Phase 2

[Linked Image]

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
My Winchesters say "made in New Haven Connecticut, U.S. of America." And that's the way it's gonna stay around here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will try to buy in the USA in the future if the unions don't screw that up too...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When (if) the M94/22 returns - whether Portugal or Japan in origin, it will definitely hurt the sales of Henry lever 22s. Quality and/or price are always foremost considerations when people part with their money.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Honestly I just picked one up. Made in US, assembled in Portugal. Really nice stock figure/grain, excellent checkering, blueing is fantastic. Not shot it yet cause it's going to become something else but it is a lot nicer than the SC made one I have in 30-06.

Yes, I'd rather they were still a USA made firearm. Once I have the .257 Wby barrel there will be no "Portugal" anywhere on the gun because the action says "MADE IN USA" smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are the individual parts all now made in Portugal as well?

New M70s have been hard to get in this country. Dealers and distributors have been citing this Portugal thing as a reason.

Any supply difficulties over there in the US?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They lost me with the "MOA" trigger... this is just the final nail.

Truth is, I like Portugal a lot, have traveled there, and own a couple Leica products made there... I just have no interest anything marked "Winchester" being made there... like Blackheart, anything I own marked "Winchester" will be from New Haven, Connecticut.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet they are better guns. I'd also bet that if they were built here they way they "should" be, they'd cost twice as much. Hell, there's probably a $400 Winchester on the horizon.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My Winchesters say "made in New Haven Connecticut, U.S. of America." And that's the way it's gonna stay around here.

Hell yes. Same here..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'd bet they are better guns. I'd also bet that if they were built here they way they "should" be, they'd cost twice as much. Hell, there's probably a $400 Winchester on the horizon.

You guessed it.....
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/interactive/firearms/xpr/

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Win-tikka, Rem-tikka, Rug-tikka, Thom-tikka....

Tikka's "suck" yet everyone copies. Now they'll be a page full of threads about the new Win vs Tikka.

Where's the Sav-tikka? Kim-tikka?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Wow doesn't even look like like a Winchester.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Damn, Winchester done gone and built a Ruger American. What's next? Kreighoff going to build a Stoeger Uplander?
John

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Tikka's "suck" yet everyone copies. Now they'll be a page full of threads about the new Win vs Tikka.

I'll go on record as to admit, I've never said Tikka's suck. They are damn fine accurate rifles, I just like my pre 64's better laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Brad
They lost me with the "MOA" trigger... this is just the final nail.

Truth is, I like Portugal a lot, have traveled there, and own a couple Leica products made there... I just have no interest anything marked "Winchester" being made there... like Blackheart, anything I own marked "Winchester" will be from New Haven, Connecticut.

+1 Bought one a few weeks ago and am going back to the shop to get its companion chambered in another cartridge in the next week or so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I'll go on record as to admit, I've never said Tikka's suck. They are damn fine accurate rifles, I just like my pre 64's better laugh

No comparison, a guy looking for either aint going to be satisfied with the other.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Winchester was an American icon. Sad thing....no matter how good I'll by the old ones thank you...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't blame Winchester, its the American way. Plus, there's very little, if any obsolescence in firearms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldBrownDog

You guessed it.....
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/interactive/firearms/xpr/

WOW, that is sinking to a new low.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will say it again avg joe blow isn't going to sink 800-2000 grand in a rifle, like some of you big rollers. They see these it fits their need and checkbook... I go to the rifle range and these type of rifles dominate the scene. I think it's good for the industry myself. But some don't think so..as for winchester again thank the union at the new haven plant for the demise of American made winchesters.. For those of you who easily forget FN asked the union to renegotiate the contract they were losing money on the rifles, but the fine employees said no but we want more money...

Last edited by 79S; 11/30/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 62 invisible), 3,027 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.