Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9361492 11/24/14
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Let's assume that our next President will be a Republican.

A new President usually appoints his political supporter$ (read "contributor$") to his cabinet and other top posts � not necessarily people who'd most likely do the best jobs.

Here's who I'd like to see the next President appoint �
� STATE � Condoleeza Rice
� LABOR � Linda Chavez
� ENERGY � Sara Palin
� EDUCATION � Laura Bush
� DEFENSE � General Keane, General Scales, or Lieutenant Colonel Allen West
� FEDERAL JUDGE (and later Supreme Court) � Judge Andrew Napolitano or Judge Alex Ferrer
� ATTORNEY GENERAL � Judge Jeanine Pirro
� INTERIOR � *
� AGRICULTURE � *

I think that with these people at work, we'd soon see a few things improve on the banks of the Potomac.

*still pondering

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first prerequisite for a manager, is expertise in what they are to manage.

Dr. Rice I'd agree with for State. The others are all fine people, but I'd want to think about those jobs in greater detail. For Interior, I'd want a hunter or rancher. For Agriculture, someone who actually has farmed.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Five out of nine of your picks are womenfolks. That ought to stir things up a bit.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gowdy would be a better choice for AG IMO.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
� For Interior, I'd want a hunter or rancher. For Agriculture, someone who actually has farmed.

Amen!

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I don't think President Palin would pick someone already doing heavy lifting in the House or Senate. smile

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'd rather have John Bolton as Secy of State, but I could live with Condi.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

Intended to list "or John Bolton" there but forgot to do it. He'd be a good one, I think.

"Good enough" isn't.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I always felt that Condoleeza Rice did an excellent job as Secretary of State in George W. Bush's Administration. She seems like a very intelligent, "got-it-ALL-together" lady.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I don't think President Palin would pick someone already doing heavy lifting in the House or Senate. smile

She won't have to concern herself with those kinds of decisions�..ever. ;-)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Alternatively, Palin as Secy of Interior would drive the tree huggers nuts.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't think so. After watching his commentaries on Fox, it seems that he's never seen a war that he didn't think that we should be involved in. Although, he did join the NG so that he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. He also has no children, so he doesn't have to worry about them being killed, either.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Alternatively, Palin as Secy of Interior would drive the tree huggers nuts.

I would agree with that!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

A new President usually appoints his political supporter$ (read "contributor$") to his cabinet and other top posts � not necessarily people who'd most likely do the best jobs.

� LABOR � Linda Chavez
� ENERGY � Sara Palin
� EDUCATION � Laura Bush
� FEDERAL JUDGE (and later Supreme Court) � Judge Andrew Napolitano or Judge Alex Ferrer
� INTERIOR � *
� AGRICULTURE � *

I think that with these people at work, we'd soon see a few things improve on the banks of the Potomac.

*still pondering

Boy, that would be a dream come true!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I don't think so. After watching his commentaries on Fox, it seems that he's never seen a war that he didn't think that we should be involved in. Although, he did join the NG so that he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. He also has no children, so he doesn't have to worry about them being killed, either.

Condi Rice has no children and has never served in the military. I don't know if that colors her views on military engagements either.

OTOH, Bolton seems to be a stronger proponent of doing what is best for America, from a foreign policy standpoint. Maybe it's just my perception.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seriously wtf would change at the human level for any one person in this thread?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
� LABOR � Linda Chavez
� ENERGY � Sara Palin
� EDUCATION � Laura Bush
� INTERIOR � *
� AGRICULTURE � *
*still pondering

Bob Stallman would be my choice for Secretary of Agriculture;

http://www.fb.org/index.php?fuseaction=newsroom.presbio

Bob Stallman, a rice and cattle producer from Columbus, Texas, is president of the American Farm Bureau Federation, the nation's largest and most influential general farm organization. The 11th president in the organization's history, Mr. Stallman was first elected president on Jan. 13, 2000.

Prior to becoming AFBF President, Mr. Stallman was president of the Texas Farm Bureau. He became a member of AFBF's board of directors in 1994.

A 1974 honors graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Mr. Stallman joined the family farm operation in 1975.

In addition to Farm Bureau involvement, Mr. Stallman has been selected to serve on various state and federal committees. In 2007, the President appointed Mr. Stallman to serve as a member of the White House Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN).

From 2001 until 2014, Mr. Stallman served on the Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy (ACIEP), the State Department's principal advisory panel regarding international economic issues.

From 2001 until 2011, Mr. Stallman served on the board of trustees for the Farm Foundation, a nonprofit organization.

In 1996, the Texas Governor appointed Mr. Stallman to the Citizen's Committee on Property Tax Relief. That same year, Mr. Stallman was appointed by then-House Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts to the Commission on 21st Century Production Agriculture, a panel that proposed recommendations on farm policy for Congress and the administration.

In 2010, Mr. Stallman was elected chairman of the newly formed U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance (USFRA). The USFRA is an effort specifically targeted at increasing consumers� trust in modern food production.

From 2010 until 2014, Mr. Stallman served on the board of trustees for the Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) in 2010. CAST is a nonprofit organization composed of scientific societies and many individual, student, company, nonprofit, and associate society members.

The Texas Senate and House have passed resolutions recognizing him as a farmer, leader and �champion of agriculture.� He was also honored by the Texas A&M University as the school�s 2008 Distinguished Texan in Agriculture.

A member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Columbus, Texas, Mr. Stallman is married to Stacey Lynne Bryan. He has two daughters: Kimberly Willingham and son-in-law Daniel; and Angela Kulhanek and son-in-law Devin. He has eight grandchildren: Ashley, Brooke, Blake and Aaron Kulhanek; Kinley, Cole, Danna and Caleb Willingham.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
� Condi Rice has no children and has never served in the military. I don't know if that colors her views on military engagements either.

OTOH, Bolton seems to be a stronger proponent of doing what is best for America, from a foreign policy standpoint. Maybe it's just my perception.

Ms Rice would bring experience to the job.

Bolton would perhaps be more respected in those problem countries that don't respect women.

"Good enough" isn't.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pick Rice if you want to reassure old allies that the adults are back in charge.

Pick Bolton if you want to send a message that there is a new sheriff in town.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/24/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

� LABOR � Linda Chavez
� ENERGY � Sara Palin
� EDUCATION � Laura Bush
� INTERIOR � *
� AGRICULTURE � *

*still pondering

Five out of nine of your picks are womenfolks. That ought to stir things up a bit.

This is my post and I'm assuming that our next President will be a Conservative Republican woman named Sarah Palin.
She has been elected with the largest conservative turnout in history. And the largest voter turnout for early voting after Sunday church.
Vice President Susana Martinez has been credited with doubling the Hispanic vote and winning Florida to put the electoral vote total over 300.
It was quite an election.

And gave the new President a chance to double down and appoint highly qualified females to ALL the top posts.
With their understanding and full support of the new downsizing policies in place...here's who Palin picked...
� LABOR � Linda Chavez
� ENERGY � Nikki Haley
� EDUCATION � Laura Bush
� DEFENSE � Jane Harman...Picking a Jewish Democrat as the first female Secretary of Defense ought to torque a few jaws.
Harman has served at the highest levels on many intelligence and defense boards and committees. She has been called, �the best Republican in the Democratic Party.�
� FEDERAL JUDGE (and later Supreme Court) � Megyn Kelly to replace Ruth Ginsberg...Hell Yes!
� INTERIOR � Judy Martz
� AGRICULTURE �Mary Fallen
Secretary of Homeland Security---Jan Brewer

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/29/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.