Print Thread
Hop To
G
gremcat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Question / issue with Talley QD rings on my CZ American 9.3 . When I set the lever down it digs into the factory stock but not a lot of other options. If I go horizontal with it it will be in the way of the opening and bolt. If I go up it will want to snag everything. I can't reverse them because of the lug on the one ring. Wonder why they didn't put the levers on the other side?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good point RE the levers. With my Warne QD's, the levers are on the non ejection port and non bolt side. Maybe you should sell the Talley's and get a set of Warne.

OR, when you re finish the other stock you talked about in your other thread, relieve the wood where the Talley lever is going to dig into it. Problem solved. Whatever you do, glass bed the entire stock, from tang tip to forend tip. Good enough accuracy for a big gun, and no water, twigs, ice, pine needles, thorns, bugs, grit etc. can get in between the barrel and the stock, throwing the zero off. Seals that part of the wood extremely well, also.

I did that with my 416, and it shoots cloverleafs, and remains sighted in in all sorts of varying conditions. All the time looking good and feeling good in ones hands.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gremcat
Question / issue with Talley QD rings on my CZ American 9.3 . When I set the lever down it digs into the factory stock but not a lot of other options. If I go horizontal with it it will be in the way of the opening and bolt. If I go up it will want to snag everything. I can't reverse them because of the lug on the one ring. Wonder why they didn't put the levers on the other side?

I found these the others day when researching Ruger replacement scope rings. Maybe they will help your situation. Alaska Arms

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your solution just showed up, on the cheap, in the classifieds here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...36/gonew/1/WTS_Warne_rings_for_CZ#UNREAD

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
gremcat Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I already have the Talleys and the ones listed are for a 527. I like the lines of the Talleys jut surprised. I do plan to relieve the stock for them it just seem they should have rotated them when they designed them but maybe there tooling was such that it was easier to do it the way they did.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gave up on it and also tried Warnes.....now using Alaska Arms QDs with great satisfaction.....great customer service also.

The Warne 30mm are for sale!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Though you may want the lever option, the QD Talley detachables can be equipped with a torx head screw as well. You still get the good return to zero, but would then have to carry a small torx driver. Again, I'm aware this may not be what you want or need, especially if you're going to use it as a dangerous game rifle.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I use Talley QD's on my CZ 550 and yes, they will gouge the wood a bit oriented straight down. I've oriented them a couple different ways that have worked without issues: 7-8:00 on rear, 4-5:00 on front is one. Lately I've been using them oriented up and haven't had any issues with snagging.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 300_savage
Though you may want the lever option, the QD Talley detachables can be equipped with a torx head screw as well. You still get the good return to zero, but would then have to carry a small torx driver. Again, I'm aware this may not be what you want or need, especially if you're going to use it as a dangerous game rifle.

My 416 Rigby CZ has been used exclusivly as a DGR, but only 1 time did I ever remove the scope. A good low X scope is a better aiming tool for most hunters even under close range encounters.

Another thing about the Talleys, Personally, I dislike the extra 'lump' in the rifles profile with Talley's rings. I would go another route for that reason alone on some rifles. Performance being equal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.