interest in seeing it built!

You silly sob; it was all but done, and now walker will take credit for it. Lying ass libs

link

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you think, with the present state of affairs in the 'oil' world, that the oil companies don't want to be better prepared for the price of oil to climb again?�. (and it will). It's not like you can just throw a switch and have more oil when it does. Incentives are not a bad way to keep them interested - especially with the easy stuff going on down 'dakota-way. Alaska takes a plenteous share of the the pie when it comes to royalties. That's nice but it isn't very competitive. Alaskans know that it isn't always going to be easy street economy-wise, that's our history. The 'old coots' we've employed in DC have understood these issues well; not sure about some of the wet-behind-the-ears gang we've been employing lately though.

As for a gas line, if we can't market it, having cheaper energy for 'our own' may at least offset the expense of having the screws put to our pocketbooks in other ways.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the things that hurt Parnell is the Senate Bill 21 Tax give away. The idea that we should give the oil companies a tax break is not the problem. What hurt Parnell is that he gave them the tax break with no strings, bench marks or deadlines attached. It was a promise to produce more if you feel like it, when you feel like it that sticks in many folks craw.

The tax break may work to increase production and only time will tell. Take a look at where your public school is right now thanks to Senate Bill 21. Millions in the RED and having to slash budgets and throw in the drop in oil on the world market and it is a perfect storm for school districts state wide. Oil has dropped 28% on the world market which is about 28% less in taxes to boot. The combo of Parnell and a soft market will spank the public sector for the next 2-3 years. Regardless how you feel about taxes you need to start thinking about what you want to do without! Schools, fire protection, troopers, snow plows, potholes, airports or ????

Walt
You should try checking your facts before spouting garbage and lib scare tactics... Do you really think the state is going to stop any of the mentioned items? Really?

Now, where do you get the idea a drop in oil production equals an equal drop in income to the State? Do you even have the faintest clue what a mess the tax tables are for the oil companies to deal with? Ever consider which dirt bags made it complicated?

I would gladly give up public schools if it kept idiots like you away from kids.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Your right as usual guys....Don't let facts get in the way of a good lie.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-billion-after-oil-tax-cuts-take-effect/

Tuesday, November 18 2014
GovBeat
Alaska revenue to fall $2 billion after oil tax cuts take effect

A new tax structure passed this year means Alaska will forgo about a third of the revenue it takes in from oil and gas production, according to new state estimates, dealing a serious blow to a state that relies heavily on the fossil fuel industry.

The Alaska Department of Revenue said in estimates [pdf] released Wednesday that the state took in $6.3 billion in petroleum revenue in fiscal 2013. Next year, the state will take in $4.3 billion from petroleum production, an amount that falls to $3.9 billion in fiscal 2015.

I will address the issue of declining world oil $ in a bit.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So a 28% production decline means a 32% decline in revenues. Next year's drop will be greater and yet the State is only going to lose 9%... Pretty confusing numbers if there is a straight 1:1 ratio of production to taxes...

And guess how many taxable fields there are... And schedules for each.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I will use the GOP talking point of "I am not a scientist" but with a twist....I am not an economist but......

Here is your sign boys!

World oil price decline creates multibillion-dollar budget risk for Alaska

http://www.adn.com/article/20141016...s-multibillion-dollar-budget-risk-alaska

And because most of you will not take the time to read something that is not filtered through FOX I will do my cut and paste job for you...

�when all hell broke loose.�

In June, the threat of a disruption on the world market by continued unrest in the Middle East sent prices climbing to $113, but in four months the world view has changed again. Oil is $30 cheaper, and the gaping hole in the Alaska budget is potentially hundreds of millions deeper

oil between $80 and $90, the state will be piling up annual deficits of $2 billion or more, with easily accessible savings that could last five or six years. That is not counting the $50 billion Alaska Permanent Fund.

The effective tax rate on the gross value at $80 is about 8.6 percent, while it is about 16.7 percent when the price per barrel on the West Coast is $100, the department says.

This sums it up neatly....

The last revenue forecast from the state in the spring predicted that oil prices would average $105 this fiscal year, which would mean a deficit of $1.3 billion, according to the Division of Legislative Finance.

The deficit would be $1.7 billion if oil prices average $100 a barrel this year, $2.1 billion if it drops to $95 a barrel and hundreds of millions higher if oil goes lower.
And now we are at $88 a barrel.

In 5 years we may find that SB 21 has had an impact upon production and world oil prices have bounced back to $110 a barrel but in the short term (the next 5+ years) the state is screwed!

You can pretend all you want but the truth is the state will have to make some very hard choices on taping into the Permeant Fund, making some nasty cuts in services or the most likely scenario, both. Get ready for a really rough future and 50% sits squarely upon Parnell's shoulders but the word is he will be a well paid oil lobbyist by January 1st and why not! Our system really rewards the $hit Bags!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of $hit bags...

Steelhead

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
As usual your response has nothing to do with the issue. This shows your lack knowledge of lack of concern. I am betting on lack of knowledge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As usual your response has nothing to do with the issue. This shows your lack knowledge of lack of concern. I am betting on lack of knowledge.

DFTFWB.

Steelhead

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
It pains me to communicate with such a dummy!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It pains me to communicate with such a dummy!

It pains me to think that the state of Alaska allows you to ruin the minds of young Alaskans by letting you be a "teacher". sick

Steelhead

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I will use the GOP talking point of "I am not a scientist" but with a twist....I am not an economist but......

Here is your sign boys!

World oil price decline creates multibillion-dollar budget risk for Alaska

http://www.adn.com/article/20141016...s-multibillion-dollar-budget-risk-alaska

And because most of you will not take the time to read something that is not filtered through FOX I will do my cut and paste job for you...

�when all hell broke loose.�

In June, the threat of a disruption on the world market by continued unrest in the Middle East sent prices climbing to $113, but in four months the world view has changed again. Oil is $30 cheaper, and the gaping hole in the Alaska budget is potentially hundreds of millions deeper

oil between $80 and $90, the state will be piling up annual deficits of $2 billion or more, with easily accessible savings that could last five or six years. That is not counting the $50 billion Alaska Permanent Fund.

The effective tax rate on the gross value at $80 is about 8.6 percent, while it is about 16.7 percent when the price per barrel on the West Coast is $100, the department says.

This sums it up neatly....

The last revenue forecast from the state in the spring predicted that oil prices would average $105 this fiscal year, which would mean a deficit of $1.3 billion, according to the Division of Legislative Finance.

The deficit would be $1.7 billion if oil prices average $100 a barrel this year, $2.1 billion if it drops to $95 a barrel and hundreds of millions higher if oil goes lower.
And now we are at $88 a barrel.

In 5 years we may find that SB 21 has had an impact upon production and world oil prices have bounced back to $110 a barrel but in the short term (the next 5+ years) the state is screwed!

You can pretend all you want but the truth is the state will have to make some very hard choices on taping into the Permeant Fund, making some nasty cuts in services or the most likely scenario, both. Get ready for a really rough future and 50% sits squarely upon Parnell's shoulders but the word is he will be a well paid oil lobbyist by January 1st and why not! Our system really rewards the $hit Bags!

I'm curious if you understand SB21 and ACES?

ACES had a base rate of 25% while SB21 has a base rate of 35%. When prices are low, SB21 brings in more money.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol you could have stopped with

"I'm curious if you understand?"

you'd have about covered the subject in reply to Walt

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.