Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Does not surprise me... all of them are about he same... Even American Rifleman... Never see a bd review... but lots of advertising.... I still remmeber the Kimber Tlakeenta review that A.R. did... the writer even said they left out all 300 brain bullets since it did not shoot them well at all... "buit of course not to change the results of the test firings"..... Sure... not that Kimber is a big advertise or anything...

Gun rags are all just that....rags and about nothing but the money - advertising and they will not piss off their advertisers....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yep it is one Ugly Turd, but they'll sell one boat load of them.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by W7ACT
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So , do they make a left handed version ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2
Apparently the truth really does hurt.

The truth offends people. It got Jesus crucified by his own people.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i've never seen G&A give a bad review to anything. you'd think every gun coming out of brazil and the phillipines is a friggen gem. i have personally handled some of these "gems" and found them to be turd-like.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Looks like a real stopper!

The suing part is ridiculous.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No longer read the rags or do I trust the writers. Doesn't take long to figure out whose payroll they are on... just regurgitating the garbage they've been fed.

Gunrags are no more than infomercials now.

Want the facts? If you can survive the onslaught, ask Big Stick, hint.. smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a well designed piece for pocket carry. I totally disagree with using a word I have long been taught wasn't used in polite society on a public forum. This picture depicts a piece where form surely follows function. It appears perfectly designed for pocket carry. I can't think of a single magazine or published for profit item that bites the hand that feeds them and I surely don't go round saying they take anything more than advertising dollars to review the item. I know nothing of anything referring to Dick Metcalf. I barely know who he is but I have never found Guns& Ammo to be any worse than any other publication of shooting today. I rarely read any firearms publications today. But this gun appears to be a thoughtfully designed handgun for personal protection concealed carry.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
Quit taking that rag about 20 years ago.
Ditto.. Along with the rest of 'em as well..

Originally Posted by GeoW
No longer read the rags or do I trust the writers. Doesn't take long to figure out whose payroll they are on... just regurgitating the garbage they've been fed.

Gunrags are no more than infomercials now.
Exactimundo...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Steve

Nice to see you post again!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by zimhunter
Looks like a well designed piece for pocket carry. I totally disagree with using a word I have long been taught wasn't used in polite society on a public forum. This picture depicts a piece where form surely follows function. It appears perfectly designed for pocket carry. I can't think of a single magazine or published for profit item that bites the hand that feeds them and I surely don't go round saying they take anything more than advertising dollars to review the item. I know nothing of anything referring to Dick Metcalf. I barely know who he is but I have never found Guns& Ammo to be any worse than any other publication of shooting today. I rarely read any firearms publications today. But this gun appears to be a thoughtfully designed handgun for personal protection concealed carry.
Now that's funny!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Guns and Ammo is a steaming pile of dogschit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by W7ACT
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Turds for tards!!!!! crazy

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you can find more accurate info on the interwebbs than G&A and that my friends is saying a whole lot.

damn just got a call from some law firm....

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hey G&A, the pistol is a turd and you are bought off by the advertisers, sue me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What I can't understand is when did Guns and Ammo become the parent company or the legal department of Taurus? Or have the right to sue when they have no vested interest in the company. This is so laughable it hurts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos
What I can't understand is when did Guns and Ammo become the parent company or the legal department of Taurus? Or have the right to sue when they have no vested interest in the company. This is so laughable it hurts.

"John called the new pistol a "Turd," and he took the magazine to task for its glowing review, which he said was fueled by advertising dollars."

nothing to do with Taurus, issue at hand is libel, they threw accusations out at G&A......course technically alright or not to sue all G&A did by acknowledging and threatening to sue was make their situation worse int he eyes of the public and advertisers....

Last edited by rattler; 11/24/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First it doesn't seem that very many actually read the article. G&A told them to take G&A photos down, that's copyright infringement so they're well within their rights there. The rest could be libel for insinuating that the G&A writer was directly influenced by advertising (remember it's one thing to suspect it, it's quite another to prove it).

I've written for a lot of magazines, only one magazine ever asked me to do a puff piece, and I immediately ceased all contact with that publication, and won't even pick their publication up.

I don't know if the gun is a POS or not, I've never seen it. The fact that the GSL guy had to use photos from others makes me think he's never seen or handled one in the flesh (if he actually has, he put nothing in his article to indicate that he has), so that makes me seriously question his credibility. If he has personally never handled the gun, it's pretty piss poor to print such statements without first hand knowledge. Basically he's just speculating.

Now, on the other side. The Taurus pistol in question appears to be pretty weird. If I were still writing for gun magazines and someone asked me to do a review, I would probably decline as it doesn't seem to be something I'm interested in, and I'm dubious about the entire concept. That's the luxury a freelance writer has. A staff Primedia writer doesn't have that luxury and may be forced to write about something unsavory.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, John Boch seems to have two or three valid criticisms of the Curve: No sights, clumsy non-intuitive switch for laser, no safety.

I saw American Rifleman's review and I thought it was an interesting design. I did wonder why they didn't at least put some sort of sighting groove on the slide - that seems like a pretty schlocky shortcut. I wondered about the odd little trigger sheath that was supposed to protect the trigger against accidental activation but fall off by being tethered to your pants - that too seems like a pretty schlocky solution and one likely not to be widely utilized.

But! I think the gun is innovative and hope they develop it further. I like the body-hugging curve idea, the clip instead of a holster and the built in laser/light (which look a little too bulky. But I'm not tucking a pistol without a safety into my waistband - at least not with a round chambered, and I'm fond of sights even if they are crude.

I wish I had read the G&A review to see if they did overly flatter it.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a little Devil's Advocate here...

The pistol in question seems to have more protection of the trigger than a S&W M&P (don't fool yourself into thinking that two piece trigger "safety" actually does anything), and amazingly no one seems to be complaining about S&W's "lack of a safety". I guess if you put a piss poor device on there and call it a "safety" then everyone's appeased.

Now compare when Ruger put an external thumb safety on their little pocket .380, everyone hated the presence of a manual safety. (if you go to the handguns forum, and look up discussions of the Ruger .380 you'll see that the manual safety seems to be pretty much universally disliked; I think I was the only person who liked its presence).

Seecamp's little .32 & .380's are extremely well thought of, yet they lack sights of any kind, and I don't recall much criticism (although I have always disliked that about the Seecamps).

Just playing devil's advocate here. I've never actually held the Taurus in question, and from what I've seen thus far, I'm not sure I'd want to.

I like that they're thinking outside the box, but they may have gone a bit far. The curved grip is what really concerns me, it makes me think I wouldn't hold it straight, and that worries me more than any single feature I've seen. But again, I haven't held one, and I'm not sure I really want to.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (160user, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.