Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ummmmmm.....
I was going to save that one for the next thread. I only have one pic on PB so here is a sneak-peek of the next build. It's the yellow extended-cab pulling the galvanized house.
That will be the next project after the next one or two. smile

[Linked Image]

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
This is so cool! Glad you started a thread on it WB.

Won't be long now and we'll have the Castle up on the big lake! Can't wait!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Loving this thread and ND's car thread! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That thing is epic! Awesome project that I looks forward to following.

Brandon Gleason
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Looking good wyte bare! I'll have to swing over for a look see maybe this week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
keep it up White bear, been riding in these the past couple years up east and they are amazing. I am surprsised you dont have a big basket up front on there. a rack, holder for the auger, get out the can holders in side as well.. so much you can do. onyl bad part it all takes time. i'll be going for the first ride on the 19th this year in one.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
This is the coolest thing ever. I have never seen one and with wood panels to boot. I love it. I know I am probably slow but what are the tires for? Can you drive it on the road when there is not any snow? I would like one and I live in Georgia. LOL.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Cool Machine! I notice a compartment in the rear that opens. I assume that's where a driver would stuff unruly kids when they act up, correct?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Y'all yankees is some peculiar folks,...no chit.

Us Southan boys will jack a pick-up way up in the air or put 2-4 barrels on a Mustang,...but you Yankees will drank 47 beers of an unknown variant and stick a V8 in something that looks like it came offa "Voyage to the Bottom of the damn Sea".

We're Irish, Indian, and the occasional jiggaboo down here.

Where you people come from, anyway?

I'm guessin' Finland, Norway,...with the odd drunk ass, hard dicked, nomadic eskimo passin' through ever now and then.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Us Southan boys will jack a pick-up way up in the air or put 2-4 barrels on a Mustang,...but you Yankees will drank 47 beers of an unknown variant and stick a V8 in something that looks like it came offa "Voyage to the Bottom of the damn Sea".

I'm guessin' Finland, Norway,...with the odd drunk ass, hard dicked, nomadic eskimo passin' through ever now and then.

Finally, an anthropologist on the board.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Plenty of Irish around here too, but with all the Canadian whiskey flowing through our veins, we can claim dual citizenship.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Language warning. grin

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've been busy with some "other jobs" but am back to work on the skewl bus. I'll snap some pics if there is any noticeable progress made today. I was busy making venison jerky/sausage this morning.

The tires carry the weight of the machine. Slides would work as well but they would cause friction in low snow conditions. The new (about '54 & newer) ones have a longer nose and wheels can be mounted where the skis go for no snow use. These old girls have a kit but it's a very small tire. The new ones use a wheel/tire that is the same size as the rear ones.

There will be a basket made for the front as well as some other upgrades.

We are Scandinavian and Polish for the most part with a little of everything else mixed in. I stay away from the polocks when possible tho as they are trouble unless they bring me potato sausage. smile

Thanks to you all for taking a peek at this project.

Do not feed the bear!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

So you boys put bigger tires on your trucks to????? smile

So do we. This one is tore down at the moment and getting a full-sized body with a built 473bbf under the front tin.

[Linked Image]

I've also heard of these minivans. Not much use for them but they bring decent scrap price. My mancard is still intact.

[Linked Image]

Found one more of the next snow tractor project. It was a nice 15*F day so no extra clothes needed. I rebuilt this rig once but there will be a lot more goodies added for this season

[Linked Image]

Just another day of fun in Minnesota.....

[Linked Image]

One of the reasons we do all of this.

[Linked Image]

I hope you all enjoy seeing a slice of our life up north.

Do not feed the bear!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Love it!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dug up this old thread, am I missing something or did White Bear finish the rebuild on the Skewl Bus?

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The bare, he working now.

I saw the bus a couple of weeks ago. Its looking good, I think he's got it on the side burner for now with excavation season starting up here in the tundra.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The Bare is deep into the dot u digging right now. That's what he told me when he hit me up on the text messages.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I had to switch gears this winter. I lined up more work than I can do this spring/summer/fall and needed to get all of my equipment ready for the season. It's been a great spring so far and not an end in sight. It's good to be turning down jobs because I'm booked solid. I'm busier than a one-legged man in an azz-kicking contest

If I get a lull this summer I may spend some time on toys but I'm guessing servicing machinery, hardfacing wear components and burning diesel will keep me 100% occupied until December or later.

My life now consists of a lot of this amongst other projects. I'm not much of a picture poster but I'll maybe toss a few on the "birth of a deer camp" thread from time-to-time.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by White_Bear; 04/30/15.

Do not feed the bear!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (444Matt, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 20 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.