-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As soon as someone mentions "DPS" and "elite" in the same sentence I know that they have no idea what they're talking about. DPS' ONLY function is to write tickets and fill out crash reports. They are a one trick pony and that one trick is the simplest thing we do.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
As soon as someone mentions "DPS" and "elite" in the same sentence I know that they have no idea what they're talking about. DPS' ONLY function is to write tickets and fill out crash reports. They are a one trick pony and that one trick is the simplest thing we do.

I reckon it depends on what a person expects out of a cop.

Me..... I expect Professionalism. That's it. There are probably some small LE agencies in TX that are Professional, but the DPS troopers I've interacted with have been more Professional than any others I've encountered.

For instance, I've never had one ask "What you doing with that rifle? You carry it all the time? etc. etc."

They just focus on their job, which, as you say, is to write tickets. That's Professionalism.

They're not looking for an opportunity to bust a big time criminal.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Curdog, the term commonly used to describe persons arrested as many times as you is loser. Act like a dick and get treated accordingly.

You should learn your ghetto speak for future encounters; HANDS UP-DON'T SHOOT.

MORON

mike r

I try to keep track of the members who are cops. Do I file you under "cop", which has no negative connotations, or suckass, which does?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"As I often tell people. "What is the common denominator in all these scenarios?"

There's two.

Me... and cops.

Of course, if you are predisposed to ALWAYS give the cop the benefit of the doubt, there's really not much point in responding to my posts on the subject, is there?

Maybe I ought to just take up the habit of posting internet videos rather than relate SOME my own personal experiences with cops.

What EVERY cop on this thread [is there anybody else?] has conveniently failed to address is that in all these encounters, I WAS PROVEN TO BE INNOCENT OF THE CHARGES.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
See, now you understand my position on Christians.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I not trying to be sarcastic, but here's what you just said....

A "professional" cop is a government funded trigger puller who exists solely for the purpose of extracting money from citizens for minor traffic violations without attempting to actually locate or apprehend bad guys.

Originally Posted by curdog4570
They just focus on their job, which, as you say, is to write tickets. That's Professionalism.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's my kinda guy.

I wish more LE would behave this way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I not trying to be sarcastic, but here's what you just said....

A "professional" cop is a government funded trigger puller who exists solely for the purpose of extracting money from citizens for minor traffic violations without attempting to actually locate or apprehend bad guys.

[quote=curdog4570]They just focus on their job, which, as you say, is to write tickets. That's Professionalism.

[/quote

You must have copied that from TRH or Barak, Blue. It's not even close to what I posted.

This is what you evidently missed:

"They just focus on their job,.......... "

Apparently your job is different from theirs, but, whatever it is, as a PROFESSIONAL, you should just focus on it.

Then, if you observe another cop acting UNPROFESSIONAL, you should hold him accountable.

THAT's the premise of my O.P.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
See, now you understand my position on Christians.

Maybe. What I REALLY see on this thread is that cop/members take the side of cops in my past WHOM THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EXCEPT THAT THEY WERE COPS.

It gives me reason to doubt just how diligent they are in policing the ranks of their own departments. Which, as I claimed, is the only way to get rid of bad cops.

But.... having a forgiving, Christian, nature, I'm gonna take it that they just can't separate my personality from the principles involved in the experiences I posted, and are -to a man- dedicated public servants who privately condemn the actions of bad cops.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Maybe. What I've REALLY seen in past threads is that Christian/members take the side of Christians in my past WHOM THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EXCEPT THAT THEY WERE CHRISTIANS.

See, that was easy

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well... THIS Christian often finds himself at odds with the majority of other Christian/members.

Since Christians and Cops both don't like me, shouldn't that prove I'm an alright guy?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You vaguely remind me of that Cyprus hill song.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
You vaguely remind me of that Cyprus hill song.

Never heard of that which you speak. Elaborate, or not, as it suits you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Corrupt cops aren't a serious problem. Better worry about the progressive fascists, such as Tyrant Obama the Liar, destroying our country.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ask the guy who got shot in the ass for reaching for his billfold which of the two SEEMED to be the biggest problem to HIM at the time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Wrong. It's nothing more than sharing a perspective that nobody else has. It's not something we like either, but it is something that we have to live with, and it helps sometimes to know that somebody else has seen what you have seen. Kinda like rehab.

Yep! Like I pointed out before, most here are just jealous that their co-workers would attempt to stop them if they were committing assault(regular or sexual) while police know that their solidarity would get them assistance from practically any other cop in the country. Pure envy, nothing more.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your probably right. FWIW, I wish you wouldn't do stuff like that.

CHL's made it unnecessary since BOTH parties have it spelled out exactly what is required when their paths cross.

Of course, the CHL holder probably knows the regs better than the AVERAGE cop he's likely to encounter.

Well duh. The CHL holder is subject to law. LE enforce the laws(including ones they make up at times), but generally will not get punished when they violate those same laws.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You probably don't realize you have a mental problem, do you?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You probably don't realize you have a mental problem, do you?

He'll have to check with his other persona's and get back to you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Of course, the CHL holder probably knows the regs better than the AVERAGE cop he's likely to encounter.

Well sure. For most CHL "holders", it is the only law they really know well.

Yep! And cops know they can make up laws on the fly like �making false allegations about a police officer� and all other police will arrest the perpetrator even though the offense isn't on the books. Just the kind of thing one has to do after they are spurned.

http://jonathanturley.org/2013/06/1...m-by-marshal-as-judge-ignores-her-pleas/

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 32 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.