J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They say a plasma torch will fix problems like this

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw someone fix a Spikes Tactical lower receiver once with a bandsaw. It was great.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
was the spikes lower that bad? I thought they were "OK"?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It had more to do with their customer service. The whole conversation was posted a several years ago and ended with a bandsaw. I think Spikes sources good quality stuff and the parts I've had in the past have all been fine. I would rather spend my money elsewhere though after seeing the owner/CEO show his tail in several threads.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
10-4

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I was having problems with beating up the brass on my gen II also, but an adjustable gas block fixed that right up. It is now shooting very well and easy on the brass too. I got the Syrac ordnance gen II gas block. it was easy to install and adjust and made a huge difference with the brass damage.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think a lot of folks have speculated regards the gun being overgassed. I was for one quite puzzled that it would drill the twin ejectors into the back of the case without the extractor bending or warping the rim in any way and did not know how that related in a physical sense to being overgassed?

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
UPS tried to deliver the upper to me yesterday. I notified them I would pick it up at the hub. Probably won't be until Friday. I'll hope to get out with it this weekend. After over 6 months, I hope to see a lot of improvement.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Looking for brass? Brass

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Remy
Looking for brass? Brass
Not at this time, thanks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
anxious to find out if they gave you a new barrel and have drilled a smaller gas port for the lighter bolt/carrier.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A little over a month ago they told me they had a new barrel and bcg for it but hadn't been able to shoot it to see if it was fixed. I was told it would be next in line. 3 weeks later I called to see where it was and they still hadn't shot it. I did find out in that phone call they were moving the plant to the south: Alabama or Arkansas, don't recall which. Three weeks later it's sitting in UPS.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you have much more patience than I do.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[Linked Image]

Well, it was a good day at the range for everything but the "rebuilt" DPMS Gen II .308 Hunter. It ripped the rim off the first round and used the second to jam the first one in so tight I had to pound it out with a chunk of 2x6 on the end of a cleaning rod. About deprimed it in the process. Lacking discipline, I had to try another, but this time no second round so as to foregoe the battering ram effect. Ripped another rim off. No need for the 2x6 this time.

I doubt they shot it at the factory. I know they are moving south, and it seems the only guy they had to test guns was not at work or doing something else there for a long time. I called them many times over the last half year, and the time before last, I was told my gun was next, but they hadn't had the guy who shot and worked on them doing that for a while. Another month went by, no gun, I call again, and still this guy is not doing what I need done. Anyway, they are majorly messed up. Too bad! I wanted this gun to work.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
here are the words you need to say....give me my money back...

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Pretty unbelievable, isn't it?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
yep with ignorant boobs babbling all day that they "hear good things about the Gen2"

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Wow, that's nasty!

Gotta wonder if an adjustable gas block would fix that though. Sucks to need it on a new rifle that should work from the factory, but if you really want it to work, sometimes you have to make it right yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Pretty unbelievable, isn't it?
I'm sorry to read of your troubles on this.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Thank you, sir. No worries, though. I'll send it in to Allman's who now do their warranty work. Hopefully, they can fix it right. DPMS certainly seems incapable of that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 44automag, 348srfun, 31 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.