Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348
A few years back, Glenn Beck was telling the story that back in the 70s, there was a push to convert coal to oil the way the Germans did during the war. According to Beck, the Saudis reacted by cutting the price of crude below the level at which the conversion process made sense, thereby killing the competeition.

Sounds like the same crap they're pulling now.

Beck's friend and fellow Mormon, the President of jet Blue, wanted to do the coal to oil bit, but wanted the gummint to guarantee a minimum price to be offset when prices were high. Never heard any more about it.

A side benefit for the Saudis is that low prices limit the cash the Iranians have for their peaceful nuclear program.

Ironically enough, ND has a coal conversion plant still in mothballs.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Anybody think taxing imported oil so that it doesn't put our domestic production out of business is a good idea? Wouldn't stable energy prices be a good thing? Plus the Saudis use the oil money we send them to fund groups like ISIS which end up costing us in other ways.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
the saudi's surely do not like us drilling our own stuff, but they are also limited in cutting production due to their need to sell their stuff to support their own population.
Oil/energy is not going away however, given the increasing need for it worldwide, we are not the only one with a straw at the well.
Also given rates on bank deposits, those dividends start looking pretty good.

I saw a story on Fox that said that the some of the OPEC nations needed to keep oil at $80 a barrel to make their budgets.

Interesting to say the least.

Last edited by 12344mag; 11/29/14.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We should buy all we can while it's cheap and save our reserves, instead of increasing our refining capacity when alternative power needs developing.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I would gladly pay $3.00 a gallon for gas if we brewed our own crude. At $75 a barrel I think everyone should be happy, except OPEC , and Russia. We will be way ahead in the long run to pay this price and then some. Every oil state would benefit and we could have more natural gas. I read once that Alaska pumps the natural gas back into the ground cause there is no way to send it south. Half of what the U.S uses is what Alaska puts back in the ground. We could tell everyone else to stick it.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Large fuel reserves aren't a bad thing.

Diesel keeps forever.

Start buying 10 year old pre-emissions pickups.

Save 'local' oil for when the chit really hits the fan.

I've said this for the last 35 years. Use up the rest of the world's oil first, and save ours for the final crunch. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Large fuel reserves aren't a bad thing.

Diesel keeps forever.

Start buying 10 year old pre-emissions pickups.

Save 'local' oil for when the chit really hits the fan.

I've said this for the last 35 years. Use up the rest of the world's oil first, and save ours for the final crunch. wink

unfortunately the oil boom in the various fields around the US is one of the few good points of our economy right now.....bout the only serious job growth

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gee's this is just a business cycle, they happen all the time!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Only in Calvin's world is $10 gas a good thing for the 'economy'.

Just get sum Exxon stock and reinvest the dividends biches!! grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Saudi's aren't worried a bit about US oil production but they are obsessed with the Iranians and their bomb ambition. This is aimed square at the Iranians and the gulf arab states are going to do all they can to strangle the life out of the Iranians economy. Many people in the west think of Iranians as Arabs which they are not. Iranians are persians and are hated by arabs and the persians think of arabs as subhuman ni**ers. Then on top of that there is the sunni vs shia division. Isis is the monster that the arab states created to [bleep] the shia arabs and Iranians in Iraq. Like most monsters they didn't stay on the leash long and now are a menace to everyone.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
we're busier than chit, i haven't been home in almost 6 weeks. can't complain though making 16-18,000 a month now.

What kind of work do you do? Can an 18-year old get into it?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have read the $60 figure for the Bakken is misleading in that that price includes developing a well from obtaining the property/mineral rights up through production. Since the property/mineral rights where acquired long ago it's actually much cheaper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BWalker
I have read the $60 figure for the Bakken is misleading in that that price includes developing a well from obtaining the property/mineral rights up through production. Since the property/mineral rights where acquired long ago it's actually much cheaper.

uh no, hell alot of the leases are new.....they dont acquire the rights generally they lease them.....and in this boom they wound up sinking holes in ground they hadnt in the previous two

Last edited by rattler; 11/29/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
OPEC was created for that very purpose.

Like it or not, oil is on the worldwide market.

Yes, the drilling in the Bakken, Eagle Ford and Wolf Camp have eased the oil market somewhat, but those fields are just now getting into decent production. And with OPEC dropping the price by glutting the market, it is fast becoming unprofitable for American oil producers to drill and frack.

Prices will adjust.

It's Pavlov's salivating dogs, Psychology 101 the conditioned response. We Americans are the driving force of oil. We are the top consumers. When we change our habits the whole world changes as well to respond to the USA's energy needs. Sometimes it's good for us but most of the time it's great for them.

Right now we are oil independent and the rest of the world is adjusting to America's new energy independence. Right now we are driving the bus and we are giving the rest of the world's oil producing countries fits. When we are using more energy than we produce the rest of the world treats us like diseased lepers and makes us pay their prices for the "medicine" that makes us well. America is forced to beg for every oil scrap they offer us. Kicking us in our balls every chance they get and loving it.

But, the longer we drive the oil and energy producing bus the more we get to control our own destiny. Liberals hate that. They want us kowtowing to what ever country fits their current liberal agenda. When the Bakkens oil dries up we will be on our knees again if we do not develop another source of energy. I suggest Nuclear energy in addition to coal, solar and wind along with new oil fields in Alaska and off the California coast as a good start.

The bottom line is some people in our own country want to see us begging for their own selfish political reasons. The leadership of oil producing countries want to see us begging so we can make small groups of dictators and ultra elite families rich. The projection of power and independence offends some on the liberal left. It appears they will sacrifice us in a New York minute if it fits their political agenda.

We need to think about controlling them; the ones that want to enslave us, with nothing more than common sense energy development. Doing what it takes to be energy independent keeps them in check. I have no sympathy for those who want to control us, either foreign or domestic. In my opinion, we should all think that way.

OPEC for a start needs to be following our lead and not the other way around. It's time we drug them around by their noses for a while. Right now we are forcing them to fight among themselves trying to develop an energy strategy that puts us back on their oil tit. I don't know about you, but that makes me smile. Maybe just a little. grin

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we wont ever control them....China and India are going to take over the top buyer spots from us before long....especially with how much of our manufacturing has been tossed in their laps by our EPA....yeah we have alot of vehicles, but China and India's market shares in this respect are going up exponentially....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by stxhunter
we're busier than chit, i haven't been home in almost 6 weeks. can't complain though making 16-18,000 a month now.

What kind of work do you do? Can an 18-year old get into it?
yes you can. I run a chemical mixing plant doing mostly coil tubing support, drill outs ,toe preps and fishing jobs.Production work.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
windchill is -30 and its not even the cold part of winter yet....need help?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
we're hiring apply online at oilstatesenergysevices.com go to careers and apply.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Linky no workee, Roger.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cut and paste, i got where i needed to go.....will see what i can come up with, no chit they are hiring and all over the place....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,932 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.