Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kudu3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Need help from anyone less technologically challenged than me. My son is home from UA and REALLY wants to watch the UA vs ASU football game on Friday. We live in MN and Fox is not showing the game here on my cable company( SCI).

Can I buy something extra from the cable co to get the game or can I get it on my computer and connect the computer to the TV?

If the latter, I will need help to do it. I am limited in my computer abilities.

I would really appreciate any help.

Dean

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It is very likely that UA sports has a streaming feed that your son should be able to get on his laptop, provided you have a good internet service that will accommodate a streaming video. It's like watching a movie online, you'll need lots of band width.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Another thought. The Pac12 network may have a streaming feature that will allow you to watch it on a laptop. Your son should log onto the Pac12 website to see if he can catch it there.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can stream it here:
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/american-football.html

Or you may be able to call around and find it televised somewhere, bar/sportsbar etc.

BEAR DOWN, go CATS!!!

I'll be deer hunting so I won't be able to see it but I bet we can get it on the radio in camp.

K
kudu3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks for all your help. We will try those ideas. If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate them.

GO CATS-- Bear Down.

Dean

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Check ESPN.com the day of the game.

FOX.com also streams games.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

K
kudu3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks again for all the help. Any other suggestions?

Dean

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by kudu3
Thanks for all your help. We will try those ideas. If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate them.

GO CATS-- Bear Down.

Dean

Can't help with the technical question you ask. Sorry.

Go ASU!!! Incidentally, I was reading on the web that the ASU vs UofA rivalry is the most intense rivalry in college football.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
just to keep the record straight, that school down in tucson is referred to as the University of northern sonora, and it's not CATS, it's kitties. As in wildkitties.
Every so often the devils have to put the kitties in their place, there is a reason it's located 60miles from mexico.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wiziwig

DISCLAIMER: I have adblock running and never have any problems. Without it, almost all streaming sites have popups.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kudu 3, I hope your son is able to watch the game, but that ASU wins.

Originally Posted by RoninPhx
just to keep the record straight, that school down in tucson is referred to as the University of northern sonora, and it's not CATS, it's kitties. As in wildkitties.
Every so often the devils have to put the kitties in their place, there is a reason it's located 60miles from mexico.

Retired cat herder.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am ashamed to admit it, but a number of years ago i had a niece graduate from the university of northern sonora. I was at the commencement address in bear down stadium, i think it was called.
the speaker said he wished he could wish the graduates a good future but that evil bush was in office and they didn't have a chance. I started growling, and my wife elbowed me and said, do you remember the alamo? You are surrounded. Sometimes, it's just worth it. Tuscon is good for a pitstop tho, to pee in the bushes on the way down to sierra vista.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anytime that THE University of Arizona plays Haydens Ferry Normal School (HFNS), it is a good game!

Bear Down Arizona! I think an astronaut spoke at the last commencement I went to, or a planetary geologist, whatever he was!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knock them down, take their ball, and score a touchdown!

Sycamore

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
14-14 damn!

K
kudu3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I am not one to pour salt in a wound, but I believe the Territorial Cup may be on a fast one way trip south at this time. Great game and a great rivalry. I was a little unimpressed in ASU's play during the kneeldown at the end of the game, but tempers flare.

On to a meeting with Oregon. It will be a tough one, but UA beat them earlier in the year. Bear down-GO CATS.

Dean

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Anytime that THE University of Arizona plays Haydens Ferry Normal School (HFNS), it is a good game!

Bear Down Arizona! I think an astronaut spoke at the last commencement I went to, or a planetary geologist, whatever he was!

Sycamore

well sycamore, that explains a lot, and you know what i mean.
You might mention living in flagstaff, the opposite end of the state to get away from the UofA. As to the astronaut thing, probably was giffords husband or some other space cadet.

K
kudu3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Wow, a little sour grapes. Flagstaff is a beautiful place with a lot of advantages over Tucson. More hunting, less people, great scenery, less crime, etc. but I can think of a lot of places less desirable than Tucson and its suburbs also.

Bear down- GO CATS.

Dean

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dean,

it's all in good fun. Ron and I tease each other about that stuff all the time. (esp the Territorial Cup!) grin

I'm pretty sure the speaker was Eugene Shoemaker, who never made it to the moon alive, but part of him is up there now! He headed up the USGS extra-planetary geology program, in Flagstaff. (Comet Shoemaker-Levy is partially named for him and his wife).
I saw an old commencement program the other day, which reminded me.

Sycamore

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Dean,

it's all in good fun. Ron and I tease each other about that stuff all the time. (esp the Territorial Cup!) grin

I'm pretty sure the speaker was Eugene Shoemaker, who never made it to the moon alive, but part of him is up there now! He headed up the USGS extra-planetary geology program, in Flagstaff. (Comet Shoemaker-Levy is partially named for him and his wife).
I saw an old commencement program the other day, which reminded me.

Sycamore

i can tell you, sort of, some interesting times at lowell observatory at night during the late 60's and 70's but probably shouldn't. As well as the lava tubes. You could get high just walking in there.
And I will never forget that "blue haze" hanging over the whole dorm at old main. Flagstaff isn't what it use to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.