Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
2legit2quit,maybe someday we can sit down and enjoy a cold one. It would be something I'd look forward to. I almost connected with Scott F a couple of years ago and would have if my plans hadn't had to change. We live on about as opposite ends of the country as you can get until you throw in Alaska. I still want to make one of the Campfire get togethers and might take an honest stab at it next year.

Harry
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Negros and whites live in two separate worlds.

It appears to me idiots and normal people live in two separate worlds.

Not blacks and whites.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Negros and whites live in two separate worlds.

It appears to me idiots and normal people live in two separate worlds.

Not blacks and whites.

Travis

I agree. It is just a shame that the two have to interact.

Harry
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Almost all of my dealings with black people were in the army. There were 2 distinct groups - the black guys who were just like us white guys and some were good friends. Then there were the Soul Brothers. You didn't mess with those guys. You stayed clear away from them.
Of course there were white guys you avoided, too, but they seemed to hate everyone, not just those of a different color.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That was some good writing by Ben Watson. Can you imagine what life would be like if we had a few politicians like that, and a bunch of celebrities who spoke so truthfully, and the MSM actually reported on it?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
as insightful and thought provoking as those remarks are, they are a candle in an ocean of darkness.
This whole Ferguson thing has put race relations in America back a generation. Or more. Negros and whites live in two separate worlds.

A thought that just occurred to me is that it's not so much the "Ferguson thing." It's the Black leadership thing. Name one black leader (Sharpton, Jackson, 0bama, though not all black leaders have African ancestry) accepted by the main stream who has the character of Martin Luther King, or the white abolitionists of the mid-1800s, or the white leaders of the Underground Railroad who risked life to bring blacks from slave states to free states. King was far from perfect, but his message was a call to elevate black Americans, not to diminish whites. Today the leaders of the civil rights movement are attempting to diminish whites, and you can't diminish one race or class without diminishing all. The civil rights leaders of the 60s understood this. Black clergymen, who were their forebearers, also understood it. Their message was the message of Acts 17:26, "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth." Who in the civil rights movement believes that today?

Today's black leadership has put race relations back more than a generation. I say that because blacks have no leaders on the horizon, who are accepted by the main stream, who will not stand for the methods and values being pushed today. In my opinion, black leaders of today who are accepted by the main stream seek to elevate blacks by bringing whitey down, and that's impossible. Black leaders of earlier generations understood that it's impossible, which is why they achieved so much where today's civil rights leaders are failing.

Steve.

perhaps you're an "everyday hunter"

but your words were of the type of man of careful consideration

excellent post!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
reading page two, more excellent insights by more than a few guys

so nice to see folks that exhibit clear thinking

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just another liberal for insinuating Wilson or any other officer could ever be in the wrong. What part of the words "exempt" and "immune" does this POS cop hater not understand. The civilian should ALWAYS lose when confronted by a police officer no matter what the officer wants. The civilian can lose during the initial contact with the officer or officers or they can lose when confronted by scores of the officers comrades, their choice.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like these so called black leaders want blacks to receive treatment historically(and legitimately) that is only available to police officers as stated eloquently by the conservative Chief Flynn:

http://reason.com/blog/2014/10/16/cop-in-milwaukee-fired-after-shooting-un

""There's got to be a way for us to hold ourselves accountable absent putting cops in jail for making mistakes," Flynn said"

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a very deserving post to have gone viral on Facebook; nearly 400,000 'shares'. It's kind of ironic that a professional athlete probably has more name recognition by a wider group of people from a thoughtful social media post than he would have achieved had he caught a winning pass in a Super Bowl.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 3,321 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,332
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.