Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ROCKINBBAR,

Thank you for the original post and link. Way fascinating. My looking into the rest of the wierd site was my own fault and no reflection on your well intentioned initial post of just sharing the pictures from an amazing dig and find.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
normally i have never done anything with military gear other than preserve what is there. I varied once. When the russian capture k98's were coming into country, i got one originally made in the 30's. It had been "dipped" with that horrible russian park on the metal, some russian numbers cut into a sanded area on thea buttstock, and whatever crud they used to seal the wood. By rights it should have been left as it was, as it reflected it's history. The part that got me was the "blood rust" on top of the reciever, very distinctive when you see it, where some poor guy had leaked all over it. I refinished the wood taking the russian stuff out and putting what the germans had originally used back on, and got rid of the russian "dip" park, and got rid of the pits/corrosion from the blood. When restored, it looked pretty much "as issued." Shot it one time, and put it away. I like to think the guy who had that rifle a long time ago approved of what i had done.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
few years ago, i was very tempted to bid on a garand found in the forest around bastogne. Wasn't much left of the wood, and or course heavily rusted. It seemed offensive in a way to see it for sale on an auction site, and i kept thinking it needed to come home.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there are a number of sites like this one. Few years ago i was really tempted to buy a pack of WWII german condoms. Thought it would make an interesting gift for a son in law whose father was on the eastern front during WWII.
http://www.bunkermilitaria.com/Merc...GY&Store_Code=BM&Category_Code=2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't think it is the Mauser 1918 because those are basically a scaled up 98(which the actions doesn't look right for) and most wouldn't have had the mag well. The WZ35 action appears closer to that in the pic, but the trigger group doesn't quite match and there are too many barrel bands for either anti-tank gun along with no bipod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin%E2%80%93Nagant

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's pretty cool.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
there are a number of sites like this one. Few years ago i was really tempted to buy a pack of WWII german condoms. Thought it would make an interesting gift for a son in law whose father was on the eastern front during WWII.
http://www.bunkermilitaria.com/Merc...GY&Store_Code=BM&Category_Code=2

That is a cool and amazing site! Who knew so much Nazi era stuff was still around to be collected and all.

Each item makes me try to imagine the life and times of the person who owned it and possibly died with this stuff in hand or in use.

Each of them was once young, strong and virile. Makes a person ponder thier own mortality and the brevity of life on this planet. Also, how precious this life given to us IS.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by MojoHand

Also, why does that first ammo belt look like it contains blanks?

Thinking that may be 7.62x38 Nagant. Rims look big though??

They look like primers for artillery using bagged powder charges.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
great pictures

some bad [bleep] happened there - that's for sure

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
743 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.