Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
LOLOL

You might need hip waders before it's over with.

(Voice sounding like it's deep in a barrel)

I'm A-Lookin'

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by generalstuart
Hello All
I spent about an Hour on this gun yesterday cleaning it, waxing it and Placing my Original set of Walter Roper stock's on it. It is a S&W Pre-Model- 25 chambered in .45 ACP Caliber that shipped in 1959 time span. Here is how it came out and I will be hunting this coming week with it Packed in my Factory Padded S&W shoulder Rig. Regards, The General

[Linked Image]

Hmm I'm pretty sure interstate theft of a vehicle would be a felony, let alone the theft of a licensed emergency vehicle.

Not to mention at least 1 involuntary psychiatric admission in the past few months.

And lastly a harassment charge.

And we all know people with involuntary psych admits, felons, or those charged with felony crimes can't possess weapons.

I myself would be very careful in the pictures I post and statements I make online if I was facing your apparent situation.

You used to be a valued poster General, now your akin to Larry Root in my eyes.

Of course if all these stories the General claims are him are B.S. then he can have all the guns he wants.

I wonder.......

Okay I really couldn't give 2 squirts of piss what he does.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And we all know people with involuntary psych admits, felons, or those charged with felony crimes can't possess weapons.

I was wondering when someone would catch that.

Could be time to tune up the banjo and listen for pig calls...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
General, what branch of the military did you serve as a general?

I suspect that he was a major general in the Confederate States Army, in charge of a cavalry corps, in a past life. It certainly would tie into having a really cool gun collection.

Hello Cheyene
Bingo, You win my Great, Great Grandfather was JEB Stuart of the Virginia Calvary. I have his brass telescope and a tin type Civil war picture of him. My Great Grandmother was his son JEB Junior's Daughter & her name was Mary Stuart and my Middle Name is Stuart after him. Sadly he was shot in the back at a Young age, The Man was brillaint but he forced his Own Ill Fate by paying Homage & Respect to his war dead by riding the battle field after the battle's ceased, that is How he ws shot in the back at Yellow Tavern where he later died of his wound. He carried a modern side arm for back then he had a Lermatt revolver which was a crude Metallic cartridge style revolver unlike the Colt Ball & Cap revolver's that everyone else used back then, hsi Loaded and shot Much Faster I Guess Gun's Run Deep in us Stuart men's Vein's & He sure did Not lack for Ball's , I Guess the Apple did not fall far from the Tree. Regards, The General

Well, you're wrong on the Lemat. It was a "Cap&Ball" revolver. Where it differed from the Colt (there we go with another example of proper capitilization), was that it had 9 cylinders instead of 6 and also included an approximately 20 guage smoothbore barrel underneath the revolver barrel
The LeMat was originally a cap and ball weapon but later changed to pinfire. I have no idea which type Stuart carried or if it is known.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Read this ENTIRE thread thinking I'd eventually see a dead deer strapped to an ambulance. Ueberr (spelling?) disappointed.

Good luck with your deer hunt and I hope life gets back to a smooth enjoyable routine for you soon Brother (seriously; no sarcasm).

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gorgeous revolver and superb target. With shooting like that, you should have no problem hitting a deer.

Have you considered a heavier bullet and load? The beauty of a 45 ACP revolver is the ease with which you can load SWC's. Years ago I loaded commercially cast 255 gr. SWC's in my Colt Gov't model and not only did a healthy charge of Blue Dot run them in the 950 fps range, the load was extremely accurate.

Let us know if you get a deer.
35WN

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hello
To the Many Friend's that I have made on this forum I ask simply for your prayer's & Thought's right now. I am Not my usual self lately but I am getting help I do have an Ongoing issue that I am currently addressing & getting help with at this time. I could Not help the Thing's that happened Pleased do not Judge me. As Far as those charges they are pending & Very stiff one's toward's me I am told that they have been dropped so Please do Not judge me in your responses Here or Type smart Alek comment's I really don't deserve to be Treated that way, I have Given Much to this forum Over the year's as far as being a good member & those that Really Know me all ready Know all that, I Invite your Prayer's and Thought's Now, I could Really use them to Pull me through this very Tough time. Regards, The General

Last edited by generalstuart; 11/28/14.

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pray for everyone who posts here, but cry to the heavens hoping everyone will remember the correct spelling of the word is " judgment".

That is all!

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This is like watching two trains hurtling toward each other at a combined speed of 140 mph, on the same track. You want to tell them both to stop, wake up and watch what your doing, but you know at least one of them can't hear a word your saying. No matter how well intentioned.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
sorry to hear of your problems, glad your getting help. Humble is always better than confrontational when your in need of help. Seems you have had a few things going on lately in addition to the ambulance theft.

also if there were circumstances surrounding the ambulance theft that might be extenuating I am sure we all would welcome your explanation.

Finally nice pistol for sure, I fancy I want a 45colt Smith and Wesson from time to time, but always wind up with some AR type carbine, which I shoot much better with anyway.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jimmyp
sorry to hear of your problems, glad your getting help. Humble is always better than confrontational when your in need of help. Seems you have had a few things going on lately in addition to the ambulance theft.

also if there were circumstances surrounding the ambulance theft that might be extenuating I am sure we all would welcome your explanation.

Finally nice pistol for sure, I fancy I want a 45colt Smith and Wesson from time to time, but always wind up with some AR type carbine, which I shoot much better with anyway.

Yep - I hope all goes well for you General Stuart.

I have been there before meself and so do not like to "cast stones"...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alukban

Hello Guy's
I appreciate your response here. I am seeing a doctor for my condition I could not help my actions, I have been diagnosed as Bi-Polar but I feel much better now that I am getting treatment and the correct medications i was told due to me Dying in the recovery room after a cancer surgery, and being Brought back to life last March that this condition surfaced. Thank's for the Kindness and understanding. Regards, The General

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alukban

Hello Guy's
I appreciate your response here. I am seeing a doctor for my condition I could not help my actions, I have been diagnosed as Bi-Polar but I feel much better now that I am getting treatment and the correct medications i was told due to me Dying in the recovery room after a cancer surgery, and being Brought back to life last March that this condition surfaced. Thank's for the Kindness and understanding. Regards, The General
I am glad to hear you're getting help General. Sorry for your problems. I'm very far away from your situation and don't pretend to know anything about it but...I'd be careful in just a blanket acceptance of some doctor's diagnosis of a mental condition like that after all these years on earth. It would not surprise me at all if your condition was drug-induced due to the medications you had to receive for surgery. There is a difference between somebody who had a mental condition induced as opposed to somebody who is naturally that way.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.