Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#9372646 11/28/14
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
OPEC is trying to starve out US production by keeping production steady. They do not want an energy independent USA.

Lets see how this plays out..

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They have been doing that for years. IT costs them a fraction of what it costs us to extract oil, so all the have to do is turn off the faucet and watch the prices go up.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'd like to see OPEC drink their oil.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
They have been doing that for years. IT costs them a fraction of what it costs us to extract oil, so all the have to do is turn off the faucet and watch the prices go up.

Now that we are exploiting a large oil resource of our own and we currently have a glut of oil I say let them cut. I thought that was why we started exploiting the Bakken reserve so we did not have to be dependent on Middle east oil. We have achieved independence so I say let them eat their oil. If the Keystone pipeline were to ever get started, it would drive another nail into their oil coffin.

Maybe that is why Mr. O and the demonrats don't want Keystone, they want us to be dependent on moslum oil? The Saudis like China and Russia pretend to be our friends but in reality, they want to enslave us and take or money. Our liberal leadership is helping them accomplish just that.

I think it's easy to see how our economy reacts favorably when we have cheap energy. When we look out for ourselves and depend less on outside help, we tend to thrive.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is just no way we can compete with their costs, no way, so it's going to be tough. We can certainly bring the cost down by drilling and pumping more, but we will never be able to get down to their price.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OPEC was created for that very purpose.

Like it or not, oil is on the worldwide market.

Yes, the drilling in the Bakken, Eagle Ford and Wolf Camp have eased the oil market somewhat, but those fields are just now getting into decent production. And with OPEC dropping the price by glutting the market, it is fast becoming unprofitable for American oil producers to drill and frack.

Prices will adjust.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Now that we are exploiting a large oil resource of our own and we currently have a glut of oil I say let them cut. I thought that was why we started exploiting the Bakken reserve so we did not have to be dependent on Middle east oil. We have achieved independence so I say let them eat their oil. If the Keystone pipeline were to ever get started, it would drive another nail into their oil coffin.

Maybe that is why Mr. O and the demonrats don't want Keystone, they want us to be dependent on moslum oil? The Saudis like China and Russia pretend to be our friends but in reality, they want to enslave us and take or money. Our liberal leadership is helping them accomplish just that.

I think it's easy to see how our economy reacts favorably when we have cheap energy. When we look out for ourselves and depend less on outside help, we tend to thrive.

kwg

problem is, and this is a 10 year old figure, oil has to stay above $60 a barrel for there to be drilling in the Bakken, its phuggin expensive to punch a hole and even with modern siesmographing techniques only about 1 in 3 holes produce enough to more than pay for themselves in a reasonable period of time....

contrary to what some seem to think, the Bakken is not a new deposit, this is its third oil boom, it closes down every time oil gets cheap

Last edited by rattler; 11/28/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
It's going to become very unprofitable for American producers to produce.

But, when things "collapse", they tend to recover quickly. (everything requires oil)

Personally, I'd rather have $4 gas and a booming domestic drilling program than $2 gas and a small domestic drilling program.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin

But, when things "collapse", they tend to recover quickly. (everything requires oil)

Personally, I'd rather have $4 gas and a booming domestic drilling program than $2 gas and a small domestic drilling program.

Not so quickly sometimes.

For over 20 years the Permian Basin looked like a ghost town, and the rig count was negligible.

Major oil companies based in Denver crashed in the 80's, and subsequent job loss, and housing glut it caused spilled over onto the entire Denver area and recessed the economy there until about Y2k.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We are and always have been energy independent. We just choose not to be.
Makes some sense if you think about it. He who has oil last wins.....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Calvin

Not so quickly sometimes.

For over 20 years the Permian Basin looked like a ghost town, and the rig count was negligible.

Major oil companies based in Denver crashed in the 80's, and subsequent job loss, and housing glut it caused spilled over onto the entire Denver area and recessed the economy there until about Y2k.

booms in the Bakken were in the early 50's, the 70's and starting big again around 2006.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I cant wait until the Hajis run out of oil so we can tell them to p h u c k off! Doubt I will be around to see it, but it would be nice.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Refining is the key. Oil is worthless with out refineries. With out help the muzzies would be lost. They can't get it out of the ground or refine it alone. If we let their equipment break down or wear out their done. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the saudi's surely do not like us drilling our own stuff, but they are also limited in cutting production due to their need to sell their stuff to support their own population.
Oil/energy is not going away however, given the increasing need for it worldwide, we are not the only one with a straw at the well.
Also given rates on bank deposits, those dividends start looking pretty good.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
OPEC has quite a bit less pull than they did 30 years ago (and they know it too, if the Saudi's statement this week is any guide). It's a truly global commodity now and OPEC doesn't have the policing powers it used to.

they can affect the price, but not like they could in the 70s

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This must be putting pressures on Venezuela(sp) to try and keep things going there.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Even if the OPEC types are successful, the oil will still be here. Waiting for the prices to go up. Therefore, what I expect will happen (behind the scenes, of course) is for OPEC type money to find itself into the hands of environmentalists and politicians to impede further drilling, fracking, ect. in order to make our production more difficult.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
What is worrisome to me is that much of our economic recovery has been based on higher oil prices. Sure it'll put a few more dollars in the hands of consumers and drivers, but if this is truly a "bust", we are going to see some major pain.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Calvin:

How do you see it that way. Wouldn't lower fuel prices help those in agriculture, transport, etc. in addition to the consumer driven boost to the economy (a mini wealth affect impact)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We should really read up on exactly how much it costs the Saudis to pump a barrel of oil...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 72 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,163
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.