Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My second set of torquless grips. What a nice improvement to my bow.

They fit like factory perfection, work perfectly and look awesome

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Looking good!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hey Jim,
How do these things work? I've heard of them and have the E35 but didn't think too much about them. Have you noticed an improvement in groupings or just the bow feeling better in your hands? Thanks

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's slippery in your hand so at the shot there is no possibility that your bow hand can effect the shot. With a longish brace height, a drop away rest, and this grip, when you touch off the trigger the arrow is gone without any possible bow movement effecting the arrow departure.

This may be more of a problem for me. I tend to have a death grip on the bow. It's my biggest struggle in archery. With this grip and the way it's shaped I can open my bow hand and rest my finger tips on the front of the riser handle. Or even leave my hand open.

It's also much warmer to hold wood then that metal

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Jim,

Is that the brand name? They look slick, no pun intended. Nice s
"Stabilizer" BTW. I think I'd like hunting with you. smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Thanks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How does one know what "wrist style?"

I like the idea of these.

The land of the free because of the brave.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most shooters shoot a medium wrist grip. It has to do with the angle of the bow hand. If you manage to shoot with no bend at all in your wrist, that's a high wrist grip. Slight bend is a medium wrist grip. A lot of bend and the grip that imo puts too much palm into the grip is a low wrist grip.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Torqueless grips should arrive any day for my Bowtech Experience. Torqueless says that Bowtechs and Elites have a higher wrist than Mathews and that the Torqueless LOW wrist puts them in the position of a Mathews factory grip. So I ordered the low because I have more of a tendency towards a lower grip. I hope it works out. So for Bowtechs/Elites, Low=Medium, Medium=High, and nothing=low.

280 & JJ, what are your thoughts on this. JJ, what wrist did you go with. Looks like Medium.

Are those factory strings? Based on the position of your peep, there's a lot of twisting going on when drawn?

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The old way was open grip, and bow sling... worked great!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Torqueless grips should arrive any day for my Bowtech Experience. Torqueless says that Bowtechs and Elites have a higher wrist than Mathews and that the Torqueless LOW wrist puts them in the position of a Mathews factory grip. So I ordered the low because I have more of a tendency towards a lower grip. I hope it works out. So for Bowtechs/Elites, Low=MeIdium, Medium=High, and nothing=low.

280 & JJ, what are your thoughts on this. JJ, what wrist did you go with. Looks like Medium.

Are those factory strings? Based on the position of your peep, there's a lot of twisting going on when drawn?

You may well find the dual cam won't shoot as well with the "same hand position as a Mathews". The solocams, especially some of the older ones liked a lot of Palm in the grip. The dual cams wether ODB or 2 track binary cams don't.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rost495
The old way was open grip, and bow sling... worked great!

My grip is very relaxed and open, but the cradle doesnt feel consistent. Hope a torqueless fixes that problem.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
280, appreciate the insight. It would have been wise to order both low and medium to compare. Matter of fact I believe tomorrow I will do just that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]
That's what you strive for. Grip contacting THUMB MUSCLE, knuckles at 45°, relaxed hand. Some bows will like more thumb pad pressure than others. That's achieved by pushing the knuckles toward the target. Most bows, I prefer a bare riser with slim grip plates. Mathews I prefer the wood grip. I HATE HATE HATE their focus grip. Makes me focus on how uncomfortable it is rather than focusing on the shot

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Harlon,

Are these torqueless grips an improvement over the Mathews wood grips that I have on my Z7?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by tlfw
Harlon,

Are these torqueless grips an improvement over the Mathews wood grips that I have on my Z7?

Not The Harlon - but I've shot Torqueless grips on every Mathews I've owned, including my current Z-7.

I would say - yes, they are an improvement. I tend to do better when I lower the amount of contact I have with the grip. While I really like the feel of the Mathews factory grip, I find that I torque it more than I should, as it really fills my hand.

So, in my mind, the Torqueless is better at letting me relax the grip, and less tweaks from the stray fingers in the equation. JMHO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which wrist style did you go with for your Z7? Based on the websites description of each...I think I am a low wrist style with my factory wood grips on my Z7. But I'm guessing. I never had a problem in the past, that is, before Harlon tuned my bow and I did a lot of practicing before my hunting trip. I then noticed there were times I would grip the bow and torque it. It bothered me that I would on occasion do that. I may have been torquing my bow before, I just didn't discover it.

Now that I have...

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I think all of mine are/were Mediums, it's been a while since I ordered one.

I probably have a spare if you want to try one.

Last edited by AH64guy; 03/25/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My hands are kinda small. And while I get along better with a factory Mathews slim line wood grip better, I can shoot the torqueless. As JJ and AH64 will attest to. Its all about personal preference. I spent a lot of time on proper grip training. Learning how to shoot many different grip styles. Again, its learning to become repeatable. While limiting or preferrably eliminating torque to the bow applied thru the bow hand.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,794
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.