Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These things can be touchy for the police. We have a constitutional right to assemble peaceably. I have no idea what went on in LA, whether it was peaceable or not, but a wrong judgement call can sometimes land the cops in real hot water. This article doesn't mention broken windows or damaged cars so it doesn't tell us much about what went on.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
They made 145 arrests, made a good show of force, made an example out of the protesters, and let everyone know it was not going to get out of hand. Plus let them out for Thanksgiving. All in all, I think they did a great job. I especially enjoyed the way they herded the crowd almost into corrals and then picked them up. Anyway to the LAPD, Good job!

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What did they do to justify the arrests? If they broke the law, I'm all for it, but I haven't read anything in the news yet that says they did anything other than march and shout. Did They?
Here's what I've found:
Protesters again faced off with Los Angeles police beginning in the morning and into the night Wednesday, when 130 protesters were arrested for unlawful assembly and failure to disperse near Sixth and Hope streets in downtown Los Angeles.

What is 'unlawful assembly'? The constitution says they can assemble peaceably. As long as they didn't start throwing stuff, the police may have overstepped their authority. If they were arrested only for assembling, the police violated their constitutional rights.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The police can never overstep their authority and they have near total immunity for anything they might want to do.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blocking traffic is not peaceful. You do not have the right to stop me from traveling.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
What did they do to justify the arrests? If they broke the law, I'm all for it, but I haven't read anything in the news yet that says they did anything other than march and shout. Did They?
Here's what I've found:
Protesters again faced off with Los Angeles police beginning in the morning and into the night Wednesday, when 130 protesters were arrested for unlawful assembly and failure to disperse near Sixth and Hope streets in downtown Los Angeles.

What is 'unlawful assembly'? The constitution says they can assemble peaceably. As long as they didn't start throwing stuff, the police may have overstepped their authority. If they were arrested only for assembling, the police violated their constitutional rights.

So lawful assembly means you can block streets and beat on cars. Bet if it was your car being beat one you would change your tune!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Read my posts. I said that I DON'T KNOW what they did. The reports I've read say nothing about them doing any damage. That's what I'm trying to find out. The reports only say they were only arrested for 'unlawful assembly', whatever that is.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am pretty sure stopping traffic by standing in the 'eff'n street would be considered "unlawul assembly by anyone reasonable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anything the officers say it is, just like disorderly conduct and many other offenses.

Hope the LAPD raped a few of them to really put them in their place like OK officers have been doing.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I thought the article was pretty clear. They blocked roads, beat on cars, lay down in the streets and attempted to take over a freeway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
The police can never overstep their authority and they have near total immunity for anything they might want to do.

you might wanna switch hosses chief

that one trick pony appears to be about worn out wink

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I saw on the news you have to have a permit in NYC ....what ......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Really. Go back to Take It Kneeling and tell us about your Spec Ops training and marathon athlete prowess.

Sean
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Not a one trick pony, worn out or otherwise. Police are rarely charged for engaging in the same activities civilians would be imprisoned for. They are protected in those activities by statute, their fellow officers, prosecutors, and judges

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
I saw on the news you have to have a permit in NYC ....what ......

Same thing with getting a fiream in most places, permission is needed from authority fisrt. Should have to get a permit of some sort to put locks on personal property since police should be able to inspect anything they want, anytime they want. I like how you think, brother.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Read my posts. I said that I DON'T KNOW what they did. The reports I've read say nothing about them doing any damage. That's what I'm trying to find out. The reports only say they were only arrested for 'unlawful assembly', whatever that is.

You could start by reading the article. There were several hundred people blocking streets and banging on cars.

Streets are made for friggin cars. If you wanna act the fool and block the streets you can go to jail. It ain't comolicated.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The question is: What is unlawful assembly? Blocking traffic? Ticket them for j-walking. Did they damage the cars? Arrest them for vandalism. They did neither. They arrested them for unlawful assembly which appears to me to blatantly unconstitutional.
Would you object if they confiscated guns that they were legally carrying? Why defend one part of the constitution but ignore another? They have a right to assemble and protest as long as it stays peaceful. How do the police define 'unlawful assembly'?

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, if they were assembled and breaking the law....the assembly was unlawful.

It ain't rocket surgery.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Apparently it is.

MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.