Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Only racists believe that.

Wired in our genes.

Believing that everyone is racist, that it's wired into our genes so that it is a natural rather than a moral condition, is not only racist but the height of laziness.

You absolve yourself of any obligation to put in any actual work in thinking about and deciding whether another person is racist or not racist.

To you, everyone is racist, so you don't have to take up any of your valuable time in getting to know someone. Making moral judgments about another person can be hard. There's a risk of making a mistake. Much easier to be non-judgmental and write everybody off as racist.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Not Making fun Doc...seriously...WTF is up with the roosters?

kind of funny, my daughter has a thing with chicken statues, mostly roosters, so did my grandmother.
they are all over the place.
and that is arizona, not texas.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Understandable, I mean Montana is pretty far away from everything.

Birdwatcher

Might be that MT isn't the only place I've hung my hat. And even if it were, it's hardly a lily white block of Nordicness. And getting even less so by the minute.

But I won't confuse you with facts. Carry on with your silliness.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Believing that everyone is racist, that it's wired into our genes so that it is a natural rather than a moral condition, is not only racist but the height of laziness.

You absolve yourself of any obligation to put in any actual work in thinking about and deciding whether another person is racist or not racist.

To you, everyone is racist, so you don't have to take up any of your valuable time in getting to know someone. Making moral judgments about another person can be hard. There's a risk of making a mistake. Much easier to be non-judgmental and write everybody off as racist.

The best part of that theory is that the bleeding heart types can throw the word "racist" around and when they get called on it they simply shrug their shoulders and exclaim "We're all racist. I didn't mean anything by it."

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Musta hit a nerve....

The classic retort of the bleeding hearts that have been pumped full of white guilt.

No White guilt here, I just moved here to sleep with "ahem" Hispanic girls is all. And since all we take with us when we croak is what we have done, I have never wanted to own much beyond the equivalent of a good rifle and a mule, I DID want to go teach in an urban Hell where they really needed teachers. I mean this is MY country too, and most folks is just content to yield ALL our inner cities to scum.

Except when I got here I discovered that South Texas ain't much on "Urban Hell", lukewarm is the worst I could get grin I ain't complaining, I like it here, a lot.

I will add that you'd have a hard time convincing any white suburbanites posting on here, to let their white, teenage kids go walking around the east side of that schit hole you live in, after dark.

??? Who said anything about teenagers, or the East (Black) side? The East Side scares the bejeezus out of me but, I would teach there, in a heartbeat. I just got more'n twenty five years right where I'm at is all, among some of the friendliest people you'll ever want to meet, who in a large part ain't got a pot to pee in.

I can't imagine you're referring to all of San Antonio as a "s hole", that seems so patently false I don't gotta defend it. Maybe you mean just the part where I live grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What the hell would you know, you've never even been to TX. Bart said so, and it's been backed up by shurnuff tejanos on here! grin

MAGA
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
What the hell would you know, you've never even been to TX. Bart said so, and it's been backed up by shurnuff tejanos on here! grin

He even makes sport of people from Texas...

And people from Oregon...if you can imagine.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
<snork!>

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by tjm10025

The best part of that theory is that the bleeding heart types can throw the word "racist" around and when they get called on it they simply shrug their shoulders and exclaim "We're all racist. I didn't mean anything by it."

Travis

Truth^^^

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Damn, with all those words you nailed me to a tee grin Nahh, I didn't get any off that on a personal level.

How about this... what one THINKS is largely irrelevant, what one DOES is another matter entirely. Fer example I could give a damn about my good friends' swastika pillows (they hid 'em when company came over grin)....

....but, if they ever started actually screwing with the Jews, then we would have to become enemies.

Best I can describe it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What the hell would you know, you've never even been to TX. Bart said so, and it's been backed up by shurnuff tejanos on here!

Ok, once again, what have I posted here about Texas that you disagree with?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You know birdie, you are talking to the wall in trying to convince people that do not live in the southwest what it is like to live in the southwest. My wife and I were just talking yesterday about one of her brother's sons. Now keep in mind that my wife's family were in texas prior to the alamo, and had a family member DIE at the alamo. Anyway the brother's son is living in texas and married this cute little mexican girl. My wife's brother took about 20years i think to accept me, so it isn't exactly like he isn't critical. They all love that little mexican girl that married into the family. All i here about her is good. And, yesterday, she posting on facebook it's time to start making the tamales, it's that time of year.
Funny, my slovak/croat mother always made tamales this time of year, because that is what you do.
Trying to explain this stuff to a yankee is fruitless.
By the way, I have real fond memories of your wife, and the way she can cook. Which i am sure is how she keeps you in line.
I think we may have to pull all those ceramic chickens out of storage and line them up around the house.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/27/14.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Musta hit a nerve....

Birdwatcher

The only thing you hit was that treble hook I dangled in front of you on page two.

The dearth of spanish speaking Mexicans in south Texas was pretty epic. And it's only been getting better.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well hey thanks cool

...and have always believed I married above my station....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ok, once again, what have I posted here about Texas that you disagree with?

"Wheels on the bus go round-n-round, round-n-round, round-n-round..."

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
You know birdie, you are talking to the wall in trying to convince people that do not live in the southwest what it is like to live in the southwest.

Maybe you can tell us all about those Mexicans in Arizona and Southern California that don't identify with Mexico?

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only thing you hit was that treble hook I dangled in front of you on page two.

The dearth of spanish speaking Mexicans in south Texas was pretty epic. And it's only been getting better.

I thought the average Hispanic Texan, most of whom reside in South Texas, speaks Spanish poorly if at all, ie: doesn't speak Spanish.

But, turns out San Antonio is a s hole and yer average Hispanic Texan speaks Spanish when they show up at the grocery store at the first of the month to renew their welfare cards... I'll pass that along at dinner today....

Birdwatcher

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
You know birdie, you are talking to the wall in trying to convince people that do not live in the southwest what it is like to live in the southwest.

Maybe you can tell us all about those Mexicans in Arizona and Southern California that don't identify with Mexico?

Travis

sure, there are plenty of them, that is, that don't identify with mexico. And there are plenty of the other kind too.
My next door neighbor is puerto rican. Few years ago i was asking his son to tell me some spanish language singes on c.d. that i could send to this half mexican half central american girl serving in the army in iraq. He laughed, and said you will have to ask dad, I don't speak that sh*t. His dad was kind of embarrassed when i carded him on it, said his sons don't really speak spanish. I don't either, but prior to age five, I probably knew more spanish than i did english, just from my baby sitters and family, most of whom were bi linqual.
And, I can tell a lot of times new arrivals from those growing up here. Even the haircuts are different.
I am totally happy around hispanic culture. It's just the illegal that i don't like. And even that gets confusing.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/27/14.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Wheels on the bus go round-n-round, round-n-round, round-n-round..."

Well, I weren't asking you, but I think thats called "avoiding the question".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, gotta run into work... prob'ly can get on later, but will be out of the loop for a bit after that.

No worries, folks can psychoanalyze and denigrate me later wink I hadn't realized I was chasing "ahem" Texans of Mexican Descent girls out of White guilt, I just thought they were pretty, didn't mind dressing like girls, and were warm and fun loving was the reason. Nor did I realize seeking out the front lines in the educational trenches was an expression of the same either.

But BGG, I'm really interested in hearing about what you disagree with about Texas that I posted here.

Birdwatcher

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.