Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
KUIUs fabrics have always come from overseas. They were labeled and "made in North America" (for their first year 2011/12) which meant they were assembled by Chinese migrants in Vancouver BC. Now the cut an sew function is done by Toray subsidiaries in China and Vietnam.

Obviously a sensitive issue for many, but when you look at all the details (supply chain, volume, growth, and who was sewing jackets/pants together before) i think it's a bit blown out of proportion. Though the labeling/branding was a bit of a snafu on KUIUs part...I never figured it would last with reasonable growth.

If I had the capital, I'd start a hunting clothing company here in America...because no one would every by anyone else's gear ever again. wink

Last edited by jryoung; 10/23/14.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

GB1

D
D
Originally Posted by setch
Originally Posted by jryoung

One wouldn't think it's too hard to get everyone aligned to follow a single protocol, but in practice it is quite difficult.

You are right, it is not that hard. It requires strong leadership within the organization. From that point, aligning to a single protocol or CS approach is pretty easy.

You are absolutely correct. And honestly, when you're a high profile company like they are, located where they are, finding quality people is not all that tough. It all comes to training and then following through on the execution of that training. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by DWarcher; 11/01/14.
J
jockc Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I'm speculating a bit here, but Ben explained to me he and a bunch of the regulars had been on a caribou trip. It's possible I got a brand new kid. Not a happy experience, but with the help of you guys it got turned around, and Ben's explanation adds context.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Why don't you disgruntled customers file against Kuiu to the BBB or the State Attorney General? I have done so before.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think its unreasonable to ask people to try their things on when they receive them, no matter how busy they are. If the garment would have been tried on when received the flaw should have been noticed. The buyer has as much responsibility to check over their merchandise when they receive it as the seller does in sending the proper merchandise in the first place.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just had a sizing concern with Kuiu. Ordered a 145 base layer top and it is great. Ordered a 210 base bottom in XL. I have a 37" waist and it fit fine. However I have a 30" inseam, the sizing chart said all non rain gear would have 34" inseam so I expected some extra length. Instead the leg bottom barely reaches the bottom of my calf. Emailed them and the response was that base bottoms are sized short in the inseam to aid in layering and the sizing chart failed to point that out. Anyone else experience this? They did offer to allow a return which I am considering. Just seems like a cheap shortcut to save cost. Why would you design a heavy base layer to not cover all the way to the ankle? If you have used the base bottoms give me your input so I can decide if I should return or not.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (204guy, 222Sako, 257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,519
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.