Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I finished my copy and feel compelled to offer a couple of comments. Primarily to both thank and congratulate John for a job well done. It is well worth the read for anybody.

The first thing I thought when I opened up the book to start reading was that the picture of an early ZEN ED binocular might be like poking a hornets nest with a stick. Then since the first chapters are binocular chapters, and his definition and use of the term optics snob, I initially thought was sort of appropriate. Then as I read on it dawned on me, that mine was a shallow reaction. The real strength of the book, it seems after finishing it, is the fact that on every single page he seems to be talking about somebody here on 24 HR Campfire...everybody. The other thing is that he also comes across as talking to everybody...everybody. Either talking to or about everybody, not just on this forum but in essence optics users everywhere. Simple, straightforward, and readable words some of which will have relevance to anybody. Does not matter if you are going hunting with your first optics or have decades of successful experience. No WTF does he mean, more like OK, that makes sense.

So, I recommend the book. It's a good read and everybody can learn something from it. Glad I bought it. I will let the first read settle in a bit, then I'll read it again.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did "E" get an honorable mention? Wonder if he'll be getting royalties from JB?..... whistle

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Didn't see the E word smile

Steve

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
GreatWaputi,

You mean Eremicus, who's been garbling the info in my first optics book for 15 years now?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John:

What book is Steve talking about ? I could not find that title
anywhere on the net. Tell us all about it.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
John:

What book is Steve talking about ? I could not find that title
anywhere on the net. Tell us all about it.

Jerry,

Are you serious? Google really is your friend. So is a campfire search smile

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve:

I was serious, I had not heard about this book until I read
your post yesterday, and had not searched much, when I posted. It looks like the place to purchase is off John's own website.

I will be putting this on my Christmas list.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 8 invisible), 1,517 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,564
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.