24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then again, Hal if I know what's up with it.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by atvalaska
yumm t bones! ...any beer near me /u will be worked like a rented mule to earn... if'n I aint drank'em all !! lol

He be making my beer look easy, huh Randy?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image] purple..... gold dust ...hard to see rainbow as it moves with the light ...but u get the idea > [Linked Image]

atvalaska;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully other than being in possession of the off colored moose meat this finds you folks doing well.

I've been following this thread with interest as I grew up eating Saskatchewan moose and then have eaten some BC moose since then and this is new to me.

If you're so inclined I for one would love to see what the "folks in the know" tell you if and when they do.

Thanks again for aiding in my continuing education sir and all the best to you and yours this Christmas season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
[Linked Image] purple..... gold dust ...hard to see rainbow as it moves with the light ...but u get the idea > [Linked Image]

atvalaska;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully other than being in possession of the off colored moose meat this finds you folks doing well.

I've been following this thread with interest as I grew up eating Saskatchewan moose and then have eaten some BC moose since then and this is new to me.

If you're so inclined I for one would love to see what the "folks in the know" tell you if and when they do.

Thanks again for aiding in my continuing education sir and all the best to you and yours this Christmas season.

Dwayne

uh me and ironbender, & kliktarik have already chimed in on this subject

that's as good as it's gonna get Dwayne

well unless those smartalecs las and Sitka deer chime in

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2legit;
My goodness Randy I am now quite embarrassed and didn't mean to slight such august opinions as you or my other two cyber friends from Alaska offered.

I must confess though that my reading comprehension must be suffering somewhat - or better said my ability to read between the lines or understand local jargon. blush

Anyway Randy, I'm certain I'd not have thought of Klick's solution - notice how I worked solution into an ammonia based answer...... wink

All the best to you folks this Christmas for sure though and may all your moose meat be "normal" colored too. laugh

Dwayne

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol! somehow I think we'll get over it Dwayne!

Oh but I wish you and yours the very merriest of Christmases and a prosperous and happy 2015!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
2legit;
My goodness Randy I am now quite embarrassed and didn't mean to slight such august opinions as you or my other two cyber friends from Alaska offered.

I must confess though that my reading comprehension must be suffering somewhat - or better said my ability to read between the lines or understand local jargon. blush

Anyway Randy, I'm certain I'd not have thought of Klick's solution - notice how I worked solution into an ammonia based answer...... wink

All the best to you folks this Christmas for sure though and may all your moose meat be "normal" colored too. laugh

Dwayne

Yeah, our opinions were the same 4 months ago. laugh

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ironbender;
laugh laugh laugh

Most excellent to hear that sir! wink

Hopefully all is well with you and your fine family and the fall and ensuing winter has been treating you folks OK.

All the best to you all this Christmas season sir.

Dwayne

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I've seen that rainbow on fresh fish fillets too where the meat is cut across the grain.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2legit;

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

uh me and ironbender, & kliktarik have already chimed in on this subject

that's as good as it's gonna get Dwayne

well unless those smartalecs las and Sitka deer chime in

Dwayne, Sadly, I'm afraid 2L2Q might be correct. (And if that ain't a sad commentary on the expertise we've come to expect - and put up with- on these topics, I don't know what is. laugh )

wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm honored........I think?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
well here is the reply, that I got this weekend from the fish and game biologist > ***************** Here�s what our wildlife veterinarian said:

""The description of ��color, a sheen of sorts ,that looks like the gold dust/rainbow/green sheen�� is serous atrophy of fat, just means all the lipid has been used up and this is what remains of the connective tissue that used to be fatty. The animal had just used up its fat stores and was starting to atrophy. So it could be a whole body thing if the animal was �starving� or in a single limb in the animal wasn�t using the limb and the muscles were starting to waste."""

Best regards, ....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
imo ...my kid shot a lazy moose .... lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well here is the reply, that I got this weekend from the fish and game biologist > ***************** Here�s what our wildlife veterinarian said:

""The animal had just used up its fat stores and was starting to atrophy. So it could be a whole body thing if the animal was �starving� or in a single limb in the animal wasn�t using the limb and the muscles were starting to waste."""

You can expect to hear them look to "control" the 'overpopulated' herd by managing for more predators (wolves).

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, sure. They only eat the sick and injured.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
thanks for the update! I was curious.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks ATV. If that's true, it makes sense with the whitetail buck I shot that had all that coloration, he looked like he had been running/breeding himself to death, zero fat. Gosh, I hope I go out of this world with a big 'ole rainbow shine on me! smile

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
466 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.