Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Bruzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
As stated, I am building a long-range Greg using a Ruger am 77 Marktwo action and a number 8/bull barrel fluted chambered for 26 modular and 1:8 twist. I plan to try the 120 TTSXs TSX Barnes, 130 Berger hunting in the 140 Berger hunting out of this rig.

This is a picture of the rig with a smaller contour barrel which is a number three showing which of course is going to be replaced by the rock Creek five are barrel� Which brings me to my questions.

1. Suggested barrel lengths� I was thinking short and fat and going with a 24 or 25 inch.
2) I plan to do the stock in HydraGraphics Anna primarily black and gray pattern and high polish all metal surfaces� Which scope would you recommend with that combination.?
3. Since I am running short on funds at this point I am considering the SWFA Super sSniper 12 X or 16 X� Those of you who have experience with those scopes please let me know whether they're worth the $299 Price tag.
4. Laser engraving on the polished metal surfaces leaving the flutes be blasted.

5. I suggestion of the best flush cup accessories that I could use for this rig� I would like to use a good tripod or bipod and a good sling and possibly a rear stock bag.

Any pictures of similar set ups would be much appreciated.

Have a great night

Robert

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by Bruzer; 12/15/14.

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bruzer, I take it you want to build a LR Rig on a Ruger M77 in .26 Nosler. You seem set on a Rock Creek 5R bbl, "short and fat", and want a scope that matches your planned finish on your unspecified stock. Only certain stocks will take flush cups. You are also running low on funds.
If this is your first custom rifle build. I would suggest backing up and regrouping. Having built several Custom LR Rigs on R700, M70, and Lawton 7000 actions, I can tell you first hand they cost a minor fortune, (by my standards), but are well worth it. I'm finishing my last one, exactly what I want, after almost three years. I have hunted it, but always make changes.
Build the rifle first, it will cost more than you think. BBL blanks still need chambering, fluting,(some like it, some not),fitting to action,and possible contouring and threaded/muzzle brake. Good quality trigger is a must. True action,(good smith will tell you if yours is worth it), Stock, and, bedding if necessary.
Personally, unless you have started this project, I would recommend starting with a R700, M70, or a Savage as a donor action. The R700 and Savage have a huge selection of aftermarket and factory parts, as a bonus, you can even re-barrel a Savage yourself. Both will take a number of scope mounting options, I prefer Picatinney Rail myself w/ Seekins rings. Great triggers are available for both also, along with extended box mags, DBM, and stocks.
I would hunt what I had, and take your time building your dream rifle. It's worth it in the long run !!!

Enlisted Men are Stupid, but Extremely Sly and Cunning, and bear Considerable Watching.

US Army Officers Manual of 1894

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.