Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#9360625 11/23/14
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Which block type target do you use or prefer?

Rhinehart, Mckenzie, block, blob etc?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JJ, I had the block black. I'll never buy another. It's completely shot out on all 4 sides. Didnt survive tuning season this yr I would look at Reinhart, or HIPS

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard good things about hips. And blob.

Gotta find a hips dealer

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Academy has some of the HIPS targets. Don't know if you have one close by. Heard both sides of the blob targets. Most love them. But have heard some say they are tough on arrows. Archerytalk is the place for the low down on the blob. Also have heard about Solid Rock Targets. They are on FB

Last edited by 280Ackleyrized; 11/23/14.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have zero issues with my Rinehart. My son bought a Block at the same time I bought the Rinehart and we've shot both about the same amount, mine has seen more broadheads, the difference in wear and tear is amazing. His Block target is done for, my Rinehart has lots of shooting left in it. To be fair, the Rinehart was almost twice the cost. I dunno, maybe it works out the same in the end.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by MOGC
I have zero issues with my Rinehart. My son bought a Block at the same time I bought the Rinehart and we've shot both about the same amount, mine has seen more broadheads, the difference in wear and tear is amazing. His Block target is done for, my Rinehart has lots of shooting left in it. To be fair, the Rinehart was almost twice the cost. I dunno, maybe it works out the same in the end.

Keep an eye out for the Rinehart blems. Cosmetic only and big savings.
I've bought the 18-1, range ball, some 3D deer at significant discounts and they last just like a regular Rinehart.

I would always prefer a target that lasts twice as long.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a phone app called Camofire. They always have Reinhart cosmetic blems popping up on there

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot out a foam block in 2 afternoons, so I took the plunge for a Rhinehart Rhinoblock XL with the removable core. I haven't used it too much, but it 'absorbs' shots with fixed blades really well. Not cheap, but seems good.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My rhinhart requires a highlift jack and three sumo wrestlers to extract the arrows when it's below 30 deg.

I have to shoot three shots or so at all four sides then bring in the whole target with arrows still in it to the warm shop for a few hours to pull my arrows out.

When it's over 50-60 deg it's fine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JJHACK
My rhinhart requires a highlift jack and three sumo wrestlers to extract the arrows when it's below 30 deg.

I have to shoot three shots or so at all four sides then bring in the whole target with arrows still in it to the warm shop for a few hours to pull my arrows out.

When it's over 50-60 deg it's fine.

Damn...must be cold where you are. I'll admit, they are tough to get out when it's cold, that's for sure.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For broadheads the Blob has served me well. Its several years old. Ive seen reports of more recent production Blobs not holding up like they use to.

The Morrell Outdoor Range bag cant be beat for field points.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
I have zero issues with my Rinehart.

+1 Long lived target and won't leave any residue on the arrow shafts like some of those other Blocky POS.!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,415
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.