Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lol. HAJ has illustrated why our government is screwed up.

He postulated a simple idea and asked for thoughts. And not one person just simply agreed with him.

And that's a sample of about 10 people, all of whom I'd bet are good people with extremely conservative values.

No wonder 550 lawyers can't get anything simple accomplished!

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, the thought just sort of jumped off the page at me.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Instead of adding more, why not repeal all the unconstitutional second amendment laws on the books already?

This ^^^^
I'm not crazy about the idea of one person having more rights than I do (especially 2nd amendment) just because of military or civil service.

We should all live under the same laws.
No special 2nd amendment rights for military/law enforcement and no Obama Care waivers for congress.
Same laws for everyone,,, period.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser

He postulated a simple idea and asked for thoughts. And not one person just simply agreed with him.

And that's a sample of about 10 people, all of whom I'd bet are good people with extremely conservative values.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, the thought just sort of jumped off the page at me.

I actually thought the same thing.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If you can legally own a gun then you should be able to legally carry a gun, period.

Agreed but Congress won't do that.

Then replace congress.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
If you can legally own a gun then you should be able to legally carry a gun, period.

Then replace congress.

Yeah, as quickly as possible, too. Not after they have 40 years under their belts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or,,, just maybe,,, no one agreed with him because it's a stupid idea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have never understood how Congress gets around "...shall not be infringed upon."

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
I would much rather see a national reciprocity for concealed carry!

This.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Then replace congress.

Good luck

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have never understood how Congress gets around "...shall not be infringed upon."

Me neither, so I figure use the lack of logic against them.

I see one of two things happening.

Either they legalize national carry for millions more people, or they take guns out of chips hands.

I see this as a way to back then into a corner.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Instead of adding more, why not repeal all the unconstitutional second amendment laws on the books already?

This ^^^^
I'm not crazy about the idea of one person having more rights than I do (especially 2nd amendment) just because of military or civil service.

No special 2nd amendment rights for military/law enforcement and no Obama Care waivers for congress.

All or nothing will leave us with nothing. Are you happy with that?

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Or,,, just maybe,,, no one agreed with him because it's a stupid idea.

An armed society is a peaceful society. Agree?

It would logically follow then, that the more armed citizens, the more peaceful our society would be.

Tell me an idea that you have that you truly believe could be sold to both Congress and the American people, right now, that would put liberty into the hands of millions more people.

Replace congress? Won't happen. What else ya got?

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

This ^^^^

Beautiful utopia you live in. I wish it were reality.

The only way you can get the 2nd Amendment upheld for everyone is to continuously uphold it for bigger and bigger chunks of society.

The wide brush you and I want would never happen. You know this.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I actually thought the same thing.

Yep! Who would have thought that an idea that would make national carry a possibility for millions of Americans would be considered stupid on this site.

It's actually cracking me up. laugh

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Then replace congress.

Yeah, as quickly as possible, too. Not after they have 40 years under their belts.

Ten four,,,, term limits, balanced budget amendment, and close the borders.
Then we can go about reinstating our rights under the constitution instead of creating more laws that provide for special interests while disregarding the rest of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This ^^^^

All or nothing will leave us with nothing. Are you happy with that?

And going along to get along is what got us where we're at. Are you happy with that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Replace congress? Won't happen. What else ya got?

Did you somehow miss the recent election results.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings but I stand by my statement that passing laws that only benefit a select few is a stupid idea.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
HaJ is arguing for incrementalism, which is how a "democratic" republic has to work. So yes, I would be all for having vets allowed to carry. How many vets do you know that are liberals???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
HaJ is arguing for incrementalism, which is how a "democratic" republic has to work. So yes, I would be all for having vets allowed to carry. How many vets do you know that are liberals???

So,, you're in favor of congress and trade unions be exempted from O-Care.
Or is "incrementalism" only a good idea when you agree with the law?

As far as liberal vets,,,,, Colin Powell comes to mind right off the top of my head.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Something has to be done about concealed carry. I have a permit for WA but had to jump through a bunch of good to carry when I visit OR. Forget about CA. If I cross that state line I become a sub human with less rights than a illegal. And here I wasthinking I was born a citizen and covered under the Constitution.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.