Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ruger is selling their own brand of 10/22 drop-in trigger replacement groups. Interesting that Ruger now wants to get in on making money to fix what they aren't doing right! Pull weight looks to be about 3.5 lbs. Price is $89.95. No indication that they are putting them in any rifles as OEM.

FOR RELEASE: December 15, 2014
For further information contact:
Ken Jorgensen, Director of Media Relations
kjorgensenruger.com

Ruger Announces the Launch of the BX-Trigger for
Ruger 10/22 and 22 Charger Pistol
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announces the launch of the BX-Trigger�: a light, crisp, �drop-in� replacement trigger assembly that is compatible with all Ruger� 10/22� rifles and 22 Charger� pistols. The BX-Trigger is a Genuine Ruger Factory Accessory and is the perfect upgrade for all 10/22 rifles and 22 Charger pistol models because of the significantly reduced pull weight of approximately 2.75 pounds (versus 6 pounds on the standard 10/22 trigger).
�We have made continuous improvements to the 10/22 over the years, but the BX-Trigger is an exciting performance advancement,� said Ruger President and COO, Chris Killoy. �The BX-Trigger was designed for easy installation, superior performance, and legendary Ruger reliability. Like the popular BX-25� magazine for the 10/22, the BX-Trigger will deliver the excellence and value that shooters have come to expect from Ruger.�
The BX-Trigger is sold as a complete assembly that �drops in� to replace the existing trigger assembly, with no additional adjustment or �fitting� required. A video of the installation process can be found at Ruger.com/BX-Trigger
Beginning December 19, the Ruger BX-Trigger will be available for purchase directly from Ruger at ShopRuger.com or from local independent firearms retailers.
For more information on the Ruger BX-Trigger and other accessories for the Ruger 10/22, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To purchase accessories for the Ruger 10/22 or other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com.

About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. The only full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 400 variations of more than 30 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens�," echoes the importance of these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens

Download Sell Sheet

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll buy one.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
FYI, the link at the bottom of my original post downloads the spec sheet with price, photos and performance comparison. It may be a reasonable compromise for those not wanting to invest in a more expensive unit. It will be interesting to see if it eventually makes it into rifles from the factory.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I think I'll just keep my Kidd's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
msquared - pix's seem to indicate a "polymer" trigger body rather than metal. What's your take? Prefer a less expensive alternative to the Timneys IF the Ruger version will do the job. Have several models of the 10/22 but don't shoot them as often as the HB w/the Timney. Homesteader

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could this just be their target trigger offered as an aftermarket accessory?

I've had a 10/22 Target and 10/22 Tactical (much prefer the Tactical) and they both had "very nice" triggers. Not great like a Jewell or something but both were significantly lighter than standard 10/22 triggers.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Homesteader
msquared - pix's seem to indicate a "polymer" trigger body rather than metal.

It looks like a polymer to me also. I bought a trigger group last year and chose the Clark. At $150 with a metal body, it was more affordable than those brands in the $250-300 range and I have been very happy with it.

Last edited by msquared; 12/16/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alloy/pot metal trigger groups have been a thing of the past in the 10/22 for years.

FWIW, this may truly be an 'upgrade' and not the so-called target trigger of the 10/22 Target or LVT. Tested a LVT trigger several times earlier today, and it was a consistent 4#. BX is advertised @ 2.5-3#. Only time will tell.

Now, if they would go to a proven, aftermarket bolt release in ALL 10/22, that would be another step forward. The bolt hold-open system of the 10/22 is clueg; the bolt release is a clusterf***.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just might have to upgrade my 1968 10/22 with this new trigger. It's been a great rifle for a lot of years.

Then again, I'm not sure I'd know how to shoot it properly without the original 9 pound trigger pull! laugh

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Msquared: Thanks for the information on the Ruger 10/22 trigger assembly - I can't wait to try one.
There were several times over the years when I contemplated buying the $249.00 Volquartsen (?) trigger assembly.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

BMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered my BX-Trigger today. Should get it in a few days and I'll let you know how it compares to the 10/22 Target trigger.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Awaiting your report on it. It looks like a great upgrade at a reasonable price.

BMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I received my BX-Trigger today and installed it, an extremely easy procedure. I have a 10/22 heavy barrel target model with laminated stock, which already shoots ten rounds inside a dime at 50 yards with the stock trigger. That trigger is very good, considerably better than the usual Ruger 10/22 gritty, heavy triggers. This new BX trigger is even better than that. After taking up the bit of slack, it breaks very cleanly. Not having a trigger pull gauge, but having several rifles set to 3 lbs., I would say this BX trigger pulls right at 3 lbs., which seems about 1 lb. less than the target trigger.

All in all, it's a vast improvement over regular Ruger 10/22 triggers, and a considerable improvement over the target trigger. To me, it was well worth the money. I can't wait to get it to the field.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the feedback.... For that kind of money they sound like a good deal. My 10/22 is a completely stock standard model except for a 2-7x scope, basically just a small game/plinker gun. The stock trigger breaks at a very consistent 6 lbs. 5 oz. on a Lyman digital gauge. I like the gun but the trigger never did much for me. Couldn't justify an aftermarket trigger for a gun like this 'cause they're so pricey, but now I'm starting to seriously re-think that. That thing would be a real joy with anything in the 3-4 lb. range with a smooth, clean break.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
VQ trigger kit is little loot for a nice return

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
BMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got out today with my 10-22 Target and newly installed BX-Trigger to do some plinking. I shot 150 rounds. I found the trigger to be very nice and easier to hit small targets with this new trigger than it was with the old trigger. I think this is an excellent upgrade to a 10-22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm gonna have to order a couple of these.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody try one of the in a 10/22 Magnum or a Magnum Research 22 Magnum? I'd like to have a better trigger in my Magnum Research 22 WMR, especially when the price is so low.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one old 10/22's that has a upgraded barrel and stock and close to 20,000 rounds through it thanks to 4 sons. That trigger is worn smooth and light and the rifle is exceptionally accurate on paper and in the field.

I recently bought another 10/22 CUZ a lad should always have at least two, right? I was changing out the stock and barrel and looked at the trigger group and cleaned it up a wee bit and decided to lube it up with some CLP and took it out to the desert to sight in the scope. We sight our rimfires in a 75 yards due to the open nature of where we hunt with them the most.

I was extremely impressed with the trigger on the new rifle and it felt just as smooth as the older one and just as crisp. I had felt the trigger before changing out the barrel and stock and it was typical of rough heavy new trigger on a new 10/22.

I can't remember exactly where I lube it up !!!!!! It wasn't a drenching of the CLP just a normal amount and I wish that I could duplicate it but the memory files are not recalling the locations. The trigger on the new rifle continues to perform with that light crisp trigger but I remain puzzled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
as far as "doing it right from the start" how many 10-22s do you think they would sell if they were priced that much higher? 10/22 is one of the best selling rifles of all time in part because its pretty damn cheap for what you get and most people buying a cheap 22 arent gun nuts

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,901
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.