Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Was at my local Wal-Mart today looking for a 243. My cousin called me about getting one for her son for Christmas this year so I figured I'd check things out while I was there. Was looking for a Ruger American or Marlin XS7 but they didn't have any. However they did have a Rem 700 SPS packaged with a cheap scope for $377. Then the sales guy told me that Friday all guns will be an extra 20% off bringing the price down to about $302.

Called my cousin and she is going to go pick it up as she's always one of those day after Thanksgiving shoppers. I may get one myself if they have any more.

Just thought I would pass on the info.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
BP-B6

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Some second cousin is gonna be a happy camper! That's a great deal even without the scope. Way to go Cuz!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't go to Wally World on Black Friday if they were on sale for $249.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Wal-Mart is a bad place to be on Black Friday. I'll call first to see if they have any more at that price before I go out there. Once she gets the rifle in hand, I'll be looking for a youth stock for it, if anyone has one lying around. He's still a little small, but they can put the full size stock up and use it in a few years.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My nephew managed to get one of the camo stocked 243 700's they had for under $300.00 a month or so back. I've got him talked out of it but haven't seen him to get it. I should have it turkey day. grin

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Remington has a $35 rebate on the ADL on their website.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
$40 on the SPS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am rifle poor at moment but know my local Wally Whirled folks pretty well. Need to check what they got in right now and if they'll tag one for me and hold til Friday...

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Is that a CTR? ^

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Actually I've never been anywhere on black friday( how do we get away with calling it that.....) except a deer blind that I can recall.

My wife may have been a few times, but didn't like the crowds... she is now at the deer lease with me on those stupid days....

OTOH I could be talked into going into one for a gun, just that and walk out again... but if its first come... forget it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You can put it on layaway now for 10% and then get the sale price all weekend. Just an FYI.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Actually I've never been anywhere on black friday( how do we get away with calling it that.....) except a deer blind that I can recall.

^^^This^^^

Yep. I'll be spending Black Friday same place as I always do. In a deer blind at the Ranch. Same place I've spent the day after Thanksgiving all of my life.

And I'd rather pay extra for anything than go buy it from Wallmart. I'd much prefer to keep my LGS in business.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Dooger
You can put it on layaway now for 10% and then get the sale price all weekend. Just an FYI.

Was gonna say the same thing... except my local store has to have 50% down. I got a great deal on my son an 1187 20ga full camo for under $500 out the door at wally world about 6 weeks ago.
He's gonna be real happy on Christmas

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not a bad idea for a donor

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Dooger

Tried that at my local store - manager (I guess, he had a walkie-talkie) wouldn't go for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Is that a CTR? ^

Yeah, why I'm rifle poor right now.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I like gun shopping in January. Deer season is over and everyone is trying to sell sheit to pay some of their Christmas bills.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I try not to buy anything at Wal-Mart no matter how low the prices are. The local gun store seems to pay a living wage ( little turnover of help) and I don't have to put up with a gaggle of snaggle toothed meth heads on both sides of the counter. I also like the fact that a greater portion of my money stays in the community.

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well she got him the rifle, and since they had 2, she picked up the other one for me. grin

Already had a fellow member here contact me about a shortened ADL stock he has with Limbsaver. 12.5 LOP should be about right. After he uses it for a couple of years, maybe my nephew will need it, then got a niece coming up behind.

Been checking out some of Seafire's posts. Think I'm gonna get some IMR 4198 to go with my Sierra 85s for some good reduced loads.

I've got a Swift Premier 3.5-10x44 lying around that I'm not using that should be a pretty good step up from the Rem branded thing that came on it. I think cousin should be happy by Christmas!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tate, you were tight on the money. 301.60+ tax when I stopped for dog food on the way home from deer hunting they still had a 30-06 and a 270 at that price. The 243's were gone earlier in the day. I handled the 270 but it made me nervous and I kept swiveling my head, the clerk asked what's wrong? and I told him I was making sure no one was fixing to poke me in the ass. He didn't get it but I don't suppose too many Walltworld clerks read the 24 hr campfire either.Don't need any donors but one in 243 would have got a max dose of 105 A-MAX's run thru it for sure. Magnum Man

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
596 members (007FJ, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.