Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I usually really enjoy well made science fiction movies but last nights viewing of "Interstellar" left me wanting.
It WAS well done - VERY well done, technically, but both the VarmintWife and I felt it was lacking in several respects.
I rated it an 81 on a scale of 1 to 100.
If you all go see it I hope you enjoy it more than we did.
By the way, go easy on the icey cold pop as the movie is VERY long at 169 minutes!
Not including previews and such.
I did hear the movie has made over 132 million dollars so far - it did cost 165 million dollars to make!
It definitely will be profitable for the makers soon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw it last week and really enjoyed it.

If one is an experienced quantum physicist or tends to think too deeply about "how did they do that?" there were some fair sized holes in the plot. But if you figure it's a sci-fi movie and just accept that somehow they solved the technical details then those holes don't get in the way of a good movie. And the whole premise of the "ghost" - either one likes those loop arounds or not. I thought it was pretty neat myself.

But mostly the movie is a good story about people and family and that's the basis for every good movie or book. They tied up all of the loose ends and didn't leave you hanging although they didn't try to bog you down in detail either.

And the photography was simply amazing, the space shots were as good as if not better than "Gravity".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought it was okay. Thought it would be better.

Kip Thorne, the executive producer, hails from Logan, Utah, my home stomping grounds. He's a noted physicist at Cal Tech. FWIW, he has great disdain for Republicans and Conservatism. He said in a recent newspaper interview (I am paraphrasing) that the leadership of the Republican party has their collective heads up their asses and are anti-science ignoramuses because they don't believe in evolution or global warming.

Had I known of his philosophic predilections, I would not have put a dime in his pocket by attending his movie.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RobJordan
thought it was okay. Thought it would be better.

Kip Thorne, the executive producer, hails from Logan, Utah, my home stomping grounds. He's a noted physicist at Cal Tech. FWIW, he has great disdain for Republicans and Conservatism. He said in a recent newspaper interview (I am paraphrasing) that the leadership of the Republican party has their collective heads up their asses and are anti-science ignoramuses because they don't believe in evolution or global warming.

Had I known of his philosophic predilections, I would not have put a dime in his pocket by attending his movie.

Almost all of Hollywood thinks exactly the same way as Kip Thorne.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 55 invisible), 3,194 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.