Print Thread
Hop To
H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have purchased airguns/accessories from Pyramid air and Airgun Depot over the years, like to shoot my airguns. Was looking at the current Pyramid Airgun catalog that they mailed me and am bewildered at the huge selection of airguns that you can buy, from very expensive Olympic German rifles to Crosman/Daisy cheapies.

I routinely bring my pellet guns to the local gun range, have never seen anyone else do that, ever. The other shooters just bring regular firearms. I often shoot at 50 yards so I use my RWS 34 pellet rifle, does well. The few people I know who have airguns only have 1-2 of them. If this was Europe or Asia where gun ownership was heavily restricted I could see why Pyramid air would offer so many to choose from, but you can go out and buy a 30-06 rifle or a 9 MM Beretta pistol pretty easily in the USA. Does anyone know why so many of these airguns are available and where do they get used? I can imagine some of them are shot inside houses to save on money, etc. But even then I don't know of that many who do that.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
One reason may be that more states are allowing air rifles for hunting. With that being said, I only know of a couple people that use them for squirrels.
The 357 Rogue had my attention at one time but there is nothing that I could use it on around here.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
There is a culture out there that you don't know about, Gateway to airguns, or the yellow air gun forum will open your eyes, Much like the firearms culture there are casual air gun shooters like yourself and die hard addicts. I'm kind of in between with four rifles and a pistol, If I had more money I'd have more. There are plinkers, benchrest rifles, hunter models, power monsters, long range shooters, tinkerers, and inventors, all having their followings, hence the huge variety.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Some of the reason you likely don't see them at the range is many folks shoot their air rifles in their back yard. With a sound moderator they won't disturb the neighbors so shooting at home is more acceptable in many areas.

I have a few and made a jump into PCP rifles a couple years back and have a nice .22 Disco along with a carbon tank setup and a shoebox compressor to fill the 4500psi tank. It's an impressive little .22 plinker, I can shoot all day with no pumping or constantly resetting the rifle position after breaking the barrel down to reload...it's awesome. If they allowed air rifles for more game up here I could definitely see myself purchasing a big bore air rifle in 9mm or .50 cal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dixie's got it, back yard. We like to turn our kids loose in our back yards with BB guns, pellet guns, airsoft and paintball. Gets them accustomed to walking around armed, which is an essential activity in a free republic.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never taken an airgun to a range, I've always used it for plinking and practice in the back yard.

Can't wait to get our house finished, will be able to stretch to 50 yds outside, and have 10m inside. And yes, I'll be adding to my airgun collection!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Airguns are fun and legal to own most places..No other reason needed.

As to Pyramids large selection of guns, they are exclusive importers of many of those brands- German Beemans,Air Arms ,Evainix Baikal, BSA, etc...So what you are REALLY seeing is an "Airguns frim around the world" catalog from them . Due to the fact airguns ARE so important to the shooting sports in other countries,there are LOT of different models to choose from.

I think its great and the competition drives our US makers like Crosman to build better guns.t

Last edited by jk16; 12/22/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,637
Posts18,455,290
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.