Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Buzz Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
As a non-resident aren't you required to hunt with an outfitter in Saskatchewan if you are going after big game? That was my understanding from the regulations and talking to the Ministry of Environment on the phone. Are there any exceptions?

Is this guy either making the story up, or did he break a bunch or rules, or is there an exception I didn't know about that allows him to hunt "DIY" on his own?

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=827343

BP-B2

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Totally against the law. Even a non resident Canadian can't hunt there without a guide. So the fella is either a criminal or a bullshitter.

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
You can legally shoot a deer in a fenced enclosure in Saskatchewan. That doesn't require an "outfitter" in the traditional sense, just a deer farmer with a licensed operation. You can shoot more than one, if you have the money.
Our wild deer are a different story. Non-resident aliens must use the services of an outfitter, and the limit is one.
So this guy is just bragging about shooting fenced deer, not really hunting.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I think 50 percent of the whitetail hunters make up good stories to sound interesting........ Truth is sitting in a box blind at -20 for a whitetail just ain't that fun so he built up his story and failed to mentioned the fence operation or the price tag.......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Can a non-resident legally hunt without outfitter in Saskatchewan?

No, not if he is not a Canadian. A Canadian can enter the non-resident draw and hunt without a guide in the specific zone he was draw for. Up until now everyone got drawn, look for that to change in the future.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
IC B2

Buzz Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks fellas, I suspected there was some bullshitting or lawbreaking going on.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looks like that thread disappeared.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mods deleted it

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Mods deleted it

Yeah, its funny how that worked. One guy preaching game laws to a bullshitter and offering as proof of his credentials a couple trophy pictures of his own that showed two violations. Or rather the same two violations twice.

Neither of them would be considered morally reprehensible by most, but the irony was amusing.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Model70Guy
Or rather the same two violations twice.

Neither of them would be considered morally reprehensible by most, but the irony was amusing.
From these photos? Tell us the violations besides saying something about the orange beanie in my pocket for pic.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][/URL]

Last edited by slg888; 12/15/14.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That's one, the other is animals are to be tagged immediately. The white hood is a violation in and of itself, so that's three. Should we count the full camo in the first picture separately? It doesn't make any difference to me, but when people post things that can hurt them I warn them. Seems like the neighbourly thing to do.

Last edited by Model70Guy; 12/15/14.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's one, the other is animals are to be tagged immediately. The white hood is a violation in and of itself, so that's three. Should we count the full camo in the first picture separately?
Deer pic w/camo taken in front of Wade's barn/property. Both deer was tagged immediately. You got me on the hat removal for a pic.

Gotta make a confession though...After the deer was shot I took a big dump & left the tissue with it. That's probably a violation of littering huh.

Buzz Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I was probably guilty of a violation too because I had a picture taken with an outfitters hat on instead of my red cap that I wore while I was hunting.

However, this all started because some goober was trying to tell a bunch of people in my home state that he went on an unguided hunt where there is little doubt he didn't. Judging by his reaction after he was called out I'm not sure he didn't make the entire thing up. Apparently he's posted it on some Alabama forum too where nobody called him out but I am not sure which one. I guess some folks just like to be the center of attention.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slg888
That's one, the other is animals are to be tagged immediately. The white hood is a violation in and of itself, so that's three. Should we count the full camo in the first picture separately?
Deer pic w/camo taken in front of Wade's barn/property. Both deer was tagged immediately. You got me on the hat removal for a pic.

Gotta make a confession though...After the deer was shot I took a big dump & left the tissue with it. That's probably a violation of littering huh.

Probably.

A Saskatchewan tag is three parts. Head/Antlers, hide and meat. I got you on that one too.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Buzz
Well I was probably guilty of a violation too because I had a picture taken with an outfitters hat on instead of my red cap that I wore while I was hunting.

However, this all started because some goober was trying to tell a bunch of people in my home state that he went on an unguided hunt where there is little doubt he didn't. Judging by his reaction after he was called out I'm not sure he didn't make the entire thing up. Apparently he's posted it on some Alabama forum too where nobody called him out but I am not sure which one. I guess some folks just like to be the center of attention.

Very likely. Once someone bullshits about one thing I usually assume that its all bullshit. If it isn't, then its still not worth sorting it out to decide which half to believe.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
648 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.