Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The red dyed stuff works really good and is much cheaper. When is the last time someone stopped you and asked to look in your fuel tank???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Get checked all the time.

Last time it was some new guy and he tried writing the ticket.

Until I explained that I was almost out of fuel and had to use a little dyed from the onboard bulk tank to get back to town.

He was very understanding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Seems to me like a lot more businesses are positively affected by cheaper oil than hurt.

To bad we don't see some of that "positive effect" they're reaping.

Remember when food cost's nearly doubled because of high fuel costs?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Get a spare fuel tank for the cops to check and keep 5 gallons of good stuff in it. Put the red stuff in your secret tank and keep on truckin'

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by EdM
To those that think cheap fuel is good, well, you'll see.
High fuel has just about killed the economy in this country. Probably each one of those new oil field jobs cost 2-3 jobs in other sectors. It's a closed system. Money isn't "created" out of thin air, unless you're a bankster with access to the national printing press.

I guess I'm a little slow.

Would you mind explaining how 2-3 jobs in "other" sectors is lost, and how it's a closed system?

Since I'm slow, you could start by letting me know what the "other" sectors are, maybe with a simple list.

However, I'm most interested in the "closed system" part, so if you could explain that in simple terms it would help me a lot.

Thanks.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oil is the 'bubble' of flavor this time around, housing, metals... it's the same circle. Anyone not understanding the rise and crashes in any of those markets hasn't paid attention. It'd be nice if prices for any of those products were stable, not to high or not to low. But that's not how any of those markets work.

Kent, well put. High fuel helped make the housing crash the last time as most people were maxed out on payments and when the fuel got high, they had to choose where to make their payments. Fuel to go to work or a house payment, on a house that was most likely a lot more house than they should have bought. People were buying houses that should never have been given a loan to start with, and they could not pay for them. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The red dyed stuff works really good and is much cheaper. When is the last time someone stopped you and asked to look in your fuel tank???

They do it pretty regular in farm country. Especially grain trucks, but they check pickups too. Tickets are high so I am told. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Enjoy it while it lasts. Once the Saudis kill of the weaker, higher production cost competition and put the breaks on US exploration and production, you'll see the prices skyrocket again. The low prices are benefit to consumers in the short term but strategically it's going to create instability in many countries.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Fuel drops $1/gallon we might save $600-700 a month. Not huge savings, but I guess it all adds up.

Multiply that X 12 for the year and its nothing to sneeze at when you have a small operation.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by milespatton

Tickets are high so I am told. miles

You cheat the government out of revenue when you run red fuel, they will make you wish you paid the tax. They came right to my yard and dipped fuel tanks already. The savings on the couple of thousand gallons I burn a year isn't worth the fine that would be levied.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Get a spare fuel tank for the cops to check and keep 5 gallons of good stuff in it. Put the red stuff in your secret tank and keep on truckin'
A guy I knew got fined about $80,000 for those type shenanigans. They will check you and the penalty is significant.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
People bitch and moan about "low paying jobs" etc. Well, we have good paying jobs here in the USA.. and for blue collar folks, most of them are in the oil patch. You want just about everybody without at least a 4 year college degree making $10-15 an hour? Kill oil exploration/extraction here in the USA.

I don't even work in the oil patch, but I have the sense to know what energy independence means to us as a nation. The only reason we have seen a "boom", is because of high oil prices which spurred exploration and extraction here in the USA.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Fred Meyer has diesel for 2.59 and has been for a couple weeks. Everybody else is 3.49-3.69....

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Just paid $2.57 a gal at a truck stop in St. Francisville, LA north of Baton Rouge.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
People bitch and moan about "low paying jobs" etc. Well, we have good paying jobs here in the USA.. and for blue collar folks, most of them are in the oil patch. You want just about everybody without at least a 4 year college degree making $10-15 an hour? Kill oil exploration/extraction here in the USA.

I don't even work in the oil patch, but I have the sense to know what energy independence means to us as a nation. The only reason we have seen a "boom", is because of high oil prices which spurred exploration and extraction here in the USA.

You said it....been in it for 25 years and every time we see crude tank so does the economy. Snow ball effect..
Good for the farm? Not really. I would rather pay 4 dollars for diesel and get 7 $ for corn any day.....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I heard they are starting to test your exhaust instead of dipping your tank.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
ARCO at Lindsay and Univ was 299. Power and Queen creek was 2.97 or 2.79. Frys in Phx was 2.97.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Best price close to you is the Lindsay/Univ.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fines are high for burning red on the road. All they need to do is stick their sniffer in your tailpipe to see what you're burning. A cup of waste oil in a tank of fuel was all it used to take to stain it enough so the color couldn't be identified.

I like the low cost. After machine purchase price, fuel costs are my biggest expense.
I would like to see the market settle at a price where we can pump the oil on this continent and screw the diaper-heads and their crude.

Last edited by White_Bear; 12/13/14.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by milespatton

They do it pretty regular in farm country. Especially grain trucks, but they check pickups too. Tickets are high so I am told. miles

Just keep your old motor oil and add a gallon or so to each tank of red fuel. It turns it black and that is the end of that. Red fuel here is only 18 cents cheaper- not worth the hassle

NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 3,044 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.