Campfire Tracker
B
Colorado State 10-1!

GB1

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Marshall has a perfect season in the works. 12-0. And they could be just as good as any other on any given game day.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
Marshall has a perfect season in the works. 12-0. And they could be just as good as any other on any given game day.

But instead of being of the herrenvolk, they are merely untermenschen.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never bet against my Tigers David. Well unless they're playing Georgia, Auburn and uh any other really good team.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I figured you would be along Randy. I simply suck at football picks!! There is NO hope for me.

Thank goodness it's all in Penguin fun and I do not bet in real life!! grin

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Miss State shuts out Vandy 51 to 0

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The apocalypse is here! Les wins and I am last
Nice job Les

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
WGAF?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
I figured you would be along Randy. I simply suck at football picks!! There is NO hope for me.

Thank goodness it's all in Penguin fun and I do not bet in real life!! grin

in the greater scheme of things, you have a lot of qualities David that supersede picking a wacky college football game

sides if you'd have picked MO, or I'd have taken time out of my day to watch the game the Volunteers would have most likely won it. crazy

if you're near the top but not at the top of the pool at this point in the season, you pretty well have to pick some upsets that you're hopin the leaders don't pick as well

what's that old saying? oh yeah, damned if you do damned if you don't.

but look at Dan trying to be funny saying Les won???

we know that didn't happen that would be a sure sign of the apocalypse grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
OMG Les did indeed win!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...Congrats Lester!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It would appear that Fat Bert has things headed in the right direction at Arkansas. I've been down on him this year, this team should be 9-2, but they always found a way to shoot themselves in the foot. More than any other aspect of his coaching, he deserves a ton of credit for keeping them focused and playing hard after so many kicks in the balls with close loses they gave away. Now, they not only appear to have figured it out, they seem to have some swagger and nastiness to them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been down on him this year, this team should be 9-2, but they always found a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

He does not play the game, the team has to do that, and he has put them in a position to win several of them. I have had some words about the play calling and that goes through him. All in all, he has done good. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by milespatton
I've been down on him this year, this team should be 9-2, but they always found a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

He does not play the game, the team has to do that, and he has put them in a position to win several of them. I have had some words about the play calling and that goes through him. All in all, he has done good. miles

That is the biggest copout for a sunshine fan ever. Good coaches have teams that don't beat themselves. And you see it over and over. Now, the good news is that at Arkansas for now, it appears that having team that beats itself is not his MO and that it really may have been a case of getting the team to believe in itself. But, don't give me that crap about a coach not being on the field. We're going to give him or any other coach the credit when a team does things right, they deserve the blame when a team does things wrong as well.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
ARK will be the SEC darling for 2015. Might even take it all.

Muschamp will go to Carolina and build a kick-azzz defense.

Carolina and ARK for the title.

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
What is it with the SEC and ACC having all these easy games at the end of the year and the rest of the world is in the meat of their conference play?

The 'Noles have barely won 4 or 5 games against unranked, mediocre to terrible teams but since they are "Ws" they stay in the playoff race! I'll bet Bama would beat them by 40 right now!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is it with the SEC and ACC having all these easy games at the end of the year and the rest of the world is in the meat of their conference play?

Have you looked at Arkansas schedule? They kept a #17 from scoring last week and the same with a #8 yesterday and play a team Friday that is probably going to be the SEC East champion. In fact all of their Sec West opponents were ranked in the top 20 when they played them and most in the top ten. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is the biggest copout for a sunshine fan ever. Good coaches have teams that don't beat themselves.

So Bear Bryant or a Tom Landry never had a team beat itself? No matter how good the coach, the team has a learning curve and usually the more Seniors on the team the shorter the curve. miles

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I often find myself wondering just what it is that a head coach does these days. There are offensive coordinators who call the plays and apparently establish the offense that is run, defensive coordinators who do the same with the defense, more position coaches than you can fit into an airport shuttle van, and numerous other underlings of one sort or another. Seems like the head coach's main functions are to hold up one or two fingers on conversions, decide to punt, attempt a field goal, or go for it on fourth down, berate officials, hold press conferences, and swoop in for a recruit signing after one of the other coaches has done the recruiting.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I often find myself wondering just what it is that a head coach does these days. There are offensive coordinators who call the plays and apparently establish the offense that is run, defensive coordinators who do the same with the defense, more position coaches than you can fit into an airport shuttle van, and numerous other underlings of one sort or another. Seems like the head coach's main functions are to hold up one or two fingers on conversions, decide to punt, attempt a field goal, or go for it on fourth down, berate officials, hold press conferences, and swoop in for a recruit signing after one of the other coaches has done the recruiting.

Don't you know, they recruit, hold press conferences and coerce boosters to pay off their mortgages on their mansions!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
On the ESPN special, Wives of SEC Coaches, it appeared to me that the wives did more for the team than the head coaches. laugh

Go Nats!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,068
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.