Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Tracy
Originally Posted by CBB15
Be happy you have a Cabelas and not a Bass Pro. The worthlessness of that place is epic...

Be happy you have a Bass Pro and not a Gander Mountain.

We have Sportsman's Warehouse - fits right in with the descriptions of the other big boxes. They came in, ran off all the small (Good) sporting goods stores and now have a monopoly. They offer very little and mostly just the junk that turns over quickly. Can't remember the last time I bought something there that was actually a good buy. At least Cabelas has the Bargain Cave, used guns and a nice catalog.

This kind of surprises me. There used to be a SW store in Oklahoma City. Had lots of high end glass. Clothes were better than Bass Pro but not top shelf. They were always busy but then closed when SW restructured.

The SW store in Cheyenne also has lots of good glass and a big selection of ammo. Probably the most high end glass I've ever seen. Of course, I didn't buy anything except an elk call.

The Sidney, Neb Cabelas is huge but did not carry the old clothes line I used to buy from them. I usually can count on picking up game bags there.

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Ever since cabelas went public and adopted the walmart sales philosophy it has went down hill. More and more items are cheap cabelas labels now with huge markups. Very little name brand quality products anymore. I am not interested in everything saying cabelas on it. The whole store wont have more than half dozen sales staff on the floor, check out takes forever ,only a few registers are usually open.
They bring in a great product only long enough to send it to china to be knocked off under their label. Pricing is often retail plus.
Get to know an employee well enough to be candid with you and you will hear some amazing remarks from the management.
. If you really want to see a great outdoors store with great products,quality, and customer service, visit a Scheels. Floor managers will steer a sales person your way and stay with you as long as you need. I purchase 20 to 1 at scheels compared to BPS or Cabozo.

Last edited by foogle; 02/21/15. Reason: Spelling

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scheels stores are awesome. All I had to see was the display full of Cooper rifles to know they were a step above. Only problem is the nearest one is 4 hours away. Maybe that is a good thing.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

399 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,418
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.