Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9369072 11/26/14
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I was out with my BFR in .500 JRH. Big doe came out and I dumped her. Then a huge 8 point was walking fast to my right. About 60 yards. I dumped him too. Neither took a step and were on the ground out of recoil. I made half the nose softer.
I am three for three this season with a large doe in early doe season with the BFR .475. Instant drop too. I gave the buck to my friend, he came back and got a button buck in the PM.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You already posted this. Is this how you get your big numbers, by counting them all two or three times??? Lay off the Mad Dog.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That may be too complicated for Jim to comprehend.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 4ager

Originally Posted by CraigC
That may be too complicated for Jim to comprehend.

4ager, break down for him him laymens terms.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Can shoot two in one day now.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Rules for you that can't read.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

What's so odd? I read the link and it says you can harvest 2 deer in one day, but that only one can be antlered.

Matter of fact, he posted a pic of that exact portion.

Good job bfr, nice buck!

MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
That is true, one buck a day is all. Deer do not have to be tagged at once either. You can get two before tagging any.
Thanksgiving I shot a large six point but was legal since a different day. I have the tags if anyone that can't read needs to see.
Craig and JWP. maybe I might have double posted but you guys should get a life. By the way, where the heck are your deer kills?

Last edited by bfrshooter; 11/28/14.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Darn near need a lawyer at times to interpret WV rules even with the pamphlet in hand. They change from time to time. As a landowner I call the regional DNR office and ask to speak with a warden when in doubt. Always receive a friendly informative answer.

Many of my lifelong WV resident landowner neighbors do the same.

After reading the rules one of my out of state buddies joked to me about bringing his attorney with him when he comes to hunt. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm not wading into the scuffles that go on here, but it seems to me 4ager was insinuating you did something illegal. I'd say that warrants an apology.

Unless of course I misinterpreted his post.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're right; I did. You're right; it does. Apology extended. The WV regs have changed (AGAIN) from when I last hunted there. It used to be a single antlerless only, draw only, and during the antlerless only season. If it has changed as it appears to have, my apologies for insinuating an unlawful act on your part bfrshooter.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good man.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I try daily. I fall short daily, but I continue to try.

Thanks.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
That is true, one buck a day is all. Deer do not have to be tagged at once either. You can get two before tagging any.
Thanksgiving I shot a large six point but was legal since a different day. I have the tags if anyone that can't read needs to see.
Craig and JWP. maybe I might have double posted but you guys should get a life. By the way, where the heck are your deer kills?

I killed a big doe six hours ago but why should I give a damn about posting pics to impress you???

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

I killed a big doe six hours ago but why should I give a damn about posting pics to impress you???

I don't need to be impressed. But a few of you are school bullies. I am so old I could care less and you don't bother me. You imply I did something wrong and get others to see what you want.
Maybe a few others want to see your doe. It would be OK to show a button buck too, We don't need a trophy. You would be no less with a yearling.
keyboards do not make meat.
The problem is you never show what you say yet criticize any that do. I am quite happy with a yearling, best to eat. Never got antlers tender enough to eat.
The fact is, the wife did not like me killing the bucks, she prefers them to breed.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I didn't imply anything and could care less if you're a poacher. I only pointed out that you posted the same thing twice and postulated that that must be how you get to such lofty numbers. Numbers that seem to grow exponentially every time you throw them up.

You're right, keyboards don't make meat. However, they pay me a lot of money to sit here and peck at this keyboard. Which beats the hell out of slinging luggage 40hrs a week. As I have already explained to you, I do all my hunting in the evening, because I am self employed and work 365 days a year. So all my deer are killed late and it's usually dark by the time I get to them. I could give a crap less to have a bunch of pics taken in the dark with the flash. Unlike you, I don't hunt so I can post pics and brag on the internet. Now you can take that as complete and utter bullshit if you like. I really don't care. Posting a pic of the doe I killed yesterday is not going to prove anything. This ain't a dick measuring contest.

Besides, I have given you ample opportunity to prove yourself to me and the rest of the world, all while earning a hefty profit and all I heard was crickets. As far as I'm concerned, you're all hot air & whiskey fumes and no substance.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Posting twice means I forgot a previous one. Is that a crime?. No, I tell you how many and do not add with another post. Main reason for the posts anyway was to show I got the .500 JRH to work with a little bit of a soft nose. It was failing with a full hard boolit.
I made half the ogive with 3# of pure and 1# of WW metal and thought some would like the info. Actually it is still too harsh on deer.
you should show your expertise so others can learn. What are you here for except to brag, I show what things do. A good hunter might appreciate some things.
You say you don't care if I poach, be careful what you say and read the laws. I can kill two deer a day so do not accuse me of anything. You might be the short end of a stick. I have legal tags. Deer I gave away are with my permission letter and my tags. You are so easy with lies to dispute.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

How was the 500 JRH failing, with hard cast ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 75 invisible), 3,022 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.