Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
APA's are very nice, thinking about trying a set out on my next build!

Last edited by Ackleyfan; 12/17/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any reason you did not use Burris XTR matching rings? Looks like the Low 1" would be .42 mounted and the 30mm would be .52 if my calculations are correct. No doubt the Seekins are svelte in their styling.

Again, very nice rifle you built, like to know what your thoughts are on the scope after some time behind it. Thanks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Near rail + Spuhr rings.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I like that! Do they make the base for a M70?

yes

I'm getting ready to try out Burris Signature Weaver rings on two-piece Burris Picatinny bases on a SA M70. If I like the scope, I have low Seekins rings that I'll switch out in place of the Signature rings.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Another solid option for SA Winchesters is the IOR Valdada one-piece zero degree steel Picatinny rail. It has a cutout over the ejection port. It'd be nice if they made it for LA Winchesters, too.

Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 65BR
Any reason you did not use Burris XTR matching rings? Looks like the Low 1" would be .42 mounted and the 30mm would be .52 if my calculations are correct. No doubt the Seekins are svelte in their styling.

Again, very nice rifle you built, like to know what your thoughts are on the scope after some time behind it. Thanks.

I use the Burris XTB/XTR combo and it is my preferred setup. Mounts low to the bore, has demonstrated very good return to zero when switching between scopes and so far, has proven very reliable. Have also been very happy with ring alignment. Have not found lapping to be necessary, with my alignment rods virtually point to point. Very underrated setup in my estimate...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Gasman
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I like that! Do they make the base for a M70?

yes

I'm getting ready to try out Burris Signature Weaver rings on two-piece Burris Picatinny bases on a SA M70. If I like the scope, I have low Seekins rings that I'll switch out in place of the Signature rings.

The problem with the Burris signature rings is the through bolts are prone to breaking. I have had to switch some out to beefier bolts. I like the Leupold QRW rings for being stout myself.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dennis,

Interesting about the through-bolts. Where did you get the replacements?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The poster wants Robust, so that means a one piece mount.

I have the DNZ Deadnutz mounts on a Weatherby and a Rem. 700.

They fit very well and do not bother the scope with ring marks.

The scope will break off before these mounts are affected.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
The poster wants Robust, so that means a one piece mount.

I have the DNZ Deadnutz mounts on a Weatherby and a Rem. 700.

They fit very well and do not bother the scope with ring marks.

The scope will break off before these mounts are affected.

I dig DNZ's concept, and have used several, but the trite ring spacing doesn't help with zero retention. Have not used their 2 piece setup and that might provide a bit more spacing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I dig DNZ's concept, and have used several, but the trite ring spacing doesn't help with zero retention.

Good point. I've used them on several rifles but skipped them just recently due to ring spacing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by 65BR

I use the Burris XTB/XTR combo and it is my preferred setup. Mounts low to the bore, has demonstrated very good return to zero when switching between scopes and so far, has proven very reliable. Have also been very happy with ring alignment. Have not found lapping to be necessary, with my alignment rods virtually point to point. Very underrated setup in my estimate...

John

Just ordered a couple sets of bases and rings.....Burris XTB/XTR at $70 shipped per set. Can't wait to check them out and see how good they are. Planning on using them on a 257 Wthby and a 280AI.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Gasman
Dennis,

Interesting about the through-bolts. Where did you get the replacements?

I just used machine bolts I bought at the local bolt supplier, Copperstate.

You have to enlarge the holes.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Got some of these two piece Burris Picatinny bases and think they're a great option. Nice and low and the multiple slots perfect rings spacing. Thanks for the head's up!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Bumping this thread to see if anyone is using these bases on the Tikka T3.

I'm trying to calculate if the Burris 2-peiece bases + Seekins lows would be taller than Talley lows that have been milled by coldbore here on the Fire. I'd like a little more height for a 42mm scope.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Milled out Coldbore Talley lows vs Burris-Seekins 1in lows

Will the Burris-Seekins give me more room?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I used to recommend those Burris bases until I got a couple of sets that were not made to spec. They were too narrow, and some tapered front to back.

Last edited by mathman; 11/30/15.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
TPS makes some nice rings compatible with weaver bases. Pair those with Warne bases & they should be extremely stout.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.