Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Lostleader posted,
"1st choice - first lite
2nd choice - ice breaker (can find a deal now and then which moves it to 1st choice when happens)
3rd choice - everything else"

STP (Sierra Trading Post) is having a good sale on Icebreaker stuff right now. Their current eMail offer is 35% off plus a $20 eDeal on orders more than $125.

I just got an Icebreaker Tech long sleeved underlayer shirt for $36, a Quattro Full zip hoodie for $71 and boxer shorts for $15.57. All these prices are lower than anything I could find anywhere else.

This will be my first chance to try wool instead of synthetics at prices I can afford.

Because we're here lad. No one else, just us.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I haven't noticed a large quality, comfort or warmth difference between any of the upper tier brands that have already been mentioned. I just watch camofire and steapandcheap for good deals and pick up what I can, when I can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
First Lite Chama Hoody is badass....

Next on my "get" list.

FirstLite rocks. As does KUIU, and SmartWool. Can't attest to the rest.

Darn Tough socks are the finest I've ever owned and they have a "buy for life" (I.e., wear them out and they will replace them for free) warranty.

Of course, my wife is learning to knit. I am very much encouraging this.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bwinters
I'm also curious what sock/sock system you all are using.
Thanks.

http://darntough.com

Guaranteed for life. The best & most comfortable socks ever.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Thanks.

Thanks! Might have to give these a try. I like my Costco-special fake Smart Wools, but my feet always seem to get sweaty so looking for something different.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MNDan
Thanks.

Thanks! Might have to give these a try. I like my Costco-special fake Smart Wools, but my feet always seem to get sweaty so looking for something different.

Darn Tough is PRICEY, but worth it. I've worn out SmartWools and the fake SmartWools, and had similar sweaty issues with both. I don't seem to have that problem with the DTs, and have yet to kill a pair.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I didn't notice any difference in sweat with DarnTough, but I do think they are more comfortable.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Minus 33 lasts twice as long as Smartwool before popping holes.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MNDan
Thanks.

I talked to the man about sweaty feet. He said you can wear these socks until they'll stand up on their own, they could be stiff or crusty and still perform properly.

They may be expensive. But, it's the only sock I need in my hunting pack and I never even doubt they will do their job. It's a go-to for me.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The costco socks are definitely a "best buy". I love them.

I give my feet a blast of antiperspirant to deal with the sweaty foot. Liners help, but I've yet to find a sock that will keep my feet completely dry.

At $11.99 for a 4 pack, it's a sore dick.

I'll check out the Darn Toughs. Lifetime warranty on a sock? Sounds interesting!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Columbia makes some pretty good merino wool underwear.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Not too sound like an idiot - what is "STP"?

I thought it was an engine oil additive. Oh well............

And I thought it was a band...

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ulfrotte over silk base for me. Smartwool liner socks under cabela's ultimax with my redwings are pretty warm and dry if you are still hunting. All rubber insulated boots still get pretty sweaty after a full day of use. Might go back to Sorrels.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm also curious what sock/sock system you all are using. Been using Smartwool but wonder what else is better.

Thanks.

www.darntough.com

Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.